“If you have Kids, this is the place”

Marriott's Harbour Lake
Ranked #15 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
chicago
“If you have Kids, this is the place”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I know the other reviews say the same heading, but it is very true!! The water parks on the resort are amazing, the pools are fun! Adults can play also!! Cobblestone roadways make it a unique experience, even for a casual stroll. They have pool tables, ping pong tables, fire pit, basketball hoops (all sizes) tennis courts.....ALL OUTSIDE....most in open aired covered areas but oh man Between the florida weather and the water fun, it is absolutely awesome!! Right next to Seaworld, and world rated golf courses, Entrance to the highway that leads to the parks is right there also.

Room Tip: Low Floor rooms....Don't go out when they are watering the plants....
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Slovak first
Danvers, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here for 11 nights arriving on 2/26. We stayed here for our Disney vacation with our two 5 yr old daughters. Its less than 15 min from Disney and a walk to sea world. We spent 5 days at the Disney parks and the rest playing at the resort. To sum it up from the kids point of view, I asked them what there favorite part of the vacation was ? It wasn't the Disney parks that I spent over $1300 on. It was the pools and playing at the Marriott !! lol There was endless stuff to do there for children. Whether it was the pool party's for kids, the mini golf on site, the water slides & pirate ship, or the crafts they have regularly. They even have make your own Sunday every day at 3. Most things cost $3-4, some are free. It is truly a children's paradise. All kinds of things for adults also, yoga by the lake, adult wii night, wine tastings, bingo, trivia and drinks by the pool, and so much more. The property is well kept, and our room was great. From what I've read some are more recently renovated than others. We couldn't have asked for anything else. Thank you MVC!

Room Tip: Depending on the time of year you go some rooms have a view of sea worlds fireworks, and they are in...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Idaho
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here for a week before our Disney cruise. We probably could of just called it an excellent vacation even without the cruise. My kids didn't want to leave! The water park and pools with the pirate ship are amazing! We always looked forward to our return from the theme parks to relax at the condo! Marriott always has the most comfortable beds to sleep on! The condo has everything you need for a stress free vacation including a washer and dryer so you don't need to pack a lot of clothes!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gemss
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I'm surprised to see the review below, because we had the opposite experience!

Upon reading reviews which stated that the resort had recently been renovated, I requested a renovated villa back for our stay in Oct 2013. The reservations people were very nice over the phone, and even sent me the daily resort activity schedule in advance & they called me a few days before our arrival to see if we had any special requests.

Upon arrival, you see the large check-in office and recreation center. The front desk staff was nice, but a little sleepy--exactly what some of the TA reviews had mentioned. They were ok, but seemed a little disinterested. But, part of it, I think, was that it's a quiet time of year--October--so they were working at a relaxed pace. I think in Orlando, of all places, you have to turn on the charm and enthusiasm at all times. They were helpful, just not what I've come to expect from Marriott front desks. They informed me that my villa had been completely renovated two weeks prior to our stay. And you could tell. It was great! Linens very clean, towels, new beds, carpeting, curtains, etc. I was impressed. It wasn't one of the villas with granite, but the white countertops and appliances were crisp, clean and worked efficiently, so it was great for us.
The staff at the pool and at the pool restaurant were great. Service was friendly and efficient, and they were always nice to my kids. Decent quality food and drink prices weren't too bad. Loved the pool activities and the pools! We played pool scrabble one day (they throw a bunch of letters into the pool and the kids fetch the letters, try to spell words, etc) and that was great! The pools are great. Especially for small children. Pirate ship was so fun! Pool very clean too. It was nice to see the added improvements for families with special needs kids. Rails for wheelchair accessibility into pool. Then there was a separate huge splash area and pool w/ water slide. There was a great miniature golf course and basketball/football/ping pong area. Great for kids! And arcade as well. (Ice cream sundaes there at 3pm!) And the facilities weren't too spread out, so you never had to walk long distances. The only improvement I would make is an expanded pool deck for the pool with water slide. The pool itself wasn't too large, and there weren't a whole lot of chairs. We were there during low season, but I can't even fathom the place in high season. The staff said it gets overcrowded. I don't think I would stay here during high season---for that matter I would never visit Orlando in high season, but I get that most people don't usually have a choice. Especially because you don't have the beach option in Orlando, if I were Marriott, I'd lobby for an additional pool. The two pool areas were great, but I don't think large enough to accommodate that place in high season.

But the actual villas were spacious and comfortable, we never heard noise from next door, and the elevators worked well. Housekeeping was friendly and efficient, and esp because we have three kids, we always left a tip. A tip is a nice gesture. The screened-in porch was a nice feature too.

