“Hard To Review” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #141 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Hard To Review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

My family and I recently stayed in the 2 bedroom suite at this hotel during our trip to SeaWorld. My wife's parents also joined us on this trip so we had a total of 4 adults and 2 small children in this hotel room.

Room
The size of the room was adequate and we never felt cramped. Not huge though. The room was a bit dated with some upgrading. TVs were all very new and had great pics. The tables were all very dated along with all the kitchen appliances. Another annoyance was the fact that the living room only had a single 3 person couch for a two bedroom hotel room leaving everyone to use the dinning room table chairs as seats watching TV. There was a huge space in the corner begging for a comfy chair. Just made the room look cheaper as well. Beds were ok but nothing special. I'm not too picky when it comes to mattresses but the ones there were a little bouncy for my taste. Not bad though. It was nice having the whole kitchen but our refrigerator froze some of our liquids as mentioned in other reviews.

Overall Hotel
The lobby area looks very well kept and having the little convenience store, pizza hut express and grill is very handy. Breakfast is by far better than most you get at a hotel for free. They have a full buffet with a somewhat limited offering but still offering quite a bit considering it's free. They even changed the items offered from day to day. Also, they have milk, juice and coffee available. We were able to fill up sippy cups of milk to use at the parks all day. Saved us a trip to the grocery store here which usually sees us spend too much buying stuff we don't really need. Hotel pool was better than average and seemed clean while in it. Quick Queue tickets are included which are extremely nice as it gives you front of the line access once per main attraction at SeaWorld.

Transportation
The hotel offers a shuttle to SeaWorld, Disney and Universal. We only used the SeaWorld one so I can only speak of that one. It was a normal sized bus which was a pleasant surprise especially with us having to take a double stroller. Still we drove the second day as I just couldn't get around having to work around the schedule of the buses which have a few times but not enough for my liking. I would say the shuttle is definitely useable but I'd probably drive if I stayed here again or try to stay closer to where I could walk.

Overall
Overall I liked this hotel and all interactions with the staff was always a good experience. I would actually say this was a 3.5 hotel and almost would give it a 4 as I got a great rate as we were able to get a senior discount with my father-in-law coming with us but I suspect this rate probably isn't available very often so I kept my rating at a 3. The location is very close to SeaWorld but can't imagine walking the 1 mile walk even if I didn't have the small children. My suggestion would be that if you get a good rate stay here in a second but I'd look around otherwise.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank plethera1
Sharon P, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Plethera1,

I wanted to sincerely thank you for your detailed review of our hotel and your experience with us. We truly appreciate your business and are thankful you gave us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs during your time in Orlando. It is our highest priority to ensure that every single guest leaves our property with experiences that exceeded their expectations. Though you mention some great aspects, I wish we were able to completely satisfy your family’s needs. I am sorry to hear the arrangement in the suite did not adequately meet the needs of your family especially when it came to seating. I know how important it is to be able to get comfortable with your family after a long day at the theme parks. The free shuttles we offer are a great option for many guests and it allows convenience with frequent pick-ups and departures but some guests just prefer the flexibility having their own vehicle affords them. You mentioned that you didn’t believe such good rates were offered very often. A great benefit to staying at Marriott properties is that we guarantee our lowest rate. Our room rates fluctuate to remain competitive and offer the best possible value for the money spent.
I was happy to see you mentioned quite a few of the themes we pride ourselves on—delicious breakfast with many options, exceptional service, and clean, inviting amenities. We hope you’ll give us additional opportunities to accommodate your family. Thank you for being a part of our Trip Advisor community.

sharon.porter@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Family friendly lodging near Seaworld. Easy and quick connection to Universal Studios and Disney. Third time I stayed here, once on business twice for family vacation. Best for family travel, lots of tour buses with kids stay here, so it definitely is not a quiet hotel for relaxing, but great if you have your own children with you. Be ready for chaos at breakfast time (3 days in a row). Good food but you have to be lucky to get a table / chair to enjoy breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank BineQuilts
Greetings SabineB702,

We are so happy you have continued to choose the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld for your diverse lodging needs. It is great to hear that your family has enjoyed multiple trips with us! It is not uncommon for Orlando to accommodate a large influx of people during the Spring Break months but our many amenities offer opportunities for relaxation away from the chaos. I am sorry for the challenges you experienced with breakfast seating. The team is currently working on adding additional seating to ensure that our guests will be able to relax and enjoy the complimentary hot buffet even in the highest peaks of Spring Break. We hope to keep seeing you and your family and look forward to your next stay with us.

Best regards,

Whitstable, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn Orlando at the start of April for seven days. the room was clean and had a small kitchen which was fine for what we needed. The hotel was well situated for the parks with regular free transfers to the main parks. The location was excellent. The staff were friendly and the breakfast had a good variety. There is a pizza hut express on site too.

Not the most upmarket hotel but ideal for visiting Orlando with a family on an average budget.

Room Tip: Better on the opposite side from the motorway.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sharon P, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Good day Janus B!

We appreciate that you chose the Residence Inn Orlando at Seaworld for your family vacation. We are so excited to hear you were able to enjoy many of the amenities. It is wonderful to know they worked out perfectly for your family. Whether you're grabbing a balanced breakfast on your way to the parks or relaxing by the pool; we want you to feel at home and well taken care of. I can't wait to see you back in Orlando!

Best regards,

Brighton,England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Stayed for 5 nights after time in the Keys and prior to a cruise from Port Canaveral.
1st room we were given was at the front of the hotel and the noise from I4 was very noticeable,although the hotel was completely full front desk was changed our room the next day to a quieter one without any fuss.Having stayed here before we were familiar with the layout and once again impressed with the facilities and the overall cleanliness.A large school party arrived the next day which meant the breakfast and pool ares were very busy but the staff were very mindful of this and kept good order.Special mention to Aaron the general manager who leads by example and is a credit to the hotel.
Would defiantly recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: South side rooms are considerably quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Greetings Rickythegoat,

I am delighted that you continue to chose the Residence Inn Orlando at Seaworld when in the area. We truly value guests such as yourself who offer perspective and feedback that allow us insight into what makes us one of the top lodging destinations in Orlando. I apologize you experienced an excess of noise in your first suite but I am pleased to hear we were able to swiftly get you into a room that perfectly met your needs. Aaron will be thrilled to hear your kind comments. Thank you for being a part of our valued Trip Advisor community!

Warm regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights while visiting Disney & Universal parks. It is nicely located between Disney & Universal and right next to Seaworld. Easy on and off of the highway. They offer free shuttle service to the parks but we did not use. The hotel has not been updated (no granite vanities) and the carpets have some stains but nothing was dirty or smelly. The shower was clean, no mold or no mildew. Our one bedroom suite was a bit smaller than other Residence Inns we have stayed in but we were barely ever in the room. The breakfast was differant than the usual breakfast bar. They served fresh cooked scrambled eggs, grits, oatmeal, sausage patties and waffles or pancakes. They also offered fruit salad, plain yogurt & one flavored yogurt, granola, a selection of cold cereals, muffins & danishes, bagels and bread, coffee, tea, milk, juices or sodas. Not individually wrapped packages and you don't have to cook your own waffle. My complaint about breakfast is they serve ice water but not filtered ice water and I don't like the taste of Florida tap water, yuk. I did find a filtered water cooler in the exercise room so I just went there to fill up my water bottle. Pool and pool side was great for chilling out after a long day at the parks. Plenty of pool towels available poolside. Zero entry and little fountain spouts make it more than the usual rectangle. Several nights we picked up dinner on the way home and had dinner poolside while our daughter swam and played with the other children. Plenty of nice tables and chairs around the pool and enough lighting to enjoy a relaxing meal. Pool closed 11 pm. There was an onsite pizza place, grill and bar but we never tried. We did carry out from a nearby Bonefish Grill and Flippers pizza (both good). Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Veru family friendly location. If you are still reading this and may stay here a few recommendations for room selection, the hotel is right off the highway so if the highway noise will bother you ask for a room on the "interior" or in the wing away from the pool, the highway is near rooms ending in odd numbers 1 - 17 and evens 12. Part of the interior will be by the pool which may be noisy until 11 pm. There are interior facing rooms away from the pool if you will be sleeping before 11. I would avoid the first floor rooms between the elevators and the lobby because folks will be walking past your room to get to breakfast (1013 - 1025 & 1041 - 1052). The elevator is slowish so if waiting for the elevators will bother you choose a room on a lower floor so you can take the stairs. We got a great deal on our stay and we spent most of our time at the parks so I was very satisfied with our experience.

Room Tip: A few recommendations for room selection, the hotel is right off the highway so if the highway noise...
2 Thank Wagandsmile
Dear Wagandsmile,

Thank you for your detailed response of your time with us. We know you have hundreds of lodging options when coming to enjoy the area and we are so appreciative you chose the Residence Inn Orlando at Seaworld. Your experience is a great example of what we hope every guest gets out of visiting us--a great, clean space to relax with the family, tasty dining options for every meal, and exceptionally warm and friendly service. Also, thank you for your tips on room location. We are proud to offer many different views and room locations as each guest has diverse and unique requests when placing room preferences. We hope to see you at our property again very soon!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Just back for 14 night stay. Excellent hotel, wish we were still there! Had a 2 queen studio suite, plenty of room for 4 of us, clean kitchen and bathroom, well maintained throughout our stay. Pool area was excellent, new sunbeds and chairs and pool was regularly cleaned in the morning (we were lucky enough to have a pool view). Always plenty of towels to use by the pool. The shuttle to Seaworld/Aquatica was excellent, drivers were very helpful and really friendly. We walked to Seaworld a few times, only 15 mins away so not too bad. Good to have a CVS 5 minutes away, open 24 hours. We didn't get the Universal shuttle, it was only once a day. We found the I-Ride went close enough and we walked the rest - you can get the 8 am I-Ride and get to the park early (the driver told us where to get off). The Lynx bus stop at Seaworld took us to Downtown Disney and Florida Mall. So happy we researched this place before we left and it definitely lived up to our expectations. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Would love to return.

Room Tip: Quiet room on 6th floor, overlooking pool - excellent!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LD441
Sharon P, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Greetings LD441!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We wish you were still here also! It is this type of experience our staff works diligently to deliver to every guest. We are always thrilled to hear when guests take advantage of all the fantastic benefits and amenities our hotel has to offer. From the spotless rooms to our world class staff to the free shuttles, we are happy to serve families such as yours. We hope to see you at the Residence Inn Orlando at Seaworld again very soon. Thank you again.

Guests Service Liaison
Sharon.porter@marriott.com
Mount Prospect, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

In Orlando for a conference, was one of the hotel choices. Might have made a good family hotel but was really not designed for business. Lots of kids and families (was there in March) . Elevator locations are terrible - at the end of each hall and quite a walk. Quite a large breakfast selection. Decent pools, too many kids in the hot tub. Staff was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sharon P, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Krileykat,

Thank you so much for choosing the Residence Inn Orlando at Seaworld and taking the time to detail your experience. I am so pleased you commented on the world class service our staff delivers to every guest! As you mentioned, kids and families love our hotel but it is also a favorite of business travelers! Our complimentary wi-fi through out the property, various on site dining options, and spacious rooms equipped with working space allow guests traveling for business to not only be productive but enjoy the amenities of home. I apologize the elevator locations were a point of dissatisfaction for you as I know it could be bothersome making that walk after a long day of work. I truly hope you give us additional opportunities to serve your hotel needs!