“Average hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area
Ranked #214 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Hotel was very close to Universal Studios. Had 2 queen size beds....one was very firm...the other much softer. No vacuuming done for the 3 nights we were there. Very strange odor in the elevator and lots of dust near the elevator fan. Breakfast served 6-9am. Waffles, muffins, hard boiled eggs, toast, cereals and fruit. Hotel was ok...just very blah.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I will stay at this inn if I found myself in Orlando again. The wifi did not work even though it was part of the "special". The price was right, it was clean, and a decent place to spend a few days.Did Halloween Horror and would like to return next year!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
LQ0992, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Orlando - Universal La Quinta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

At La Quinta Inn, we are constantly striving to provide excellent service and satisfaction to all of our guests. We are especially grateful when a guest takes the time to write postive comments regarding their stay at LaQuinta Inn Universal Orlando.

We hope to see you again soon.

John Cummings
LQ0992gm@laQuinta.com

Reviewed 21 October 2011

After aproxamately 10 to 20 minutes after checking in i noticed large blood spots all over the bed in room 109. emidiately contacted the front desk and the manager at the time (martin) was very unhelpful, rude, and had no people skills what so ever. he told me that his staff wouldnt let something like this happen insinuating i was the cause of the bloody mess. i got upset and demanded this problem be fixed. instead i was kicked out of the hotel and the refund i was suppose to get never happened, until i contacted expedia myself several days later and they handeled the situation very well. thank you expedia! as for this hotel i advise anyone to stay anywere else but here

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank rainel g

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Orlando - Universal La Quinta. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

Please feel free to contact myself or the General Manager Abdel Jabri with any questions comments or concerns that you may have.

Regards

John Cummings
LQ0992gm@LaQuinta.com

Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed at this property in October of 2009 and found it to be a decent hotel.

In October 2011, I booked a non-smoking King room and was assigned one on the first floor. The room seemed clean enough, but much to my dismay, there was a barking dog in the room next to me. When asked about it, the front desk said that this hotel allows pets. They immediately offered to move me, but only a Queen room was available. While I cannot count any of this against La Quinta, you do need to be aware that pets are allowed, no matter how loud they are. Tourists will bring their pets and leave them to bark in the room while they enjoy Disney.

The Queen room on the third floor was room 320. I was greeted with half a dead cockroach in the sink, a shower plug that would not stay open (had to use a bar of soap to keep the drain open), and the other half of the cockroach in one of the beds. I've stayed in Orlando before - I know that roaches are not uncommon, so I didn't raise a fuss at this. I did, however, keep my suitcase zippered shut all day and night so as to not bring home unwelcome guests.

The next morning, I awoke (from the bed that didn't have a roach) to discover a very large live roach crawling in the other bed. At this point, I reported this to the front desk and asked for a insect inspection of the room. While I was away at one of the parks, I assume this was done, since I didn't have any further incidents for the remainder of my stay.

So while I give high marks to the service, who jumped on every issue I raised, I have to say that the room cleanliness and quality took a big step backwards for this stay.

Other aspects of the hotel remained good: Free Wifi, free breakfast (very spartan), free parking and coffee. Universal is a good 15 minute walk from the hotel.

Negatives remain the same - no on-site place to buy toiletries and no on-site eatery (TGI Fridays is not in walking distance, but nearby). Parking is also not secure, but is abundant.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank BrianThousandOaks_CA
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Great Stay.
Had a room with micro, frig, and king size bed.
All was clean and ready for us.
Everyone (especially John at front desk..think that was his name)
They even let our bird stay...awesome.
They have a shuttle to Universal, didn't use it...but, it is available.
Universal is right across the street basically.
Coffee was good and juice was too...only had the bagels and muffins...that was enough.
We stay here every time we are in town...
Will stay here again and again...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This hotel is extremely convienient to Universal Studios. The rooms are always super clean and staff is extremely kind and helpful. This is the stay location for our annual group trip to HHN and we will be returning at each opportunity. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Very lean and comfortable room.Breakfast is good. Staff very polite and helpful. Pet friendliness very much appreciated. Attend local dog shows in area and will definitely stay again. No complaints.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends