“There are better HGVC resorts to stay in”

Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld
Ranked #73 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I will begin by saying that I am an owner, so I'm very upset. My bathroom shower had a musty smell, and the tub had a large brown stain in it. The cabinets were scratched and old looking. The A/C broke on my next to last day, so I was given a second room to stay in. The pool was full of drunks and unattended children. Guest were drinking alcoholic beverages inside the pool, while children swam around them. Or they'd line up their drinks around the perimeter of the pool. Honestly, this should not be allowed. This is supposed to be a family resort - I won't be brining my family there ever again. I've stayed at other HGVC resorts, better maintained and no drinking problems.

Room Tip: My tip is to find a different hotel
3  Thank LI-Lily42
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. As one of valued Members, please be assured we do not take your comments lightly and although it’s obviously too late to change what you experienced, we would welcome the opportunity to learn more about the particulars of your overall experience with us. With this in mind, if you would be kind enough to reach out to Nour Hafid, our Guest Services Manager, at nhafid@hgvc.com or on his direct line at 407.387.7003, at your earliest convenience he will be more than happy to assist you. Again, we humbly apologize for letting you down and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future. Thank you!

General Manager HGV Orlando Resorts

Write a ReviewReviews (3,947)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is the 2nd time we've stayed here and we have been pleased both times. It's right across the street from SeaWorld and your night's stay includes a SeaWorld fast pass card (get this from the conceirge).

3  Thank ShoppingTraveler
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were seven this time and had a 3BR Suite. They are spacious and offer everything you want, even a private washer and dryer, just in case you want to do laundry...
It is within Walking distance to Sea World and you get free quick access passes to Sea world at the Lobby. Wonderful for kids and grown ups alike. A huge pool area is available, too.
The only negative point was that although I could tell them exactly, where I had forgotten my razor, they were not able to find it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank HugoBern
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My fiance and I were looking to stay at a fantasic resort as this was my first time in florlida. The resort on the whole was great but there was quite a few issues that stood out and added some sour notes to the trip. When we arrived we were captivated by the place, it looked very elegant, the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Once we went to our room there was a smell of dirty mop water in the air that was a little irritating, in the bathroom there was hair all over the tub which was nasty, so i had to clean the tub down, other than that the room was great. We visited the restaurant and unfortunatly, although it looked nice, we came in not knowing if we should seat ourselves or wait, we sat down and realized that there was one lonely server all by herself. After five minutes the hostess appeared and gave us menus, said nothing and walked away. Another five minutes passed and the server made it over to take our order. She was wonderful, a red headed lady form poland i believe, i felt so bad for her that neither the two bartenders behind a half full bar, or the hostess didnt lift a finger to help her on the floor at all, the whole time i never saw a restaurant manager. Next day we wanted to go out for dinner and called the concierge, they gave us recomendataions and offered to make reservations for us, i said i woudl talk with my fiance and call back, when i called back no one answered, i called, and called and no one answered, i left a message and no one called me back, so i found somewhere on my own. We made a second attemt at the coral reef restaurant, sat at a table for 5 minutes before the hotess tossed menus on the table and walked away, she was so rude and cold. We waited for another 10 minutes waiting for a servera and then finally went to the bar because it seemed to be the only place to get service. The bartender was nice, she made great drinks and was friendly. The last night we ordered a pizza, i went to pick it up, and they couldnt find my order, the guy i ordered the pizza from not 10 minutes ago didnt remember talking to me. They found it only to see that it was made wrong so i had to wait to have it remade, i feel if it was me i would have gave it to me for free for the inconvenience. The whole time im thinking where is a manager, this is unreal to me as i am a Food and Beverage Manager at a Hilton Hotel, and was suprised by the poor service. The resort was fun and the pools were nice, they always seemed to have some pool side activity going on which was nice, but i expected better from a Grand Vacation, but management was invisible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Ryan K

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Although we appreciate your positive comments about the resort as a whole, we are concerned about the housekeeping concerns you noted in your room, as well the service breakdowns you experienced in our Coral Reef Bar & Grille. With this in mind, we’d love to have the opportunity to learn more about the particulars of your overall experience with us, so if you would be kind enough to reach out to Bill Deck, our Retail Operations Manager, at bdeck@hgvc.com or on his direct line at 407.387.9301, at your convenience, he will be more than happy to assist you. Again, we humbly apologize for giving you and your fiancé anything less than an outstanding vacation experience and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future. Warm regards!.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I am going to start this review by stating that I stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights with my girlfriend on her father's timeshare. Therefore, my opinion should be taken very seriously since I had no personal monetary contribution.

