“Absolutely one of the best!”

Wyndham Cypress Palms
Ranked #160 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Absolutely one of the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the Wyndham Cypress Palms starting on 6 June... It was the last day of school and we came straight down from after picking our son up from school... We arrived an hour early and since the room was ready, there was no "you can't check in until 4:pm" like at some other resorts.

They run a first class operation here.. Of course, they will ask you if you would like to attend an "owners meeting" for a gift. Well, unlike a lot of other resorts, I told them "no" at the front desk.. We got a call the next morning. I said no one more time and we were done. Not pushy at all...

I would like to commend two individuals for making our stay wonderful. Jeannine was outstanding taking care of my requests and Sandra made our check in experience a wonderful on. These ladies are the benchmark of customer service.

I am a veteran who recently returned from overseas and this was my first vacation with my family in years... The staff made it wonderful.. I have already booked another vacation with Cypress Palms before the school years begins. I had my choice of almost any Gold Crown resort in Orlando (or any place else on the planet) and I chose to come back to this resort! They are minutes from the park and so convenient to everything in Orlando.

Did I mention that you get free internet with this resort. They give you two devices for free... We had our Laptop and our Tablet and that was more than enough..

The rooms were huge and very comfortable! Quality and service is the main theme of this Resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BigWash
Cypress Palms W, Manager at Wyndham Cypress Palms, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Greetings from Cypress Palms!

Thank you for your comments and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will make sure to let our staff know about your stay and that you will be coming back to see us!

We look forward to having you back and if you need anything, please do not hestitate to contact me.

Have a great day,
Elizabeth.Hebeler@wyn.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Finnish first
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We arrived at 10pm and the front desk clerk was very nice. The concierge on the other hand- she had to give us our parking permit- was more interested in selling us time shares. We finally got out of there and were off to our building. IF not for a fellow guest we would still be looking for our room as there are only a few elevators on the property- and little parking for number of rooms. He helped us get our bags to our room- no one else offered in spite of the many "golf carts" buzzing around the property- driven carelessly by employees. My hubby is 100% disabled VET- and they had no parking even close to our building. The concierge said she would call us on Sunday morning about a time share appointment even though I told her we owned several already- so I took phone off hook until we got up at 10am. As soon as I put phone on hook it rang- GUESS WHO!!!
The room was dingy- carpet needed cleaning- as well as furniture. LIMITED cookware- we bought a pan to use as none available for us to cook. The amenities were poor- two SMALL pools with children allowed to run wild- with NO parental supervision at all- we saw two sisters all week and NO parents with them- so they were everywhere they should not have been. Hot tubs were also utilized by children even though said no children under 16 without parents. One os SMALL pools was shut down over 24 hours due to "accident" in pool.
The ONLY redeeming factor was it is located behind Krispy Kreme store so our daily walk was beneficial to KK.
NO ONE from hotel contacted me even after I made complaint to our travel club- Armed Forces Travel Club- they contacted them. It is a lesson in travel- and we would NEVER go back here if ONLY hotel in Orlando area that had rooms!! We travel a lot each year- 11 countries and 9 states last year- so I do have many points of reference for good vs POOR accomodations.

Room Tip: No hints for this location as I would NOT recommend to anyone. Try someplace that is LESS interested...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alice A
Dear Alice,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay back in March. We have special ADA units that are reserved upon booking for our ADA guests. We want to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible at Cypress Palms. I do apologize about the experience that you had and if you would like to discuss further, please do not hestitate to contact me.

Have a good day,
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We are Wyndham owners so we used our points to trade in to this resort. The one bedroom deluxe suite has a nice, full kitchen and a king size bed. The room was clean and did not smell funny. The walk in shower was delightful. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. You only get 2 devices free on the wifi, and all others are $3/day so keep that in mind if you have a lot of technology. Bed was comfortable and the room's amenities all worked. I liked that the balconies were screened in to keep out bugs. It made the area much more pleasant to use.

I was, however, a little dismayed by the lack of security. There is no security gate that you have to pass through to enter the property and no guard on duty. We didn’t even see security making any kinds of rounds. That doesn’t mean that there weren’t any, it means that we didn’t SEE them. This bothered me because anyone could drive onto the grounds without having to pass through any kind of screening to make sure that person had a reason to be there.

