“Staff is good, but cleanliness ....”

Suburban Extended Stay South
Ranked #300 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Sao Paulo, SP
“Staff is good, but cleanliness ....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

The staff was very helpful. Received a package before my checkin.
But the room was very dirty. The entire hotel is dirt.
The bathroom was very dirt.
Smell isn't good.
Shame, because staff was very good.

Room Tip: Room are very small.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Gaspinha M
Rob P, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding our friendly associates. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations otherwise. We do encourage honest responses so that we can improve. Feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss specifics from your most recent stay. I promise you this feedback is used constructively with the associates in regular meetings. Both good and bad.

Rob Powell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We are from Florida and have stayed at plenty of hotels and resorts all over the world. I have never saw anything like this before. I will advise everyone that I know and . Don't to never book here. Its nasty you may get hepatitis. The Staff is rude and iggnorant on how to do business. There is a fee for coffee !!!!!You would be better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank TiyaGray12
Rob P, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Feel free to contact me directly so we may further discuss. I assume your problems were not reported as I nor our assistant manager did not hear from you while you were here.

Rob Powell

Dior Furman
Assistant General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Had a 9 week stay. Room was clean, staff is courteous. This is the cleanest and safest Extended stay on S. OBT in Orlando. and over the years have stayed at several for work and during transition.
If there are two things I would like to see improvement on. Clean the laundry room thoroughly and more often. Automatically change sheets on service day.
Otherwise very good. Lots of restaurants and stores close by a few within walking distance.

Room Tip: Second or third floor pool and office side.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. In our continuous efforts to improve your comments were passed along to our cleaning teams. We have also changed the cleaning schedules on our guest laundry. Thanks again for your honest feedback. We look forward to hosting you again if you find you are in the area again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I recently started attending classes at Universal Technical Institute in Orlando and I needed a place to stay while I went to school there. I saw their ad on CL and replied immediately. Their weekly student rates are unbeatable and are quite fair for the Orlando area - which is typically very expensive. The staff there are friendly and helpful, the place is kept clean and free of any shady characters. They are always doing whatever they can to make your stay with them as enjoyable as possible. I have been staying here for nearly 3 months and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Florida who plans to stay in the Orlando area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Rob P, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are very pleased we met your expectations. We have worked very hard during the process of renovations and updating our facility over the last 12 months. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We hope to serve again if your are ever in the area again.

Regards,

The staff and management
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Me & my son had moved to FL from UTAH not knowing where to stay & to be safe the Extended stay was clean had a little kitchen came in handy & had good cable channels & nice warm pool.. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel :) I highly recommend to stay at this hotel weather it's 1 night or longer they have great prices. the staff is great & friendly & great customer services..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Rob P, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We will certainly share your comments with the staff. We are very proud of our newly renovated rooms and happy you enjoyed yourself. We also just installed our new pool heater in advance of the cooler weather!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed for 7 weeks at this property and I had no problems whatsoever. The staff was great and very friendly. Anytime I needed anything, it was given to me right away. I read bad reviews before I went here but went anyway and I am glad I did. New management and they were making changes continuously. The location was good for everything you could want. OBT itself is horrible for traffic and arrests but I was not affected by it. The kitchen area was nice and big and I saved a lot of money by being able to cook. I would recommend this place to anyone because my experience was great! Paige and Ben at the front desk are the best! And to Jim the maintenance man, he was the best I have ever seen for being so prompt in fixing things. Good job to all of you at this property!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dktatter
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We will certainly recognize the associates you mentioned specifically.
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

cheap nightly rates and weekly rates ,room was pretty nice had a little kitchen full cable with HBO nice bathroom and shower good place to stay if you're ever in south orlando wasnt crowded with other guests like most places ive stayed at in the area

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Rob P, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay South, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We have worked very hard renovating and updating our facility over the last year. We are happy we have completed this project and you had the benefit of enjoying one of our brand new rooms. We hope that every guest that check into our hotel moving forward has the same experience you had.