The first day seemed like everything was fine prior to check in. We arrived a few hours before 4 PM (check-in time) and they took our name and phone number and said they would contact us when our room was ready. Lunch at the resort restaurant was very good and the pool was nice. We got a phone call around approx. 2 PM that our room was ready and we were able to check in early. However, when we checked into the room it was very small compared to most hotel rooms/suites that we have stayed in. In addition, it was very hot in the room (between 75/80) but we weren't completely alarmed at first because we assumed maybe the A/C was not on before we checked in. After about 2 hours or so of being in the room - the temperature was climbing with the A/C on! We left around 5 PM for dinner and on our way out we let the front desk know that our A/C was not working. They stated someone would check it out while we were gone. We returned that evening at approximately 11 PM and walked into our room that felt more like a sauna! The A/C was set to cool to 68 but the temperature in the room was 85! The HVAC system was blowing hot air! We found a note from maintanence stating that the A/C was broken, they would not be able to fix it until tomorrow, and to contact the front desk to get another room. At this point we were not happy because it was getting close to midnight and we had to switch rooms. My girlfriend walked to the front desk while I began packing up our belongings in the Mojave Desert. She returned a little while later with our new room keys and the location. Our new room was located on the very far end of the resort about a 1/4 mile away from our current room (I will elaborate on the size of the resort later). My girlfriend was not offered any assistance to get our belongings to our new room. Therefore, our first night we were up until almost 1 AM changing rooms when we had to get up early to go to Disney. In the morning, we went to the front desk to ask them why they did not contact us to tell us the room situation because we would not have stayed out until 11 PM if we knew we had to change rooms! The hotel employee stated that they did not keep our phone number on file even though we gave it to them when we checked in! Basically all we got was an insincere "Sorry" and that was it.

The second major issue we had was the shuttle service to Disney. Due to the location of the resort there is no easy way to get to Disney. The hotel offers a shuttle for $9 per person daily roundtrip through an outside company. This seemed like the best way to get around but it is VERY disorganized. I am not sure the exact process but from what I gathered the hotel is supposed to let the shuttle company know how many tickets they sell so they know how many people they are going to have to transport. Each morning it seemed like there were more people than the shuttle van could hold and they had to call for a cab to accommodate all the customers. On our third and last day going to Disney we had plans to take the 815 AM shuttle to get to the park early to avoid the crowds. However, when one shuttle van showed up at 815 AM there were too many people for him to take. The first shuttle van left leaving multiple people including myself and my girlfriend behind waiting for another shuttle van to come. After about a half hour the other shuttle van finally arrived. By the time time we made it to the drop off at Epcot, into the Disney bus to Hollywood Studios, and into the park the lines were already outrageous. This was all a result of a mismanaged and disorganized shuttle service that this resort promotes! Later that day when we returned we attempted to acquire a refund for this shuttle ride due to the horrible service. However, every person we talked to just pawned us off on the next employee. The third person we talked to late in the afternoon stated he would have to make a few calls to see what he could do. He took our name and phone number and told us he would contact us later that day once he got an answer. We never heard from him. The next day we went back to talk to our now fourth person and he stated he had no knowledge of our complaint and by this time we had enough trying to get our refund and just gave up. These people were not friendly and not willing to make their customers happy!

Now moving onto a few other smaller issues that added to our disgust with this resort:

Resort size: This resort is over a quarter mile long from one side to the other. While the bell hops do give you rides to your room in a golf cart - that's only if they're not busy and you can find them! If you don't have a car or rental car be prepared to plan your days around walking all over this resort!

Resort Location: While we understood when we planned this trip we would not be close to Disney we did not know how much of a hassle it would be to get around! If your'e staying here to go to Seaworld or Universal then you should be ok but not Disney. Cab fare from the hotel to Disney or vis versa one way will cost you anywhere from $20-40 depending on where you go. The bus is also an option for $2 each way but it only runs every half hour and will take almost an hour one way to get from the hotel to Disney or vis versa - and it involves even more walking! And as I stated in detail above the hotel's shuttle service is not a good option. Basically if you want to go to Disney don't stay at this resort - I know that next time we will be staying on Disney to alleviate the hassle of transportation (which is all free once you're on Disney property).

Service: In addition to the poor service with the A/C problem and shuttle issues - we did not feel as if we were treated well overall. The front desk staff did not make us feel welcome and were not very friendly. And as mentioned all our issues were met with an insincere "Sorry." The night after we left this resort we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Downtown Orlando and we got the warm and friendly hotel experience that we thought we would have got at the Hilton.

All in all, we would never stay here again and will definitely strongly discourage any friends and family from staying here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Rick P

Thank you for your feedback. We truly regret that your first experience with us was less than a great experience and wholeheartedly apologize for the inconvenience you had to endure due to our inability to fix the A/C in your room in a timely manner, as well as for the misunderstanding regarding the limited shuttle service options from the resort to the Disney area attractions. At the same time, please be assured we take the feedback we receive from all of our Members and Guests alike very seriously, and assure you we’ll use it in a positive, proactive manner moving forward in our continuing efforts to never disappoint any of our guests. Again, we sincerely apologize and thank you for your comments. Best regards.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel is beautiful, clean and safe. The pools are great, all being slightly different temperatures so that you can hop from one to the other to cool off or warm up. It is conveniently located to everything being only 15 minutes from Disney and 15 minutes from the airport. I recommend it and would love to stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
1  Thank Paul F

Thank you for your kind words. We’re delighted you found our resort beautiful, safe and clean and would love to see you return whenever your future travel plans may bring you back to the Orlando area. Thank you again!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We love staying at this hotel - they have a full size washer and dryer in every suite and a Jacuzzi bathtub and separate shower. There is a nice screened porch and the bed is very comfy! It is so nice to have the convenience of the full size kitchen and the amenities and children's activities on-site are so great. We stayed 5 days and went to Sea World one day - other than that, we spent almost all our time at the resort! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family