“AWESOME FOR FAMILIES OF ALL AGES!”

Marriott's Harbour Lake
Ranked #17 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay & took advantage of the daily activities. The air freshener they pump into the air is nausiating, not to mention toxic. The tray in our microwave was broken & our room had to be aired out. Once we got the issues resolved, it was nice. We avoided the lobby area due to all the air freshener.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank FamilyVacationing1
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Harbour Lake

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is a Marriott property all the way, and we would rather stay at a Marriott resort than any other out there. The staff is gracious and oh-so-helpful, the grounds are immaculate, the buildings well maintained and the rooms clean, spacious and well equipped.

That being said, this resort is geared for families with children. So there are kids EVERYWHERE. We actually found a child in the dishwasher when we checked in that we had to get housekeeping to come up and remove. We knew this when booking, but poor planning on my part meant this was the only Marriott in the area with availability when we wanted to vacation.

Even with this caveat, we had a great time. Ice cream sundaes every day can really grow on you! The beer tasting social was pretty cool as well, as was the Polynesian dinner and show. We cooked out on the grills a couple of nights getting all our supplies at the Publix that is right up the street. See my review for Central Florida Nature Adventures if you want to see the most fun thing we did while staying here.

BTW, what was offered to us but we didn't bite, was a day pass for one of the other very nearby Marriott resorts. If the all the kids are really too much you could ask for one, I guess.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Noisydaddy
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

The rooms were nice, we had 2 bedrooms, one with a king bed, & we had another room with 2 queens -both had en suites- we had a full kitchen with fridge, dishwasher, silverware & plates & cups, stacked laundry w&dryer...3 flat screens one in living room& each bedroom, screened in balcony...nice. There is an arcade, several pools with a pirate theme, basketball courts, ping pong, miniature golf, exercise room, fishing, massage services, theme park tix for a reduced fee & exceptional staff! There's enough to do here that you don't have to go to the parks everyday! The only issue I have with this place is that it's huge! I just didn't like the look-plus, it looked a little, & I mean slightly worn-on the outside mostly, but inside our bedroom fans didn't work -(but the A/C was more than adequate), the handle came off the fridge (but we pushed it back together) ...most wouldn't consider these problems, and they really aren't, but...por moi, they are worth mentioning!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Chocgrad39
Reviewed 16 August 2013

From the staff to the pools to the room everything here is great. The rooms were great including 2BR, 2Bath, a full kitchen and were cleaned on a daily basis. Included with our check in was a free shutterfly 8x8 album and a family portrait that we actually didnt have time to take advantage of)

The pools were great, including a pirate ship to pay on at one, and a sprinkler area at the other which were both in addition to the pools themselves. Although we didnt take advantage of them they had a full slate of both adult and children's activities everyday (some free some for a fee)

Only a 20 min drive away from WDW and you could see Seaworld from the campus so it was obviously very close (even though we didn't go ourselves). We stayed on Marriott points so I couldnt speak directly to cost but I will add we were not charged a separate resort fee as some people are worried about at facilities like this

Highly recommended for families

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KosherConsultant
Reviewed 15 August 2013

JUST returned from an eight night stay at the Marriott Harbour View (MHV). Had we checked out after the first five nights, this review would be an “over the top” rave. (In fact, it was the high ranking and favorable reviews on TripAdvisor that persuaded me to book the MHV ….) And because I would like to be fair to this property and its outstanding staff, I have been seriously considering NOT reviewing this hotel to avoid being completely honest. But, as someone who relies heavily on TripAdvisor, I’ve decided that would not be fair either. So with a great deal of regret …..

Anyone staying here should be aware of the Palmetto bugs (aka giant, winged cockroaches).

And while my kids and I were delighted to encounter many micro-sized lizards running across the grass, sidewalks, etc., I was not as thrilled to find two roaches scurrying across the ceiling of our master bedroom at @5:30 a.m. on the morning of our sixth day. Made it difficult to get back to sleep and relax the subsequent evenings. Moreover, all I could think about while packing was potentially bringing one of these critters home with us in our luggage. (Ugh.)

