“Fab accomodation , great family resort .”

Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld
Ranked #68 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
anji105
“Fab accomodation , great family resort .”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Just got back from this resort on Wednesday and we were more than happy with our stay .
We arrived tired and bedraggled after 9 hr flight and 2 1/2 hr nightmare experience in customs dept Orlando airport . Check in was efficient and friendly , we were given a room in the Warwick Buildng which had just been refurbished and we were the first to use so everything was brand new .
Could not fault the rooms had plenty of everything and was able to get extra towels no problem at all .
Very lucky as we were next to the quiet pool which was ideal for a late swim and jacuzzi after long day at the parks .
The golf buggy pick up system was a godsend when needed .
The complimentary fast pass for Seaworld was a nice touch and its so close we walked in .
Were not ones for using the hotel bar used it twice all the time we were there but it was sufficient for use and the one meal my kids had they enjoyed .
The free wifi was much appreciated by the teenagers .
All in all for a good base , with comfortable , clean accommodation you really cant go wrong , we would return and recommend to friends and family .
My only gripe was the service from lost and found dept , my daughters mobile went missing from the room and we suspect the maid may have accidently taken it away when she changed the sheets on the sofa bed .
I had made 3 enquires as to wether it had been found and the last time the woman I spoke to was quite rude , Shauna on the desk was lovely and tried her best for us and the rest of the staff had been good , shame that one had to spoil it .

Room Tip: I would advise to ask for a room 3rd floor or higher as the flora and fauna can encroach on lower fl...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank anji105

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Central Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Overall, this is a decent family-friendly hotel. I do feel that the rates were high given the quality of the rooms. You could spend the same and find nicer accommodations in the area.
The pool area is impressive, with outdoor evening movies shown in the main pool area, slightly secluded waterfall grotto areas, and a pool table and bar/snack area. There is also a playground, and a smoking area set back far away from poolside.
That, however is where the quality stops- the rooms were on the small side, there were no sheets for the pull-out sofa- just two bare pillows and one blanket. And when my kids went to use the pull-out sofa (right next to the bed), they found a baby cockroach in the sheets. I expect a little more from such a fancy hotel on the outside.
Also, although there was a coffee maker, there were no disposable cups provided, just ceramic ones in the cupboard. Maybe that doesn't bother you, but to me it's a little unsanitary, I don't appreciate having to do dishes while on vacation!
Overall, it's ok if you can get a super deal or only have to spend a night or two, but I would not want to stay longer than that.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank autumn_everlasting
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I was contacted by Hilton Grand Vacations and was offered their 4-day/3-night stay at this site with the stipulation that I had to sit through the 1-hour tour of the Parc Soleil resort, which was still being sold. I admit that I was a bit apprehensive about whether or not this was a scam, but after discussing it with my wife, we decided to take them up on their offer.

For a total of $150, we were able to stay at this location for 3 nights. We took the opportunity to purchase tickets for Sea World at the same time on our own. Upon arriving at this location, I was absolutely delighted. The service was excellent. The facilities were clean. The rooms were in excellent shape. The bed was comfortable. The amenities were plentiful. But my absolute favorite was the pool.

My wife and I made sufficient use of their pool-side restaurant/bar. The hot tubs were a bit on the warm side for my tastes, but otherwise, everything was nearly perfect. I highly recommend visiting this facility.

On a side note, we took the opportunity to purchase the Hilton Grand timeshare, and I must admit that I was, again, surprised at how useful it has proven to be. After reading so many negative reviews (after we purchased our deed), I expected to have trouble. The truth is, we haven't had a single problem. I suppose it helps to understand that, as a vacationer, you are responsible for everything except lodging when you take part in one of these deals.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect, but I imagine they are mostly identical. We had a corner room, which seemed t...
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jnsatterfield
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed here in January, the weather was beautiful. The hotel staff informed us of all the features. There is free movie night, free golf cart transportation from building to pool, free tennis, walking tours, ping pong and more. Bingo was $5 but the prizes were worth it. They were worth $10-20 per game, and $5 gets you 4 games. The resort has 4 pools and 5 whirlpools, free pool tables, shuffle board, and full size, like life like chess. I did this for free with a time share presentation.

Room Tip: Stay close to the main pool. Also, ALWAYS get a 1 BEDROOM! The reason is studios are regular, 1 BEDR...
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank chris f
lancaster, pa
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Overall, the facility is very clean and well maintained. The staff is very helpful and courteous. We had our granddaughter along for a Disney vacation and we all enjoyed the movie nights. The pools were very clean and towels were plentiful. The activities center is being renovated so we were not able to use this area. The exercise area was adequate, nothing over the top. The rooms were a little dated and the couch in the living room definitely needed to be replaced (or at least the cushions-we were in St. George's pods room 3115). The beds were comfortable. One thing I would definitely warn everyone about is the shower on/off nozzles. The hot and cold indicators are just the opposite of what is normal and someone could get confused and get burned easily. We loved the enclosed porch area. We enjoyed the facilities and enjoyed our stay there for 7 days.

Room Tip: I would chose a second or above floor room as the 1st floor became noisy with the upstairs rooms and...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank deb s
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2011

They say that the definition of stupid is to repeat the same action multiple times and expect a different result. Based on that, my decision to stay at the HGV at Sea World is just that! .In January, 2011, I stayed there for 2 nights. I have had moderate success before and I needed the one bedroom suite because I was working. The toilet handle was broken and the toilet wouldn't stop running. Most of the electrical sockets in the kitchen did not work. I had to put the coffee pot in the bathroom. Overall, the maintenance was poor. I called the front desk and they sent a person to fix it, but none of it was any different.
I wrote a letter and receiived an invitation to return by the night manager. I thought that maybe she would have given me a slight break on the rate, or an upgrade when I returned but that didn't happen. I booked and paid for a 2 bedroom so my son could visit me while I was working in Orlando. She did promise me that I could check in a bit early beacuse I was paying for a catered evernt one of the nights. That early check in never happened.
The 2 bedrroms have a very nice large living room. I know that because I have stayed in them before. The desk clerk that checked me in said that my room wasn't ready, even though it was check in time. She insisted that she had another 2 bedroom that was ready. I asked her 3 times if it was a "real" 2 bedroom and she said yes. She lied outright each time. It was also storming and you wet no matter what you do when you go into the buildings. The difference between a "real" 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom with another attached htoel room is huge. The actual 2 bedrooms have both bedrooms inside the suite and the living area is twice as big.
Additionally, I booked a room for a Sunday and Tuesday. I was going to be away on Monday and asked that I could be assigned to the same room for both nights. The manager assured me that I could. Of course, since I didn't get the 2 bedrroom the first time, I knew that wouldn't happen. I needed the living space for a business reception that I was hosting on the second night. The manager assured me that I could get into my suite early on that Tuesday. I finally got into a suite, with a much smaller living area, AFTER check in time.
The only person who was at all helpful was clerk named Monae. Unfortunately, her hands were tied because of the incompetent management and the other desk clerks who continually lied about everything.
To add the final insult, they are renovating the buildings. The parking lots are blocked off and you end up going down an aisle that just stops, making it hard to get back out. The hammering and noise is atrocious. The last night I had a headache all night because of the paint smell.
I would not recommend this place to anyone until they finish the renovations and retrain their front desk people not to lie, especially to people who have knowledge of the property. Go to the HIlton at the Convention Center if you want outstand customer service and attention to detail.

Room Tip: Stay in a building close to the lobby, such as building 2. Don't overlook the pool unless you d...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank JulieKJ
Philad
Reviewed 14 October 2011

The Hilton Grand Vacation-Sea World is a clean and beautiful place to stay although the room we were in was on the tiny side, it was big enough for the two of us. The pool was sparkling and warm and there were activities offered everyday from bingo to movie nights. Though we didn't participate in any, it was nice that they were there in case there was a rainy day.

This hotel is set up more like a resort than a hotel with multiple buildings spread across a large area. This is great in that it makes it a lot quieter in the individual buildings and there was always parking right outside our room.

The onsite bar had good food and service, we ate there more than once and the Pizza Hut room service was awesome for a late night movie night in the room. The concierge was more than helpful for getting us our Disney tickets and booking us for a dinner show at Arabian Nights. They were also great with providing us with directions so that we didn't get lost!

The only complaint I have is that they don't honor Hilton member rewards. I have Gold status with Hilton and they would not honor early check in/late check out (even though our room was all ready) This left us having to wait for 3 hours to check in even though when I booked the room I informed them I had an earlier flight. Although annoying, nothing that couldn't be brushed of by eating a nice lunch.

I would recommend staying at this hotel. It was a nice place with friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple