“Kids loved it!!”

Ranked #148 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Piketon, Ohio
“Kids loved it!!”
Reviewed 24 October 2004

We were, and still are, in awe of this hotel! Never did we imagine how wonderful it would be for the little price we paid. The kids enjoyed the breakfast buffet daily, the sand volleyball court, and, of course, the pool. My four-year-old is still saying he wants to return to the hotel. The daily cleaning staff did an amazing job maintaining our room, and even did the dishes via the dishwasher! We took advantage of the provided gas grills and the Pizza Hut on premises to keep us out of the restaurants and so the kids could stay poolside. For the price you pay you get a suite, breakfast, and attention from staff that should be labeled as "priceless".

8 Thank jameylori

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 17 September 2004

This place was absolutely terrific! I booked based almost exclusively on TripAdvisor reviews and I wasn't disappointed in the least. The rooms were clean, the staff was super friendly, and the grounds were spotless. The pool was beautiful and heated sufficiently to make it a pleasure to swim in. The free buffet breakfast was good, and saved us money each day (so we could go spent it at the Disney parks!)

During the middle of our stay, August 7-15, Hurricane Charlie hit, and the hotel staff definitely demonstrated a great deal of grace under pressure. They handled an influx of evacuees from the coast and their current guests wonderfully. Even when the power went out, they made sure we had clean towels and garbage removal each day (although, understandably, they suspended other housekeeping services until the power was resumed.)

This is a first rate hotel and I would definitely stay there again. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2004
7 Thank Susieq98
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 September 2004

This was a great holet... unfortunately my husband and I arrived the day hurricaine Charlie hit Orlando (August 13, 2004). Anyway, we still had a great stay, the suites are clean and comfortable and very good service. We enjoyed the awesome pool for an afternoon and loved the atmosphere of the place.
The pizza hut there was great as well...
Great for families, couples or anyone who wants to stay in a suite!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Prior Lake, MN
Reviewed 13 September 2004

I just got back from visiting Orlando (inbetween hurricanes), and myself along with 3 other friends stayed at this hotel in a 2 bedroom and one living room suite. I was very impressed with the service, the breakfest, and the size of the rooms. The bathrooms were large and the sink/mirror were seperated from the shower/toilets which was very helpful. The only caution I would give is if you are not renting a car travel can be very expensive. The hotel provides a "shuttle" but it is actually just a bus that a group of hotels share. The last pickup in the morning was at 11:55AM (and we liked to sleep in) and then the drop off times were 6:45, 10:30 and 12am... So we ended up taking a taxi almost everywhere... To go to Universal it costs about $16 for a metered cab or $18 for a shuttle bus on way. Seaworld was between $6-$8. But disney was the most expensive at around $24.. Don't forget the standard tip is 20% so our 4 days of transportation added up quickly. A roundtrip shuttle to and from the airport was about $80 not including tip. My recommendation is to rent a car if you can, you will find it will be cheaper, especially because you won't be stuck in the theme park having to eat their way overpriced food. The other caution I have is to make your grocery list very specific or you may get something you didn't want. I asked for 12 chocolate chip cookies, when I should have asked for 12 bakery made chocolate chip cookies, because I ended up getting chipsahoy. And we also asked for Cheetos, and got cheesy puffs generic brand (should have asked for NAME BRAND cruchy cheetos). Otherthan that everything else was perfect. Room service did a great job and I can't complain a bit for an average cost of $175 a night with weekend stay... One last hint: I found that it was cheaper booking the hotel directly from the hotels website vs. going through Expedia, Hotels, etc. Hope this helps! And enjoy your stay...

8 Thank tpthaler
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 10 September 2004

While marooned in Orlando during Hurricane Frances, I stayed at the Residence Inn Orlando SeaWorld/International Center for 8 days. The front desk staff was friendly and extremely helpful (Jeremy, Angie & Monica, among others). They promptly addressed my various service requests, as well as any maintenance and housekeeping issues. My room was clean and spacious, and it was great having a kitchen where the smoke alarm didn’t go off every three minutes when preparing food. The property amenities were impressive. They went grocery shopping for you. They had grills where if you wanted, you could have your own barbeque. The pool were nice.
Jason, Rosario, Heath & Mimi at the poolside café and bar were great at keeping folks entertained while efficiently serving up food and beverages. Mimi, with her bubbly personality and attention to detail, should definitely get out of the kitchen and seriously consider a bigger role where she interfaces more with the hotel guests. She was very popular among the guests. I highly recommend this hotel, especially when they offer the special rates like their $74 Orlando Sun & Fun. Excellent Value.

5 Thank rnbfood
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 September 2004

I decided to book the Residence Inn due to the reviews I read on this site. I was not disappointed! We stayed from Aug 28 - Sept 2, (We were supposed to stay until the 5th, but had to leave early due to Hurricane Frances ) The place is immaculate, but the most impressive part of the hotel is the staff. They couldn't do enough for you.
You can imagine how chaotic it could have been due to the uncertainty of the storm. The hotel gladly booked us for extra days in case we got stuck there, but I did get a flight out early and they didn't charge us for the room for the scheduled nights or extra nights, even though I booked it as non-refundable, to save money.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!
I know we'll be back!

• Stayed August 2004
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
Reviewed 24 August 2004

We spent the last four days of our honeymoon here. We visited both Sea World and Discovery Cove. I don't think you could find a place more conveniently located for a visit to either. Both of us were speachless when we saw how beautiful this property was. The lobby is just unbelievable with the bird aviary, and the fish pond with a waterfall. You can sit in your room at night and hear the kookaburra in the aviary. The rooms are all very spaceous and exceptionally clean. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful to what ever we needed or asked. A visit to this resort will make your vacation unforgetable.

• Stayed November 2003