“Nice place, a few horrible staff members, specifically Austin Basel.”

Marriott's Harbour Lake
Ranked #15 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Franklin, NJ
“Nice place, a few horrible staff members, specifically Austin Basel.”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had an issue at the pool with specific staff members that were completely unprofessional and rude. The staff is not trained properly with no consistency of enforcing pool rules. We went to the pool 4 out of our 7 day stay. On our 6th day at the pool Gary decides he gonna throw my son off the slide because he was showing 1/2 inch short. I challenged this becauae my son is exactly 42 inches which is the requirement. My son was crying and confused because he disnt understand why he had so much fun for 4 days and now he wasnt allowed. I requested a tape measure to prove the height sign was wrong. No one would get me one. Austin Basel (Mr.Lost prevention) shows up and insisted on taking a picture of my son. For the insurance company. He didn't get very far regardless of the many threats to take the picture. I asked several times for a tape measure. He has no idea how to handle a tough situation. My 5yr old tried to approach him to ask why he was thrown off because he was playing good and Mr. Loss prevention litterly walked right by him and pretended that he didn't even see him. ( nice guy right..?) Joshua shows up and could careless what I had to say, very rude. So we left and that ended our stay. It's unfortunate, that our vacation ended like this due to Gary, Austin and Joshua. The worst part is, the last memory is what sticks with the kids...not a good one. Thank you Gary, Austin Basel and Joshua. I guess I won't be using my vacation club here anymore and will spread the word.

• Stayed September 2013
6 Thank Ggirl5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Slovak first
Steinbach, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This resort has so many things for kids to do. There is a pool with a water slide, a splash pad that is perfect for smaller kids, and another pool that has a pirate ship that has water slides coming off it. There are pool side games for kids. There is a pool side restaurant and bar at the one pool as well as a smaller snack bar at the other pool. You can purchase a refillable cup to use at either pool bar/restaurant. There is an ice cream sundae bar everyday at 3:00pm in the arcade. You can purchase just one bowl or you can purchase a refillable bowl for $12.00. There are a lot of toppings. Nuts, marshmallows, m&m's, reeses pieces, sprinkles, chocolate and caramel sauce, whipped cream and cherries, etc.
Activities around the resort include a gym, an arcade, basketball courts, foosball, ladderball, ping pong tables, pool tables, a volleyball net and a mini golf course.
If you would like to BBQ there is a BBQ area down by the ping pong table, foosball, etc.
There is also a business center with two computers and a printer in the main building.
The studio rooms have a small fridge, sink, microwave and toaster. The two bedrooms have a full kitchen. Full size fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher and all the plates, bowls, cups and utensils. There is also a washer and dryer in suite. The suite has two bathrooms, one of which is in the master bedroom.

Room Tip: Building 28 looks out over the pool with the water slide and splash pad. It is also close to the ma...
2 Thank sleepygirltravels
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of Aug 2013 for a our family Disney/Sea World vacation. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was perfect for a family of 4 and extended family. It was clean,well-equipped. They had tons of entertainment for kids of all ages. They had 2 pool areas/ water play areas, perfect for kids of different ages. Mini-golf, arcade, and happy hour for the adults and specials for the kids too so they don't feel left out. It was literally a few blocks away from Sea World, you can even see the evening fireworks from the mini-golf. Easy access to I-4 which gets you to Disney in 10 minutes. Loved the Key West look and theme. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: We got a first floor room and I highly recommend it when coming home from grocery or unpacking.
2 Thank Jeanine41
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed at the Harbour Lake last week for a trip to the house of mouse. This time I brought my Mother-in-Law who does not travel much and loved the resort. We stayed here last year and came back again. The condo was clean and well equipped. Every employee we came across from the pool staff to security was helpful and always pleasant. I like the fact that security is checking on who comes and goes at the resort's gate giving me a good feel that my family and I are safe. My kids had a blast in both pools. Did not eat at the restaurant as their is a full kitchen in the condo allowing us to easily prepare meals. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Anyone who plans to visit Disney or the Orlando area can't go wrong with staying here. There is so much to do. Melissa the resort's Manager should be proud of the resort and should be commended.

2 Thank Kenneth L
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay & took advantage of the daily activities. The air freshener they pump into the air is nausiating, not to mention toxic. The tray in our microwave was broken & our room had to be aired out. Once we got the issues resolved, it was nice. We avoided the lobby area due to all the air freshener.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank FamilyVacationing1
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is a Marriott property all the way, and we would rather stay at a Marriott resort than any other out there. The staff is gracious and oh-so-helpful, the grounds are immaculate, the buildings well maintained and the rooms clean, spacious and well equipped.

That being said, this resort is geared for families with children. So there are kids EVERYWHERE. We actually found a child in the dishwasher when we checked in that we had to get housekeeping to come up and remove. We knew this when booking, but poor planning on my part meant this was the only Marriott in the area with availability when we wanted to vacation.

Even with this caveat, we had a great time. Ice cream sundaes every day can really grow on you! The beer tasting social was pretty cool as well, as was the Polynesian dinner and show. We cooked out on the grills a couple of nights getting all our supplies at the Publix that is right up the street. See my review for Central Florida Nature Adventures if you want to see the most fun thing we did while staying here.

BTW, what was offered to us but we didn't bite, was a day pass for one of the other very nearby Marriott resorts. If the all the kids are really too much you could ask for one, I guess.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Noisydaddy
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

The rooms were nice, we had 2 bedrooms, one with a king bed, & we had another room with 2 queens -both had en suites- we had a full kitchen with fridge, dishwasher, silverware & plates & cups, stacked laundry w&dryer...3 flat screens one in living room& each bedroom, screened in balcony...nice. There is an arcade, several pools with a pirate theme, basketball courts, ping pong, miniature golf, exercise room, fishing, massage services, theme park tix for a reduced fee & exceptional staff! There's enough to do here that you don't have to go to the parks everyday! The only issue I have with this place is that it's huge! I just didn't like the look-plus, it looked a little, & I mean slightly worn-on the outside mostly, but inside our bedroom fans didn't work -(but the A/C was more than adequate), the handle came off the fridge (but we pushed it back together) ...most wouldn't consider these problems, and they really aren't, but...por moi, they are worth mentioning!

• Stayed August 2013