You have no doubt read tons of reviews of this place. I did too and was torn about this Marriott Vacation property vs. many other Orlando options. I am new to family vacations and wanted to balance my needs for a laid back resort feel with the entertainment value for the kids.
We have a 4.5 year old and 15 month old and were a little concerned about the varied sleep schedules of our kids not to mention privacy and sleep for us to. This is why we choose a property with 2 BR, 2 bath villas. The full kitchen certainly was useful as well for breakfasts, snacks, etc.
I travel on business a ton and have stayed at hundreds of hotels while on the road. I am pretty particular about customer service, cleanliness, etc.
Harbour Lake is no JW or Rennasiance but I have to say that it exceeded my expectations on both counts.
1. My wife commented (almost daily) about how nice everyone was from the janitors to grounds crew and certainly the staff. They did a nice job making us feel good about staying here.
2. IF YOU STAY IN THE NEW BUILDING and do not expect a Ritz Carlton, you will not be disappointed. We read reviews about older rooms in the other buildings and/or road noise from I-4 so we specifically requested a new building that was quiet. If this is important to you, choose building 31. Just built 12/08 and was 2-3 minute walk from pools, lobby Our suite, 3143, was immaculate. This room had the flat panel TVs, very new and modern yet Kew West casual. Building 31 is 6 stories, we were on the 4th, so there is some muffled noise from rooms above but nothing out of the ordinary. Note: building 31 faces east so no sunsets and your views are of the entrance pond and Westgate rd...
The hot tubs are great and are located at both pools (which are across the street from one another). Kids loved the Pirate pools. Note: If you go in the winter, be advised that the "splash area" attached to the pool with the waterslide is NOT heated. The pools themselves were 84 degrees, just not the splash zone. It was 81 and sunny each day on our trip but, with no heated water in splash zone, no one was using it.
The pool side resaturant had decent bar food (burgers, wraps, etc). Great beer on tap (Newcastle, Sam Adams, Guiness, etc). Pleasant surprise for Dad! Kids absolutely loved the smoothies too.
We debated about getting a car or taking shuttles. This may be obvious to many but GET THE CAR. I met a local who gave us tips for excellent dining nearby. I love sushi and they have a killer restaurant 2 miles west of Turkey Lake Rd on Sand Lake road called Akumi. Plenty of choices for the kids there too. Also, a super Walmart is 2-3 miles away on Turkey Lake Road. Cocoa Beach is 1 hour east of Orlando. Car flexibilithy was well worth the expense.
This property is 2 minutes off I-4 which puts you within 10 minutes of all Disney parks and like 2 miles from Sea World as well as just a few miles from great restaurants, etc.
Net,net, I was unsure about this place vs,. my other optons but it turned out to be exactly what we needed. Very satisfied.
FYI: If you are a Marriott rewards member and use points for the stay, they clean you room and linens daily just like any other hotel. If not, they don't. .
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's Harbour Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Harbour Lake Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Harbour Lake
- Marriott Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Horizons Marriott Vacation Club Orlando
- Horizons Marriott Orlando
- Marriott's Harbour Lake Orlando, Florida