“Friendly Staff and Clean - what more do you need?”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Area
Ranked #218 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently stayed here for 5 nights and it was a good place to stay. It is about a 15 minute walk from Universal Studios down a pretty quiet street (Major Blvd) and about 20 kms from Orlando airport. I had absolutely no bad experiences in this hotel; the rooms were clean, the staff is very friendly (even in the wee-hours of the night), and were able to answer all my easy tourist questions. The continental breakfast was ok, nothing spectacular - the waffle maker was the best part...however, the breakfast is super busy as everyone seems to leave the hotel at the same time!

If you don't like walking, they have a free shuttle to Orlando, but it only goes at 8:30 am and returns to the hotel at 6:30 pm. They also have a shuttle to Seaworld and Disney, but it is more convenient if you drive yourself to these places; there is no savings by doing the shuttle (taking parking costs at these places into account). I would recommend this hotel as it is also pet friendly (if you travel with your pet) and because of the location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel was clean, very professional staff, prompt, courteous service. The breakfast food was very good, temperature true, very clean eating area. well maintained . Good location if visiting Universal Studios. This hotel is pet friendly. If you are not pet friends, make sure you ask to be away from any pet friendly room. Free shuttle to parks, swimming pool in good shape.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a good hotel, very close to Universal Studios, as well as to Millennia Mall and to the Premium Outlets at International Drive. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were what we expected at a la Quint inn and Suites.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We spent some days in Orlando and we were staying at this hotel, because it is very near to the Universal studios, it has a good price, and the hotel service was very good, including the breakfast that it is very complete, and the hospitality. The LQ hotes are a good option for that price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This is a older hotel but it is remodeled and extremely clean. I would definitely recommend. The only issue is the carpet in the room is dated and worn. However for the price and location , it's great. There are Starbucks and other places to eat close by. This hotel is also a ten min. drive to Millennia Mall. It would be perfect if it had a gym!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mamacitax4
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Arrived on a Sunday and departed on a Wednesday 05/2014. I stayed here because I was looking for a dog friendly hotel relatively close to Disney and I thought La Quintas were a pretty reliable chain- I was wrong! I booked a "suite", it's ridiculous that they even call it a suite at this location, the room is the same size as the regular double bed rooms and they just put the beds closer together and squish a foldout couch in there. Upon checking in I asked if the room was updated and if I had a good room- I was told I had a suite and that they were the best rooms in the hotel. I got up there and I had a couch with a huge rip in it (at least 4 inches across right on the front), the couch was broken (it literally wobbled like it was about to fall apart), and when I went to the corner to put my dog bed down there was exposed concrete, the carpet didn’t even reach the wall! The carpet was old and looked gross. I went down and asked to be switched to another room, so they put me in the “suite” on the second floor, which was slightly better but was still pretty dark and dingy. On the afternoon of our third and final night, I found out that many of the other non-suite rooms had wood flooring, which not only makes the room look a lot better but is also cleaner and more sanitary for a dog friendly hotel. Needless to say I felt pretty duped at paying the highest rate in the hotel to stay in the worst rooms. It was pretty deceptive of the front desk staff to tell me I had the best room when I obviously had the worst. Aside from my specific rooms, all the carpets in the hallways could use a good shampooing. There’s a dust line that goes all along the wall where it meets with the floor (maybe they don’t own vacuums that are equipped to clean edges?). On the second or third afternoon of our stay the elevators broke and somehow the front desk staff thought that they only needed to put a sign on the 1st floor, which meant that if you’re on one of the other floors you might find yourself waiting and waiting for an elevator that was never coming (which happened to my mom and sister). In all fairness, we went out for a few hours that night and by the time we got back the elevators were fixed, so at least they fixed them quickly. The pool area does not have a privacy fence, but it was clean and well kept. The breakfast was decent for what you’re paying to stay here. They are an affiliate of Universal, so they had a free shuttle to and from. I asked about a local dog park and area information a few times and they answered my questions. When I checked out I had the pleasure of having to wait while the front desk person had a personal conversation on her cell phone. Once she finished (trust me, she was in no hurry on my account) she asked me how my stay was, I responded that it was “disappointing” and she just sort of sized me up or glared at me and then handed me my receipt. Why even ask? Even if you’re on a budget, there are plenty of other places to stay in Orlando. Drury is a great dog friendly hotel, forget about this one. I give this hotel 2 stars only because I know that there a motels out there that literally have roaches and crap all over, but this one is just barely a step above.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights may 11-13. Room was across from laundry where maids filled there carts. Room was moldy smelling and was nothing like the lasr laquinta we stayed at. I understand this was a pet friendly room but it shouldnt smell like a wet dog.

• Stayed: May 2014