“exceptional place for families....”

Marriott's Harbour Lake
Ranked #16 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great place for families. activities all day long like you are on a cruise!!! Staff is exceptional!!!Two pools with a water slide at the one with a water park for the kids.Min. gold course on premisies.

Room Tip: the rooms are villas that are fully equipped!!
3  Thank JanisZappacosta

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I went to this property as one of our friends was staying there. Checkin was pleasant and the lady that helped us was extremely nice and informative. Room condition was good and had all of the amenities one would need. The staff that work throughout the property should really make contact with the guests and look happy. It's important for a guest to see smiling faces. It was our first time at a Marriott Vacation Property, I should point out. The day we were checking out was on a Sunday and I asked the front desk if I could have a later check out than the normal time of 10am and was told flat out no the "hotel is full". Normally this would not bother me but the fact that the front desk agent did not even look into the computer did not show a level of good customer service! You always say say let me check, this is customer service 101! I said to the agent can you check with the Front desk manager who happened to be right behind her and he also repeated the same line. I said if the hotel is full why are you selling rooms online for $155 a night as it should say sold out! I also said I was a Marriott Rewards Silver Elite and would appreciate the courtesy! After typing into the computer for several minutes he said he could give me 1 extra hour until 11am! I was only asking for 12:30pm! It's important that when you stay at a property that you feel valued and unfortunately this was not the case!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Maxcat34
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Harbour Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of Marriott's Harbour Lake. We agree with you that your request could have been handled in a more appropriate manner . Please accept our apology for the service you received and know your feedback will be shared with the resort leadership team.

If you would like to speak with us further about your visit, please email customer.care@vacationclub.com with your preferred contact method and TripAdvisor username. You may also call us directly at 800-860-9384. Thank you again for your TripAdvisor review and for visiting us in Orlando.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I choose this marriott resort based on the brand and activities they boasted for kids. Again, kudos marriott they did not disappoint.
Pros:
Spacious room
Comfotable bed
Screened in balcony
2 water park areas for kids, my daughter loved the slides at the pirate ship, the splash zone, grassy soccer area, as well as other kid activities that they have going on daily
Great job of keeping guest informed of all resort daily activities
Location is right around corner from Seaworld and away from busy park areas
Gated, gated, gated.....great controlled access
Mini kitchen area with dishes included
Late hours for amenties, it great when coming in from orlando area parks, etc
Parking great, I was in bldg29 right in the center of everything
CVS neat by for misc items, they also have fresh fruit

Cons:
Worn furniture, time to replace nightstands and TV stand
More chairs on the screened in porch...4 instead of 2
Not a huge variety at patio grill and food could have been better priced, being that the taste was ok for a quick fix. No resturants in immediate area, but Bonefish Grill. Maybe offer access to other marriott resorts in the immediate area for food choices
Could have used a ipod docking station and more outlets for electronics
No transportation to parks on property, did have bus stop outside resort gate not sure where it went

Overall great stay, would return to stay and and see if a more newer suite was available. Great find for the money. Great activities for everyone in the family!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Shameka S
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This timeshare hotel is very accommodating and modern. The location is very nice to get to all the attractions?
Love the lacy river art of the pool, and the staff is very pleasant.

This is a very nice place

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank MBAF174
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Harbour Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! We are happy you and your family took advantage of the resort’s close proximity to the Orlando attractions and that our staff was accommodating. Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with the team. Thank you for staying with us at Marriott’s Harbour Lake and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here while visiting Disney with our 2 year old daughter. We had a 1 Bedroom Villa and the accommodations were great and gave us plenty to do in our time off the resort. We could not have asked for a nicer cleaner room for the price. We were extremely happy with the resort and the room. The pool area is great for the family to get away and relax on a busy Orlando trip. The hotel is conveniently located to many restaurants and shops and only a 15 minute drive to the resort. Rooms are well kept and clean. The sofa bed was even very comfortable to sleep on. With plenty of room and great amenities at the hotel I would not hesitate to stay here again off the resort and save plenty of money doing so.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Nate B

Thank you for your five-star review of Marriott’s Harbour Lake! We are delighted to hear your Villa was accommodating and that the location of the resort enhanced your stay! Your comments regarding your experience are greatly appreciated and we hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here with my husband and two young children in July while visiting Orlando. I must say this was by far the best resort we have stayed in in Orlando in the many, many years we have been visiting. The grounds were beautiful, the pools amazing (like waterparks for the kids) and our room was perfect with Key West decor (and I don't think ours was even a recently renovated one!) The resort activities were awesome for families (crafts, luau, mermaid academy, wine tasting, balloon toss, fun pool competitions just to name a few). We loved the mini golf course and the great fitness center overlooking the pool area. And the staff at this resort are unbelievable! They go out of their way to make sure you have a perfect stay. Everyone greets you and asks if you need anything. The front desk staff (especially Yuki and Bonnie) were so friendly and helpful every time we needed assistance. We loved our wine tasting hostess as well. I wish I could remember the very nice staff member who helped us find our lost car keys at the resort! This resort's hospitality and well trained staff sets it apart from all other timeshare resorts we have stayed in in Orlando (Hiltons, Sheratons, Diamond, etc) We just loved everything about the resort and will absolutely recommend it to anyone coming to the Orlando area. We definitely plan on coming back!!

5  Thank LBT17
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our villa was immaculate. Even the silverware tray in the drawer was spotless! I didn't feel as though I needed to clean everything before our family used it. The villa was well appointed with almost every cooking utensil you need. The pool area was also clean and our 3 year old loved the "pirate ship" feature of the pool. There were plenty of family activities offered by the staff.
This property is very close to Sea World and Aquatica.
I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Elissa K

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review, Elissa! We are happy to hear your villa accommodated your needs and that the location of the resort enhanced your stay in Orlando. Your comments regarding your experience are important to us and will be shared with our team. Thank you for staying at Marriott’s Harbour Lake and we look forward to seeing you again next time!