We enjoyed the fitness center--good quality, new equipment, large, etc. loved the variety of activities for kids. Save your money--don't do the parks every day--do some of the activities there with your family! We did balloon toss, soccer, bingo, reptile show, arts and crafts...one suggestion there: my kids loved painting a shell HOWEVER it was so cheap to charge $4 per kid for a 50 cent Walmart shell and then limit them to one! The staff member poured a bunch of paint out for my kids. They painted the shell in a few minutes, had lots of paint left over, and then she looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for another shell or at least some paper to paint on! She even replied something snarky like, "we don't have anything here." And we were In the ARTS AND CRAFTS room! That was very disappointing and very nickel-and-diming.The kids should have 30 minutes or so to enjoy the the activity of which they paid! If they finish the shell, at least give the kids some paper. Very disappointing. But overall, the activities were great and my kids had a ball.

The hotel is very close to Disney parks, and driving/parking there was easy. I'd highly recommend this place. I know a lot of the Disney hotels are dirty, overdue for renovations, and frankly, very overrated and overpriced. Save your money and stay here or at some of the other hotels outside the park. (We also loved our stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek, but it lacked kids activities) I have very high standards when it comes to hotels, and this place was great. Even great places need a little bit of improvement, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It's also an incredible value!! Service great, cleanliness, facilities, etc. We were here over Halloween 2013.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank NewYorkerJournalist
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Harbour Lake, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for your detailed Tripadvisor review of Marriott’s Harbour Lake! As a loyal Marriott guest, we truly value your positive feedback and are glad our team exceeded your expectations on your recent stay. Your comments on areas of improvement are also appreciated and will be shared with the appropriate managers for review. We hope you can visit us again soon in Orlando!
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at Harbour Lake for the week of February 2nd through the 7th 2014, in Building 10, we had a 2 bedroom on the 3rd floor, Unit 1035. A rough check in, originally given an already occupied room, which we walked into, SCARY, and then after reloading our bags back into the car, driving back to the building with the front desk to clear up the mix up, the elevator in our new building was out of service and we had to carry all of our luggage up to the 3rd floor!!! We were not too happy but once we calmed down, and opened the door to our beautiful huge room we were happy. The room was spotless for the most part. Like another reviewer stated, the room was renovated but not 100%. There were some stains on the couch and the drapes, and a few ants in the guest bathroom, the mattress was very soft and slopped in towards the middle. We did not have any issues in our room with large cockroach aka if you live in NYC, water bugs. This was a huge plus for me having switched resorts from Liki Tiki Village after having read many reviews from guests who had them in their room. We did not see any on the property at all. We had a washer and dryer in our room which was a huge bonus for us. Went home with everything clean and ready to be unpacked. The pools and activities are strictly geared towards children. The week we were there was a very quiet week, not too many young children. I can see that this might be an issue for couples during peak travel seasons. If you are not traveling with children, you might want to make reservations at The Marriott Grand Vista instead. They have quiet adult pools in addition to a crowded children's pool. This resort caters to families with children. The resort is conveniently located near many theme parks, shops and restaurants. We were very happy for the most part with our stay at Harbour Lake, staff was wonderful. Everyone was Friendly and attentive. The activities desk called nightly leaving a message with the next days activities. This is a perfect resort for families with young children. If I return to Orlando I would stay at either the Marriott Grand Vista or Marriott Harbour Lake. Both are wonderful resorts.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lovepalmtrees
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Harbour Lake, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for visiting Marriott’s Harbour Lake! We truly appreciate your positive review and are happy to hear your vacation was memorable. Our team would also like to apologize for your arrival experience as this falls short of our high Marriott standards. We will follow-up with our front desk team to ensure such an occurrence does not happen again. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next vacation in Orlando!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My family and I went to Florida to escape this frigid winter and stayed at the Marriott Harbour. The resort is smaller than where we have stayed before which I found very nice. It felt like staying with family. The staff and especially the manager, Jay Pepper, were there to help us with checking, questions and meet our every need. The facility had good activities and games for the days we did not spend a whole day at the Disney Parks.

I would recommend this place if you have kids - the kids on our trip were teens and they really enjoyed the sports and games. If you have small kids, I imagine that would really enjoy the pool area with lot of slides and fountains. It was a little cold for even my teens to get into the pool.

The resort was clean, well laid out and very convenient to everything. It is located closest to Sea World, and a quick jump to get to International drive and I4.

Well worth the trip. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on second floor which was nice - we didn't have to deal with the elevators and we...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Travelqueen8882
Our team is happy to receive your positive review of Marriott's Harbour Lake! As a loyal Tripadvisor contributor, we truly value your feedback and love hearing your kids had a great time at our resort. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for your review!
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed here for one week and it was great. Beds were very nice, spacious romos, nice living room. The front desk staff was quick and efficient and when we had a problema with the washing machine, they sent a person very quickly.

The kitchen needs a little more as you have one pan, one small pot, one médium pot and one other thing that I don't remember; it is limited but you can make it work. The washing machine was very Little, I think they should be bigger, but it was OK.

Overall, it was a great stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura D
Thank you for your five-star review of Marriott’s Harbour Lake! We are thrilled to hear your family enjoyed their luxury villa during your week with us. Our team looks forward to your next vacation in Orlando!