La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area
Ranked #216 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights may 11-13. Room was across from laundry where maids filled there carts. Room was moldy smelling and was nothing like the lasr laquinta we stayed at. I understand this was a pet friendly room but it shouldnt smell like a wet dog.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I chose this hotel based on the proximity to Universal Studios. When we checked in, the guy at the counter was very pleasant. I will say that the lobby was pretty hot and stuffy (as well as the elevator), but luckily the A/C in the room ran well, so it wasn't really an issue. When we got up to the floor for our room, I was a little worried since the hallway seemed to reek of cat urine. I'm not sure if it was because it's a pet friendly hotel or not. But again, it didn't smell in our room, so it was not a huge deal to me. (The following day when we checked out it didn't smell in the hallway anymore, so maybe it was something they used for cleaning?) They apparently have a shuttle to Universal but only once a day. We got there in the afternoon so we decided to walk to Universal Studios to avoid the parking fee. It was not a bad walk, we were told 0.8 miles, by the time you get to the actual gate it may be closer to a mile, but pretty easy walk. The area isn't really a pretty walk, but again, we were there to go to the park, so that didn't really matter to me. Breakfast was so-so, but you can make your own waffles, they also had eggs, sausage, along with cereals, bagels, muffins, etc. Overall, it was an average hotel but with the location and price, I was happy with it since we were just looking for a comfortable and affordable place to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, I was there with my 2 yr old granddaughter and would not let her take a bath. the first room we were given had a hole in the bathtub and the 2nd was no better but no hole. we stayed one night and did not sleep at all. It is more for spring week for college kids than for families. I wouldnt stay the 2nd night and even my son who is a police officer was uneasy at this hotel. NEVER AGAIN

Reviewed 10 May 2014

great location to visit universal, taxi is only 6/7 dollars , taking the free shuttle and a taxi back is better than the expensive 16 dollars parking fee.
People at from desk were Not particularly nice, why Not? ....As a former Manager of a hotel I cannot accept this, but I guess that I cannot understand many things these days.
Breakfast was only acceptable , lack of enough seating totally unaceptable.
They should build more Space for breakfast, times have changed. Some hotels have done precisely that. Y previously stay in a Hampton Inn in Lake Buena Vista, they did it and it was

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Graziella5b
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I chose this hotel because it was so close to Universal Studios, City Walk. We got this room for under $75, and we were VERY happy with the cleanliness, comfort and helpfulness/friendliness of the staff. Literally, this hotel is across the street from Universal Studios. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had a great stay- 5 nights. This is not a luxury hotel-only paid $85 per night w/ tax and it was within walking distance to Universal! Our room was clean, beds were very comfortable, staff was friendly and the breakfast was good and well stocked. It could be crowded depending on the time of morning but that is to be expected. The hotel was very quiet- there were groups of kids staying there but we were never bothered by noise. This hotel is a great value for that area! Would recommend.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our room was not very clean. The sheets were dirty and we had to request new lean bedding. The back door that was supposed to require room key entry was broke and anyone could just walk into the hotel from the rear. I would only recommend if this was the only option for having a small dog with you since they allow that. I would never stay here if it wasn't for having a pet.