“Nice place close to Attractions”

Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld
Ranked #68 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
“Nice place close to Attractions”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I recently spent a few days at this location, centrally located to various attractions. Rooms nicely appointed. A friend had requested a recently renovated room on a high floor, the room was extremely well appointed. My room while smaller was well appointed and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Request a newly renovated room on a higher floor(6 story building) and you will be pleasantly surpri...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property is conveniently located near all Orlando theme parks. They have free shuttle service to Discovery Cove, Aquatica and Sea World on a convenient schedule. You can also hire shuttle to Universal. We drove to Walt Disney World which was an easy 15 minute commute with plenty of signs to show the way. We rented a two bedroom with a queen pull-out sofa. There was a kitchen with cookware servingware and untensils, along with a toaster, blender, microwave, dishwasher, tea kettle. The entire unit was clean with plenty of towels and bed linens. There were two screened in porches with furniture overlooking a golf course. A small food store/deli is also onsite that serves Starbucks coffee, breakfast sandwiches and pizza. There's also a restaurant, but we didn't patronize since there are so many restaurants within a short driving distance. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have plenty of golf carts driving by offering rides since the property is very large. If going to Sea World, make sure you visit the concierge for front of the line passes. I was very, very pleased with this property and would visit again during our next Orlando visit. They do offer time shares and I was called in advance to attend a 90 minute presentation with an offer for a highly discounted room rate available for a later visit, but didn't want to take the time from our vacation to attend. The only thing that was neglected where the celebration balloons that were promised when I called the property to confirm my online reservation. Since we were celebrating my daughter's birthday they offered to have these in the room, which I thought would have been a terrific customer service touch, but they never appeared. That's the only slightly negative thing I can think of at this property. Also, the parking lot was full, but we rarely saw many guests. I assume since it's such a large property with individual buildings. We stayed in the Devonshire section on the 6th floor and had no problems with the elevator even though I read previous reviews this was an issue. Elevators where somewhat slow, but this isn't an ultra modern facility so I wasn't expecting them to open at the push of a button. There are also a few pools with towels and food/beverage service available. Plenty of scheduled activities too but we were too busy to take part, but sounded fun. Check-out time is 10am, which I thought was a little early than most hotels we stay and house keeping called exactly at 10 to see if we were planning on leaving. I asked the front desk for an extra hour and they notified house keeping. No big deal. Visit this place, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Devonshire Building, 6th floor was quiet with the exception of some early morning lawn mowing at the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherri C
Thomasville, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Four families stayed for the Memorial Day weekend at this property, it was a wonderful stay. We had great, clean rooms with wonderful views. The location was perfect for accessing all attractions and close to shopping and highways. The restaurant was wonderful. The staff professonal, friendly and accomodating for our large group. Will definitely stay with this resort again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Debbie K
Columbus, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

It was my first stay in Hilton hotel, but I was really disappointed. I have traveled so many countries and used a lot of hotels ( Hyatt, Westine, Marriott, ect), but I have never had this kind of poor service in Hilton hotel. The last day of my vacation ( sunday night 25th May), I left my hotel room at 11:00 am in the morning and I returned 10:00 pm night time. When returning back to my room, I was so embarrassed. The room was not cleaned at all, and I called the front desk and they sent a house keeper around 10:20pm late night. I called the front desk 2 times, and the front desk staff are so rude and even say sorry for late cleaning. Also I had a problem using the hotel bar. When I checked in I saw them my credit card and my driver license. When I tried to use the bar, the waiter rejected me to have a cocktail. He told me I cannot use my driver license, because the license is paper. (not a plastic). ok. here is thing. I live in GA moved from Colorado. now my license is paper because they are issuing my license. so DDS gave me the paper license to use for diving and id verification. I can use my paper license everywhere to buy drinks. He was so ridiculous. I was complaining to hotel, but the front staff wasn't help me and there is no explanation why I cannot use My Id to buy drinks at hotel bar. Most staff was good, but the front desk employees need more customer service training and educations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Dahye K
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We humbly apologize for failing to properly service your room the last day of your vacation, as we should have, and for not doing a better job of explaining in a positive, empathic manner, the strict laws and local ordinances we are obligated to adhere to, including the reason we cannot accept any sort of paper ID without a state approved photo ID, when it comes to serving alcohol in our pool bar & grill. Again, we apologize for disappointing you and not showing you the light and warmth of hospitality that Hilton is renowned for world wide.

Peter M. Merrill
General Manager HGV Orlando Resorts
Parrish, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed in a spacious, clean two bedroom suite. Location was perfect for my business meetings. Resort was wonderful for relaxing after work. Every staff member greeted me, every time, and offered assistance. Resort was quiet and peaceful. We will stay here every trip to Orlando.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Port St. Lucie, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Dirty rooms, lack of good maintenance, crowded parking. One elevator for the entire complex of 6 floors. Only one icemaker for the entire hotel. They pull you in with lies, then pack you in like sardines. Everyone staying there was very disappointed and not very happy about it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

5 Thank Robert A
Thank you for your post. We truly regret disappointing you and while we obviously can’t change what you experienced at this point, we would welcome the opportunity to communicate with you directly to better understand where we went wrong, as well as what led to any sort of misunderstanding regarding the nature of your reservation, as well as the campus style nature of our resort. With this in mind, if you would be kind enough to reach out to Nour Hafid, our Guest Services Manager at nhafid@hgvc.com or on his direct line at 407.387.7003, at your convenience, he will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you directly.

Peter M. Merrill
General Manager HGV Orlando Resorts
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We chose HGVC at Seaworld for the convenient location to conference center and parks. This property couldn't have worked out better for us. Family took the car service to Universal ($20)for the day and Disney Parks ($40). We did learn that a cheaper trip to Disney could be done by a $20 cab ride to Downtown Disney, then take a shuttle. But I was able to pick them up and the $40 cab fare, one-way, wasn't bad for the entire day! Rooms were spacious, 2 bedroom, with kitchen equipment, washer/dryer and screened in porch. Beautiful pool. Only reason for giving it a very good instead of excellent is the age of the property and pools compared to other HGVC resorts in the area. Still a great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business