“Road Warrior takes a holiday”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area
Ranked #212 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I worked remote the week of Thanksgiving so I could spend the holiday with my son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren. La Quinta, as usual, has the best people working with them. I arrived in the evening on Sunday and Shey' (spelling) had me taken care of in no time. My dog travelling with me isn't a problem at La Quinta I guess they know a big dawg like me can take care of a little dog travelling with him :-)

There was a continential breakfast in the morning (not as good as the La Quinta in Hattiesburg, but still good) No matter what I needed there is always a smiling face and a willing hand at the front desk ready to help me out. I am not a big fan of working from a hotel room but the La Quinta has everything you need to do it. Then we my days of slaving at the keyboard was done they are close enough to everything to where my grandkids and I were never bored. I suggest you stay at the La Quinta especially if Rover is part of your family vacation plans.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Ericm37022
LQ0992, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Orlando - Universal La Quinta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
At La Quinta Inn, we are constantly striving to provide excellent service and satisfaction to all of our guests and their pets. We are especially grateful when a guest takes the time to write postive comments regarding their stay at LaQuinta Inn Universal Orlando.

We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Orlando Fl.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Just there last week for a one-night stay. Arrived after 9 pm and reception desk helpful. We mentioned about going to the park and she offered for us to leave our suitcases behind the desk if we did not want to put them in the trunk of the car. Room on third floor was pleasant, furnished nicely and clean. They had left the a/c on and it was a tad chilly when we walked in. Beds were comfortable and it's great the entire hotel was non-smoking. We did not use the pool. Enjoyed the 'continental breakfast' which was a choice of juices, coffee, milk, yougurt, mini danish, various breads and mini bagels and hard boiled eggs plus cereal and make your waffles. Bought a one day admission ticket from the concierge desk at full price. Saved time not waiting on line. The 8:45 am van was full and returned for us ten minutes later. As the only return was 7 pm and we were done by 3 pm and wanting to do other things, we cabbed back for $6 plus tip. There is wi-fi; but, the computer in the lobby is permanently broken, so don't plan to print out a boarding pass. Our room was toward the back, closer to the highway; but, we didn't hear a sound from our room. Nor, any barking or other guests making noise. This place and the other two adjacent mini-hotels are on a quiet, corporate building street with no restaurants or other businesses near by. But, again it's a quick cab ride over to Universal Walk with more options than you could use in a month....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jonagold4
LQ0992, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

At La Quinta Inn, we are constantly striving to provide excellent service and satisfaction to all of our guests. We are especially grateful when a guest takes the time to write postive comments regarding their stay at LaQuinta Inn Universal Orlando.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

This was a great stay when we visited Universak. Very convenient location and great price. The breakfast was great and the staff was helpful in showing me the way around town. I plan on visiting again during my next trip to Universal.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MarioVargas121
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Hotel was very close to Universal Studios. Had 2 queen size beds....one was very firm...the other much softer. No vacuuming done for the 3 nights we were there. Very strange odor in the elevator and lots of dust near the elevator fan. Breakfast served 6-9am. Waffles, muffins, hard boiled eggs, toast, cereals and fruit. Hotel was ok...just very blah.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I will stay at this inn if I found myself in Orlando again. The wifi did not work even though it was part of the "special". The price was right, it was clean, and a decent place to spend a few days.Did Halloween Horror and would like to return next year!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
LQ0992, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

After aproxamately 10 to 20 minutes after checking in i noticed large blood spots all over the bed in room 109. emidiately contacted the front desk and the manager at the time (martin) was very unhelpful, rude, and had no people skills what so ever. he told me that his staff wouldnt let something like this happen insinuating i was the cause of the bloody mess. i got upset and demanded this problem be fixed. instead i was kicked out of the hotel and the refund i was suppose to get never happened, until i contacted expedia myself several days later and they handeled the situation very well. thank you expedia! as for this hotel i advise anyone to stay anywere else but here

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank rainel g

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Orlando - Universal La Quinta. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

Please feel free to contact myself or the General Manager Abdel Jabri with any questions comments or concerns that you may have.

Regards

LQ0992gm@LaQuinta.com

Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed at this property in October of 2009 and found it to be a decent hotel.

In October 2011, I booked a non-smoking King room and was assigned one on the first floor. The room seemed clean enough, but much to my dismay, there was a barking dog in the room next to me. When asked about it, the front desk said that this hotel allows pets. They immediately offered to move me, but only a Queen room was available. While I cannot count any of this against La Quinta, you do need to be aware that pets are allowed, no matter how loud they are. Tourists will bring their pets and leave them to bark in the room while they enjoy Disney.

The Queen room on the third floor was room 320. I was greeted with half a dead cockroach in the sink, a shower plug that would not stay open (had to use a bar of soap to keep the drain open), and the other half of the cockroach in one of the beds. I've stayed in Orlando before - I know that roaches are not uncommon, so I didn't raise a fuss at this. I did, however, keep my suitcase zippered shut all day and night so as to not bring home unwelcome guests.

The next morning, I awoke (from the bed that didn't have a roach) to discover a very large live roach crawling in the other bed. At this point, I reported this to the front desk and asked for a insect inspection of the room. While I was away at one of the parks, I assume this was done, since I didn't have any further incidents for the remainder of my stay.

So while I give high marks to the service, who jumped on every issue I raised, I have to say that the room cleanliness and quality took a big step backwards for this stay.

Other aspects of the hotel remained good: Free Wifi, free breakfast (very spartan), free parking and coffee. Universal is a good 15 minute walk from the hotel.

Negatives remain the same - no on-site place to buy toiletries and no on-site eatery (TGI Fridays is not in walking distance, but nearby). Parking is also not secure, but is abundant.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo