“Great Hotel at a Great Price”

Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #140 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 13 September 2004

I just got back from visiting Orlando (inbetween hurricanes), and myself along with 3 other friends stayed at this hotel in a 2 bedroom and one living room suite. I was very impressed with the service, the breakfest, and the size of the rooms. The bathrooms were large and the sink/mirror were seperated from the shower/toilets which was very helpful. The only caution I would give is if you are not renting a car travel can be very expensive. The hotel provides a "shuttle" but it is actually just a bus that a group of hotels share. The last pickup in the morning was at 11:55AM (and we liked to sleep in) and then the drop off times were 6:45, 10:30 and 12am... So we ended up taking a taxi almost everywhere... To go to Universal it costs about $16 for a metered cab or $18 for a shuttle bus on way. Seaworld was between $6-$8. But disney was the most expensive at around $24.. Don't forget the standard tip is 20% so our 4 days of transportation added up quickly. A roundtrip shuttle to and from the airport was about $80 not including tip. My recommendation is to rent a car if you can, you will find it will be cheaper, especially because you won't be stuck in the theme park having to eat their way overpriced food. The other caution I have is to make your grocery list very specific or you may get something you didn't want. I asked for 12 chocolate chip cookies, when I should have asked for 12 bakery made chocolate chip cookies, because I ended up getting chipsahoy. And we also asked for Cheetos, and got cheesy puffs generic brand (should have asked for NAME BRAND cruchy cheetos). Otherthan that everything else was perfect. Room service did a great job and I can't complain a bit for an average cost of $175 a night with weekend stay... One last hint: I found that it was cheaper booking the hotel directly from the hotels website vs. going through Expedia, Hotels, etc. Hope this helps! And enjoy your stay...

8  Thank tpthaler

Reviewed 10 September 2004

While marooned in Orlando during Hurricane Frances, I stayed at the Residence Inn Orlando SeaWorld/International Center for 8 days. The front desk staff was friendly and extremely helpful (Jeremy, Angie & Monica, among others). They promptly addressed my various service requests, as well as any maintenance and housekeeping issues. My room was clean and spacious, and it was great having a kitchen where the smoke alarm didn’t go off every three minutes when preparing food. The property amenities were impressive. They went grocery shopping for you. They had grills where if you wanted, you could have your own barbeque. The pool were nice.
Jason, Rosario, Heath & Mimi at the poolside café and bar were great at keeping folks entertained while efficiently serving up food and beverages. Mimi, with her bubbly personality and attention to detail, should definitely get out of the kitchen and seriously consider a bigger role where she interfaces more with the hotel guests. She was very popular among the guests. I highly recommend this hotel, especially when they offer the special rates like their $74 Orlando Sun & Fun. Excellent Value.

5  Thank rnbfood
A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenixville, PA
Reviewed 7 September 2004

I decided to book the Residence Inn due to the reviews I read on this site. I was not disappointed! We stayed from Aug 28 - Sept 2, (We were supposed to stay until the 5th, but had to leave early due to Hurricane Frances ) The place is immaculate, but the most impressive part of the hotel is the staff. They couldn't do enough for you.
You can imagine how chaotic it could have been due to the uncertainty of the storm. The hotel gladly booked us for extra days in case we got stuck there, but I did get a flight out early and they didn't charge us for the room for the scheduled nights or extra nights, even though I booked it as non-refundable, to save money.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!
I know we'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 August 2004

We spent the last four days of our honeymoon here. We visited both Sea World and Discovery Cove. I don't think you could find a place more conveniently located for a visit to either. Both of us were speachless when we saw how beautiful this property was. The lobby is just unbelievable with the bird aviary, and the fish pond with a waterfall. You can sit in your room at night and hear the kookaburra in the aviary. The rooms are all very spaceous and exceptionally clean. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful to what ever we needed or asked. A visit to this resort will make your vacation unforgetable.

• Stayed: November 2003
7  Thank Blue Jackets Fan
Reviewed 18 August 2004

Great location! Spacious! We have a family of five and had plenty of room. The staff was friendly and helpful. We have stayed at other properties in Orlando that were run down and dirty. This property was spotless. The pool and surrounding area was wonderful. Breakfast was kind of a zoo, but it was not due to the staff! Guests were a tad rude and pushy.Great to come back and swim and relax after visiting the parks.

3  Thank flopseyWestChesterOH
A TripAdvisor Member
Rolling Meadows, IL (Chicago Suburbs)
Reviewed 10 August 2004

We stayed from 7/28/04 through 8/3/04. I have to say this was one of the best hotels I've stayed at for the price. The hotel itself was nice and the room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was great until you had a problem. We had issues with not getting a crib as requested. We got a pack-n-play, even though I verified when booking that it would be a crib, not a pack-n-play. The hotel provided a number for a rental service where we could rent a crib and offered us a reduction on our bill. However, what they offered was more than $20 less than what it would cost to rent a crib. I was also disappointed in the housekeeping. They provided bare minimum (rarely had extra toilet paper, no tissues and only 2 tiny trash cans for a 1 bedroom suite...we needed that much for the kitchen alone!). One day housekeeping didn't come and when we talked to staff in the early evening they didn't seem pleased with us for bringing it to their attention.
Overall though, the pool was great and very kid friendly. The common areas were clean and attractive. Parking was convenient. Elevators were busy, but it wasn't too bad. The complimentary hot breakfast buffet was extremely crowded, but we expected that from reading reviews here. I'd recommend this hotel to friends. I'd also stay here again, but I'd know what to expect the next time in terms of service.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 August 2004

Just recently stayed at the Residence Inn/Sea World. The stay was great. No problems checking in or with checking in a day early. Front Desk staff courteous and attentive.
Property was well maintained including the pool. Hotel has excellent work out room and laundry facilities (more than enough washers/dryers).
The breakfast buffet was not gourmet but had a large assortment of food to satisfy anyones taste and definately enough portions to satisfy anyones hunger plus when you are travelling with a large family, anywhere you can save money is greatly appreciated.
The rooms were excellent and included a small kitchenett.
The only complaint, my daughter stated the sofa bed mattress was too lumpy.
Otherwise, we greatly enjoyed our stay and plan on returning and staying here again.

4  Thank tac9108