“Nice & Friendly”

Ranked #207 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
South Florida, Florida
“Nice & Friendly”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Staff was very nice, location was great, breakfast was great, the room was pretty clean. The only negative items about this hotel was the hallway rug and the pool looked bit beat up. I was also grossed out by a long hair found in my (clean) towel while drying off (twice). It's a great hotel to just spend the night. It is a non smoking hotel and they also allow you to bring pets (for an additional fee).

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying in a La Quinta and unfortunately for this one, I had been spoiled the first time. This place is just average. The hallway carpet was pretty nasty, I was nervous to walk into our room after seeing it. But when we did, it ended up being okay. Although, the floor was a little sticky like some cleaner hadn't been washed off well enough or something. Also, we have a little dog and there were a few (clearly different) dog hairs on our sheets. I'm guessing because they have a washer and dryer for just the pet rooms, as some people are very allergic. So that wasn't a huge deal. I did get locked out of one of the hallway entrance doors because the door key slide didn't work. I was about to walk around but a maid saw me and opened the door for me, which was very nice. Overall not bad, but I probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014
Monterey, Tn
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We are Laquinta Rewards members and have always had great experiences, however we should have walked out when we walked it. There was a leak in the lobby during the rain when we arrived. The hallway carpets are filthy and the hallways smell musty. We had 2 rooms, room 201 was acceptable. Rm 229 had a stopped up sink and on Sat evening there was no maintenance man. The poor front desk man came with a plunger and the black goop that erupted from the drain was disgusting. That did not work he spent 2 hours using various items to unstop the sink and black moldy stuff was everywhere. When I told the front desk when we checked out the next AM ( canceling the 2 more nights in 2 rooms we had intended to stay) I thought the clerk told me I would only be charged only the taxes for that room, of course that didn't happen. I paid $128 to stay in what was probably the most disgusting environment I have encountered in the US. I tried to call mgt. twice the next day and was placed on hold for 7 and 4 minutes, my time is too valuable to wait and I am here on a family emergency, not a vacation. How this was a reward winner last year is beyond comprehension, something drastic has happened here or LaQuinta has lowered its standards. I have 2 more nights booked at LaQuinta on a cross country trip and am very concerned at what I will find.

1 Thank Cooki47
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel was decent but they double charged me for my reservation (Thursday-Friday) and I called Saturday and was told there was absolutely no one there who can assist me until Monday, there is nothing they can do. That's a while to wait for a mistake they made. They asked if they could charge my card upon check-in which they did, but they also decided to charge it another $100 upon check-out. Not very happy. And the guy was rude.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Lakewood, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We arrived late (9pm) and were hungry. We had our little dog and needed to go somewhere she was welcome. The front desk gentleman recommended the perfect place. It was only 3 miles away and fit all our needs. Everyone was GREAT...and the Location was perfect. We also took advantage of the kennel at Universal Studios.

1 Thank Joanna D
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was surprised how nice this property was an so close to Universal and many good places to eat. The rooms were quiet and very clean. The hallway carpet is worn and needs replacing but the manager told me new flooring has been ordered and will be installed very soon. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends