“This was the best resort for our family bar none!!!”

Marriott's Harbour Lake
Ranked #15 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Davenport, Iowa
“This was the best resort for our family bar none!!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2009

This resort was beautiful!!! We had 3 adults and 2 small children with us. The 2 br villa we had comfortably fit all of us, with room to spare! The amenities were wonderful (washer/dryer, dishwasher, dishes, big screen TV's, screened in deck). The room was beautifully decorated, the staff was polite, the grounds were secure, the pool area was spectacular!!! Two seperate play areas for the kids...pirate ship water slide on one side and a huge area with sprinklers (pirate themed water play area) this also included a kiddie pool (about a foot deep) and of course a regular sized pool and hot tub for the adults! I could even go down and get my Starbucks in the morning from the little stand out by the pools!!! They had mini golf and other activities which we did not participate in, but they looked like fun! Everything was just beautiful and we really enjoyed ourselves! The one and only complaint that I had was the buildings fire alarm going off a couple times due to malfunction. It scared the crap out of my kids! But, things happen and it was fixed as soon as possible. Other than that slight mishap, our 5 day stay there was wonderful and I would definetely return again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank SunshineAndFun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Slovak first
scotland
Reviewed 9 November 2009

I stayed here on an exchange for my own timeshare in Tenerife. I had already been to this resort in 2007 and i would say it was even better than the first time. I travelled with my husband and 11 year old triplets and my parents who are in their 60's and even although the resort is more for families my parents had a great time. Security at the gate was excellent and we managed to check in at 10am which was very convenient as we had just left Marriot Grande Vista and wanted to leave our passports etc in a safe rather than carrying them about with us all day. Pool were clean and activities excellent, my 3 went fishing, played volleyball, basketball, table tennis, pool and joined in all the weekend pool games and just had a ball. As this is my 11th time in Orlando we only went to 2 parks so we spent a lot of time in the resort and thoroughly enjoyed our time. The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. I would recommend anybody whether you have kids or not to go to this resort.

2 Thank wrisberg
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 November 2009

My husband, daughters, (ages 4 1/2 and 18 months), and I stayed at the Harbor Lakes Resort from Oct. 17-24th. What an AWESOME resort! If you are looking to stay off Disney site with young children, this is definitely the place to be. The pools with their slides and splash pad are fantastic for adults and children. The bar & grill is located right near the pool for some appetizers, sandwiches, salads, beer and mixed drinks. They have daily drink specials such as 2 for 1 margaritas, pina coladas, wines, and others.

The resort is located about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from Sea World, which you could probably walk to. It is right off I-4 highway, which takes you right to all the Disney Parks. The resort provides you with a map of the resort and on the back of it, directions to stores and attactions that are popular in the Disney/Orlando area, such as the Prime & Premium Outlets, Publix food store, Universal, All Disney attractions. This was helpful as well when we left the resort on the day of check-out as the directions were provided on there too.

We stayed in Building 30 which is a brand new building. The room was EXCEPTIONALLY clean. When we were leaving, we saw the staff already in one of the rooms, taking out dishes, putting them up to the light to make sure they were clean and no spots on the dishes. They do have maid/cleaning services, for an extra fee. There is a washer & dryer in your villa. They provide a small complimentary box of Tide of detergent to was one load of laundry. We laundered towels or clothes if we needed to and didn't request the additonal maid service.

If traveling with small children, the resort does provide you with a high chair if you call the front desk. However, they do not have full-size cribs, just pack-n-plays. I used www.orandocribrental.com. They were excellent as opposed to another company I used for our last trip to Disney. Orlando Crib Rental was inexpensive. They came right up to our villa and set up the crib and bedding. On the day of departure, we were required to just strip the crib bedding and put it back into a plastic container provided. They came and folded up the bed and took it away. The last place I rented from delivered it and picked it up at the front desk. I would definitely recommend Orlando Crib Rental if you require a full size crib.

One last comment about the resort, when we asked my 4 1/2 year old daughter, what her favorite part of the vacationwas , she always says "The pool at the hotel. I want to go back there again". My husband and I laugh because we spent all this money on park passes, character dinners, Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique, and Mickey's Not So Scary Parade, and what did she like the best....BUT THE POOL! Live & learn!

2 Thank ThreeBees
Chicago
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I was very disappointed when I stayed at the Marriott Harbour Lake. It is nothing like the reviews say. It is nice but it is not as nice as the other Marriotts.

6 Thank lovely101
East Lothian, Scotland
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Just returned from a week at HL with my 12 year old daughter. Check in was quick and easy even at 4am - thanks Globespan !!!! Rooms are fantastic - huge living area with all mod cons, great bedrooms with big comfy beds and super views over the lake. We visited all the parks which are an easy 10-15 min drive away, Sea World is within walking distance and International Drive is 2mins by car. The location is perfect, in a nice quiet area but so close to all the restaurants and attractions. There were lots of families with smaller kids and they all seemed to be having a fabulous time in the Pirate Pool - next time I will have to rent a small kid and join the party !! Well done Harbour Lakes, great staff, great resort and great location - you will not be disappointed....

1 Thank Fergie2
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 3 November 2009

this was our second stay at this hotel and it did not disappoint! We have two small children and the two bedroom suite was just perfect. So convenient to have the washer and dryer and the full kitchen- a must for travelling with small children. My three year old just loved the pirate ship pool. All the employees were helpful.
My only complaint would be that we had ordered a pack and play for our infant, and the first one was broken and the second one was pathetic. The poor child was sleeping on such an uncomfortable surface.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 November 2009

We stayed at Marriott's Harbour Lake for one week in a two bedroom unit with our two children (ages 11 and 9). It was great to have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living area and a full kitchen, especially since we were there for so long. We also took advantage of the kitchen for breakfast, snacks and a few dinners "in" when we were worn out and tired of eating at restaurants. The rooms were very quiet, we never could hear anyone staying above or next to us. The property had a pirate theme in the two pool areas with a water slide, pirate boat, and water activity area. There was also a miniature golf course, a lake for fishing, and nice trails through the property. The staff was very helpful whenever we had questions. The location was in a convenient area that was less than a mile from Sea World, about 5 miles from Disney, and about 10 miles from Universal.