There were also little things that we found lacking. The elevator was very slow. So was the Wi-Fi. The grounds and buildings needed spruced up. Dirt tracked into the elevator of Building 3 stayed there for days. It was finally cleaned up on the day before we checked out.

That isn’t to say that the place isn’t perfectly fine. For what we needed and wanted, it was excellent. It was quiet and restful. There were other guests, but we did not hear them, and they did not bother us. The pool and hot tub were very nice, and the spa temperature was perfect. We had no serious complaints about any of the resorts accommodations or amenities.

Wyndham Cypress Palms is a fine resort. I would stay here again if it was one of my options.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank isilwath
Cypress Palms W, Manager at Wyndham Cypress Palms, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Greetings from Cypress Palms! :)

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback. In regards to security, we do have 24 hour security here with set touch points on property for their rounds. Safety is our utmost prirority here at Cypress Palms and if you would like to discuss further, please do not hestitate to contact me.

Thank you again for your comments and hope to have you back soon!
Ajax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We just returned from a two week stay at this resort and have nothing but wonderful things to say about this place. I have to admit that I was feeling anxious prior to our arrival after reading some negative reviews, but it turns out we had absolutely nothing to be worried about and I honestly don't know what it takes to make people happy. We have stayed at various resorts within the Orlando area and we really enjoyed this hotel.
First of all, check in was quick and I found the staff be friendly and accommodating. They send you to a desk to pick up your parking pass, where the get the whole timeshare sell, but after politely telling the rep no thank you and that I was not interested in signing up for the 'free breakfast', she was respectful and did not push any further. I really appreciated this as I always absolutely dread the aggressive timeshare sell, and I was pleasantly surprised that I was not hounded any further during our stay.
We stayed in a renovated 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite and it was lovely. Very spacious, clean and modern. The full kitchen was well supplied. We had an issue with our fridge the second week, which started rattling and was no longer keeping our food very cool. We called the front desk about it in the morning and when we returned from Disney at the end of the day, the problem was fixed with no further issues. Cleaning service was only once a week but we were fine with that for the most part. We had plenty of towels and supplies to last us the week. I would have preferred the unit to be cleaned perhaps twice a week, as the floors can get a bit dirty after a few days of returning from pools and water parks etc., but it was manageable.
Our unit was in building 1 and close to the pool and activity centre. We never had any issues with noise late at night. There was also a nice little playground and BBQ's spread throughout the property. Yes, the pools and activity centre were a bit smaller when compared with other large resorts in the area, but this is not a massive resort and personally, I liked that this resort was smaller and quieter. We spent most of our time at the Disney parks and water parks anyways, but we had no issues with the pool when we were relaxing at the resort. We never found the pool to be overly crowded and really, kids enjoy swimming in any pool when they are on vacation. There was also a second pool on the property that seemed to be quieter. The activity centre had a little play area for smaller children and an area for older children to hang out and colour or play board games. There was also an arcade but we never used it.
We found the grounds to be lush and well maintained. We were often unable to get a close parking spot when we returned to the resort late at night from the parks, but the overflow parking lot was a short walk away and no big deal. We've stayed at huge resorts such as the Sheraton Vistana Villages and had to park and walk much further away from our unit at the end of the day compared to this resort.
Overall, I thought that was a lovely property and perfect for our family vacation. The accommodations were great and the staff were friendly and addressed any issues we had. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Stephanie L
Cypress Palms W, Manager at Wyndham Cypress Palms, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Greetings from Cypress Palms Stephanie!

Thank you very much for your comments and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here. We do hope that you and your family will come back and visit us soon!

Have a wonderful day,

Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I usually stay on closer to the parks thought I give Wyndham vacation resort a try .. WOW NICE !!! From the room to the grounds,pool etc all first rate and the staff at check in were just fantastic I highly recommend!! kudos to Wyndham and the staff at this location

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank mda1701
Greetings from Cypress Palms!

Thank you for your comment and for staying with us. We love that our resort is so close to the parks, yet tucked away with nature. We hope to host you and your family again in the future.

