“Visiting University of Central Florida...UCF? Stay Here”

Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area
Ranked #196 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Cape Coral, Florida, USA
“Visiting University of Central Florida...UCF? Stay Here”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My daughter just graduated after 4 years at UCF and my wife and I have stayed here multiple times. Why? You know the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Very good suite sized room, good price, and acceptable breakfast included every morning. Also, a nice appetizer offering including draft beer and house wine Monday thru Thursday Nights. Great front desk staff and service. I will admit it's a bit far from the parks, but even with that you could do far worse if that is the reason for your visit. As far as convenience to UCF, you cannot do better! BTW....considering the rates and the food included, it could work for Dad, Mom, and 2 kids under 8 if you ARE going to the park(s). Remember, it IS a Marriott property, not a smaller group.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I am pleased to hear your recommendation of us and that your stays with us have been very good. I hope you enjoyed seeing the difference in our property with our completed renovation. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
orlando, florida
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is my second time staying at this property. Visited for week in September 2013 and now at the end of April 2014. Property has been renovated. very nice update with new finishes, carpet, furnishing, I wanted to give this property another attempt as I the location was convenient and no other extended stay (e.g., full kitchen) was available. The property is much better with the renovation. HOWEVER, the breakfast selections are still much below average for Residence Inn standards IMO. Canned fruit cocktail as the fruit selection for breakfast - really? The support staff was very nice but unhelpful when asked about the breakfast selections. I suppose this is simply another cost-cutting (e.g., cheapening) of the Marriott properties in terms of providing "amenities" while at the same time raising lodging prices.

Room Tip: chose a room on the north side of the hotel if you want to avoid the florida hot sun.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you have found our renovations to be a very nice improvement, but am sorry to hear that you feel our breakfast is below average.

We do offer fresh fruit daily with apples, bananas, and oranges. As part of the Residence Inn standard we also offer cut fresh fruit options of pineapple, honeydew, and cantaloupe. The sliced fruit selection does vary on a rotational calender to offer different items throughout the week.

I will be sure that our management team refreshes our support staff to ensure that they are providing accurate information, not only with breakfast but with other needs that may arise. Thank you for sharing your stay with us so that we can see where we are doing well and where we can improve.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in your hotel everytime I come up to Orlando at least once a week. Love the hotel everything is great. Love the renovations. But last few times I have had Raheem bishop from buffalo NY. Every question I threw at him he answered professionally. He is a very good person I can see him going very far in this business. Great all around guy. Look forward to seeing him next month.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I am pleased to hear that you love our property and our new renovations. I am especially pleased to hear that Raheem has positively impacted your stays with us and will be certain that he is aware of your comment. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future, thank you for taking the time to review our property as well as staff.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We really liked the hotel and our room. Nice kitchenette. Great bed! But we had to use the bath fan for white noise at night (lots of outside noises), and the new carpet fumes were pretty strong. This hotel seemed to be 30 minutes to anywhere, max. This will be an excellent place to stay once the renovations are done.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mdickson
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found us convenient to where you were visiting. We are excited for what our renovation will be offering and it is good to hear that others feel the same. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we hope to have you as our guest in the future when traveling to the East Orlando area!
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Love the hotel. Very nice staff. Raheem was always very friends. Very clean room. My daughter an her friend stayed with us so they slept on the pull our couch. Our room had a door to it so the extra privacy was nice. The free breakfast was good. Stay away from the eggs. They are like jello an it will take about 10 mins to toast a bagel but other than that it is a wonderful place to stay. Came to town to visit my daughter who goes to school here so when I'm back in town I will stay here again. The hotel is under renovations but you wouldn't know it. We had a brand new room which had a king size bed.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Brandie B
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new rooms and that you found our staff to be very nice. I will be sure to pass along to Raheem your kind words. We look forward to serving you again as our guest the next time you visit. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Barrington, New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have cause to stay at the Residence Inn Orlando East several times a year when traveling to the area on business. I've found the property to be neat, clean and conveniently located to the customer I visit, as well as numerous restaurant options. The staff is all very friendly and seem genuinely concerned about their guests' comfort. Of note is a particularly helpful and friendly employee by the name of Raheem. His courtesy and friendliness makes each stay a delight.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad to hear that your stay was nice, comfortable, and your service experience was pleasant. Additionally, thank you for taking the time to let us know which associate impacted your stay. I have ensured that management, as well Raheem, is aware of your review.

I hope that we continue to be your hotel of choice while visiting on business and that while staying with us that you have had the opportunity to utilize your guest discount available at several of the area restaurants! Until next time, I wish you safe travels!
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I prefer the old style Residence Inn's but they are an endangered species. This is the newer style multi-floor format. Not the best RI I've stayed at, room was very noisy with Air Conditioner, refrig. etc. The Breakfast was missing some of the usual RI components but was still more than adequate. If you are in the UCF area this is a good place to stay. I will do it again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
I am pleased to hear that you plan to stay with us again if you return to the UCF area and thank you for your recommendation of us. We are pleased to announce that our property will be undergoing a renovation soon and hope that you get to experience the changes that we are excited to be bringing our guests!