My family took our first Disney trip the week after Christmas. After tons of research, we decided to stay here vs. a Disney resort based on the fact that we could get a two bedroom villa, kitchen, etc., for way less than a Disney basic room with not even a mini fridge or microwave.
We arrived in the area 3 hours before check-in and were thrilled that our room was ready, in a brand new building that just opened 2 weeks prior. The villa was spacious and immaculate. A nice Publix is minutes away, so stocking the fridge was the first order of business. (Paper towels, toilet paper, dish detergent, sponge, dishwasher detergent, soap, shampoo, and laundry detergent for one load are provided).
The amenities to entertain children are great-mini golf, pools, game room, outdoor ping pong, pool table, playground. Likewise, the 2 pool bars kept the parents happy, one of which serves food and take-out. Everything within the resort is within a 2-3 minute walking distance. When researching other resorts, many seemed so massive; I didn't want to have to get in a car to drive to the pool. While the location is right off of I-4, I don't believe any of the balconies faced the Interstate. I didn't notice any highway noise, even with doors open. Didn't get to check out the gym due to our long days at the park, but there are plenty of jogging/walking friendly paths.
If there were any cons, it would be the maid service, which was very sporradic. This wasn't an issue for us, as we took out our own trash and had plenty of towels. We got fresh towels and our beds made every other day. Coffee was never replenished, so be sure to pick up your own when grocery shopping. Also, be sure to take some towels to the pool-there are none provided at the pool areas.
We will most likely stay here on our next trip to Disney. As we visited during a peak-week, it was nice to be away from the Disney crowds and not have to drag tired kids out to equally crowded restaurants. And the washer/dryer was put to use-kids were fithy by the end of the day, plus it allowed us to pack lighter.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's Harbour Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Harbour Lake Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Harbour Lake
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Horizons Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Horizons Marriott Orlando
- Marriott's Harbour Lake Orlando, Florida