Have a great day,

Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks and it was wonderful. I am astonished that there are any negative reviews of this place. Our stay was excellent. Check-in was very easy but it did take about 15 minutes since we talked to several people about different things including a time share presentation. We did go to the sales presentation at Bonny Creek and it did take longer than expected but we did get a free week stay at any of their resorts so it was worth it. The time share sales people were a little aggressive but nothing over the top so it wasn't too big of a deal.

We had a 1 bedroom condo and it was beautiful. The kitchen was fabulous with nice cabinets, an island, and beautiful granite countertops. There was also a nice breakfast bar with barstools.There was a stackable washer and dryer off the kitchen which came in handy during our stay. The bathroom was a bit small but more than adequate with a toilet, sink with a vanity, and shower. The shower was a bit tight but it wasn't a big problem. The dressing area had a nice jacuzzi tub and huge vanity. The bedroom was a great size with a nice king size bed. There was a tv in the bedroom which was also nice so that we could relax and still watch tv before bed. The living area had a sofabed, 2 arm chairs, a tv with a DVD player, and a tv stand. The dinning are was small but fit a nice table and 4 chairs. The condo overall was spacious and plenty big enough for my husband and I. We actually joked around saying that we cold live there and be happy.

We stayed in building 1 on the 3rd floor so we were close to the pool, activity center, and gym. The activity center had activities every day but we did not participate in any of them. The activity center had games and books that you could rent out which was nice. There are 2 pools but we only went to the one by our building. The pool area was nice with a nice size pool, jacuzzi, and plenty of tables and chairs. The pool was crowded mostly during the day so we always went at night which was perfect for us since we wanted to do other things during the day anyways. There was also a grill right outside of the pool which guests could grill on. The staff would light it and clean up afterwards which was really nice. The gym had some nice equipment but we never utilized the facility.

The staff was great. Everyone we encountered on staff was very nice and professional. The staff was always willing to help with any of our concerns. We did have a problem with our dryer and we reported before we went out to breakfast and by the time we got back it was fixed.

My only complaints are that I did not find the mattress/pillows comfortable. The first 4 nights I did not sleep well and woke up every day with an achy back and neck. I went out and bought a pillow just like the pillows I have at home and used it instead of their pillows. I slept fine after that and did not have any more back and neck pain in the mornings. Also the location is nice but it would have been better if it was actually in Orlando and not Kissimmee. Parking was a bit difficult if you got back later in the evening since all the spots close to the building were taken so we had to park across the street in the other lot but it wasn't that far away.

I would recommend this resort to anyone visiting the Orlando area. If we come back to the area we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chickiebabie
Amy W, General Manager at Wyndham Cypress Palms, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for this great feedback. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Amy Walley
Amy.walley@wyn.com
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just returned this weekend from a three week stay at this resort. We had a lovely stay we were in block 13 in room 471 on the top floor, it overlooked the lake and we could also see the pool but far enough away so it was not at all noisy. I found my dealings with the Reception staff to be very helpful and most polite. We never had a problem with getting a sun bed. I enjoyed feeding the ducks and the fish and turtles in the lake. The resort is close enough to many restaurants that you can walk to, I would recommend Longhouse Steakhouse and Chillis we had nice meals in both establishments. The apartment was a refurbished room and had everything you would require , the only thing I would mention is that the items in the cupboards are very hard to get to, unless you are 6ft it did not cause me a problem as once I had the dishes down I just left them on the counter, it had nice granite tops and everything was in good condition. The cleaning staff made sure the apartment was cleaned once a week to a good standard.
I have only one negative and that is that the resort could do with putting up signs around the pool to say no smoking, as some people do not appear to understand this is a no smoking area and continue to smoke, and I do not feel that I should have to police this and cause an argument with someone on holiday, I had to move my sunbed on a couple of occasions rather than do this.
Security did approach people and tell them they could not smoke within this area but they are not there all the time.

I would without hesitation recommend and return to this resort

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ucxh20
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your unit and the pool. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Amy W
Amy.walley@wyn.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Blue Heron Beach Resort
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites
StaySky Suites I-Drive Orlando
Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

Been to Wyndham Cypress Palms? Share your experiences!