After failing to capture either of the bugs (a stupid idea as one of the bugs then dropped from the ceiling and scurried under the bed), I immediately called the front desk to report the unwelcomed “guests.” Once everyone in our unit was awake, I then visited the front desk manager, who was extremely apologetic, and gave us the option of either switching rooms/buildings or having our unit sprayed. (And notably, from the reaction of the staff, I don’t think the bugs were a “surprise” or “shocking” find.) And although my first reaction was to change rooms/buildings, no one else in my family wanted the hassle, so we opted for pest control services ... which were provided by an outside service later that same afternoon. And while that appeared to take care of the issue for the rest of our stay (I did not see any additional bugs in our unit), I do know that our unit was not the only one to be visited by the pest control folks that afternoon, and that there was at least one other report called into the desk. Of course, this experience got me looking at the facilities and our unit a bit more closely, and made me realize that while the units are “surface” clean, the carpeting and the furniture in our (renovated) unit were very much in need of a deep clean. Lots of stains, spots, etc., on the carpeting and upholstery, which you don’t initially notice because of the dark colors and busy patterns. Enough said.

Despite the unfortunate incident above, I can also report that our family DID have an overall good stay at the MHV. We stayed in a HUGE two bedroom unit and our first impression upon opening the door was “wow, cool.” (Although not MVC owners, we requested a renovated unit at check-in and were cheerfully accommodated despite the fact that the resort was very busy, if not fully booked.) Moreover, we found the kitchen to be very decently equipped, an important requirement for us given that a member of our party has special dietary needs/restrictions. Additionally, as noted by many other reviewers, our kids loved the recreation facilities (the pools in particular), but also the mini golf, basketball court, and scheduled entertainment (for example, an afternoon reptile show). We also availed ourselves of the services of the concierge (whose theme park ticket prices were very competitive), outdoor food services and free Wi-Fi. Location was also terrific (just down the street from Sea World, Aquatica, and Dolphin Cove) and an easy drive to Universal, Publix and Whole Foods.

Last, but not least, all of the MHV staff was GREAT.

This could easily have been an Excellent rating, but our stay was marred for me by the giant bug encounter. Although I know other members of my family would not hesitate to stay here again, I don’t think I could.

6  Thank czb_JerseyShore
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We booked a two bedroom cutoff using our timeshares. My overall impression of this this resort is that it is truly a family resort. They had two large pool areas centrally located and both pools catered to all ages. The first pool had an great big splash pad for little kids (and adults) to run around in as well as a water slide where the lineup wasn't very long at all. The second pool had a big pirate ship where kids could run around in. This resort provides tons of recreational things to do such as bball courts, ping pong tables, pool tables, mini soccer field, fishing. Having used my timeshare before in Florida, the rooms were what I expected. They were clean and nicely decorated. If you are looking for a nice resort located close to Disney and Outlet Malls and want it family friendly, then I recommend this resort. The whole family had a blast! The negatives for the resort - they didn't replenish our room with fresh towels, we had to laundry them ourselves or pay for the service and they didn't have enough lighting around the grilling area. It was hard to cook in the dark. Other than that, this is a very nice resort and close to everything.

2  Thank eric-eze
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We are finishing five nights here and loving it. For less than the cost of an overpriced Disney or Universal Resorts "shoebox" sized hotel room, imagine staying in a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo complete with a kitchen and washer/dryer in the unit. There is simply no comparison.

There are two pools on site, both with zero-entry depth. There are large water play areas. The recreational area includes basketball courts, ping pong tables, grills, a large playground and a 18-hole putt-putt golf range. There are family-friendly activities every hour. The resort is central to all Orlando tourist attractions. There are plenty of nearby restaurants.

While we planned to visit Lego/Universal/Sea World/Disney during our last three days, our children (9 and 6 y.o.) had so much fun that they asked to stay around the hotel instead. Need I say more?

If I have to be critical.... our unit's bathrooms could have used some updating and fresh paint, and the master bathroom was rather odd (no door to shower area - no privacy while showering, and the whole bedroom would steam up when we used the shower). But compared with being crammed into a tiny Disney hotel room, I will gladly put up with these minor inconveniences.

1  Thank poohmacat2