Grande Villas Resort
Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$157
US$410
US$386
US$267
Hotels.com
US$176
US$152
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$100
US$81
US$477
US$449
US$418
US$321
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$213
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$65
Cancelon
1,761 results
All reviewsmini golfturtle pooltime sharewinn dixiefull kitchencypress pointebedroom unitmini martwelcome packagewasher and dryerconvenience storepools and hot tubsseparate showertwin bedssales pitchliving areatimeshare presentation
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This resort was nice big and clean. Had a one bed room with full kitchen and bathroom with big tub. Large hot tub outside. Best AIR conditioning I have ever had in a resort. Overall very nice. Only downside the pillows sucked. Close to downtown Disney. About 4 minute drive.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ksigdub
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your review! We’re really pleased that your stay at Grande Villas was a generally enjoyable one, but we’re sorry to read your comment about the pillows – we encourage guests to let our front desk team know if they have any concerns about their accommodation, as we’ll do everything we can to assist.

We hope that this issue didn’t spoil an otherwise enjoyable vacation, and that you’ll choose to return here – we’d love to see you again!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Grande Villas Resort in Orlando from 11/01/13 to 11/03/13. At our check in they made an offer to watch a presentation and said that it would take 90 min and that we would receive $100 in cash plus 3 free days/2 nights stays at one of the resorts, to which we asked if the stay could be any day of the week or if there were restrictions and we were informed that there were NO restrictions. So we setup the presentation for the following day. As soon as we entered on the room we smelled a strong odor of mold. We asked to be transferred to another room, which they did promptly. On the second day of stay we saw a cockroach crawling at our clothes inside of the closet. After those 2 episodes we also were very disappointed with the timeshare presentation. As soon as we arrived for the presentation we needed to sign a paper where it stated that the presentation could last up 120 minutes, instead of the 90 minutes said on the day before. The presentation was unfortunate, and it did not show efficiently the benefits of joining the timeshare, instead gave us a lot of useless information. When they were done, we got our $100 as promised, however, when we tried to setup an account to use our ‘free stay’, we discover that the code provided by the hotel to us is invalid, that in order to proceed we need to call a number, pay $100 to make a reservation that we will only be entitle to use in 6 months from now and that we can only use it during the week. The resort used of misleading information to obtain the opportunity of making business with us. We are glad that we did not make any commitment, because it is obvious that it would be a big mistake.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank WR_Culture_Seeker
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We do regret that your first impression of the property was the smell in your room however, we are glad to have been given the opportunity to rectify this immediately. We would like to offer our apologies that you be disappointed in our accommodations. Our property maintains an aggressive pest-control program in order to protect against pest problems during the seasons where bug problems are imminent. We regret that you had such an experience; however, we hope that you notified our front desk staff so that they could take appropriate action. As we our primarily a Vacation Ownership property, an approximately 90 minute sales presentation to see if you are interested in purchasing ownership interest with Diamond Resorts is part of the check in process. However, this presentation is optional, and our guests do not have to attend this, provided it is not part of the requirements for their stay package. The terms and conditions of any gift item would be accompanied with it. We encourage you to contact us for assistance if you are having trouble using the item. Nevertheless, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our resort is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable. Your comments will help us serve you and all our Owners, members and guests better in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We just recently stayed here in October. We got a deal on Groupon and virtually paid like $70/night for 1 bedroom, with a pull-out couch, kitchen, and large bathroom.

There were 4 of us in this stay. The hotel was nice.
Parking was an issue, we arrived late an had to unload in front of our building then park all the way on the other side of the property, that was really the only issue.

Everything was clean. I bought my own comforter and sheets for the pull-out bed. The pull-out could have been a little more comfortable but we were so tired from traveling and spending the days at the Disney World Parks, it didn't make a difference. The hotel was located in an ideal area, very close to Downtown Disney.

For the rate we paid and the amount of time we spent in the room it was perfect for us. Next time I would definitely spend the extra cash and get the 2 bedroom, I heard better things about those accommodations. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

It is great news to read that you had such an activity filled, enjoyable stay! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit to the area and found our resort comfortable and conveniently located. We are pleased to know you may consider visiting us again in the future!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed in a remodeled 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit on the 5th floor of Unit 3 (Turtle Cay Building). After reading reviews I decided to call about a week before arrival and request a remodeled unit on the top floor, and was told it would not be guaranteed but would be noted,

Check in: There are maybe 2 spots to park in front of the building, which were taken so I parked in the general lot a short walk away. I was greeted pleasantly by a nice looking young lady at the door, and she pointed me to a small line at the counter and said someone will be with me shortly. I received my requested unit on the top floor, and was checked in within 10 minutes after entering the building...very nice! I was then ushered over to the concierge desk, where a gentleman in broken English was trying to get me to buy discount tickets, and this and that. Well, after travelling most of the day and running into a traffic jam on I-4 I wasn't in the mood to listen to this man, I told him I didn't want any of his "discount tickets", didn't want to hear about any timeshare spew, I just wanted to get to my room with my family! He gave me a courtesy smile and handed me a "welcome package" which included some coupons and maps, and I was on my way.

The Unit: We had a 2 bed/2bath unit, and it was very nicely decorated and clean. This unit seemed very large compared to my "home resort" of Vistana Resort. The couch did have a stain on the middle cushion, but I just flipped it over and that was the end of it. The 2 chairs in the living area were not very comfy, and could be replaced by a nice recliner. There were 2 small single beds in the small 2nd bedroom, but that was ok, as my 17 year old son had that room all to himself. Everything in the unit worked and it looks as though the ugly green carpet was already starting to show some wear. We were right by the Turtle Pool and very happy with our unit, and the patio overlooked the parking lot which at first we were disappointed, but then we found out that we could see and hear the fireworks at Magic Kingdom every night! Bonus!

The pools and activities: There are 2 pools inside the resort, the turtle pool and the whale pool, each has their own hot tub. There is a volcano pool a short walk outside of the resort to Cypress Pointe Resort, which owns Grande Villas. Both the whale pool and turtle pools are kept pretty warm and are heated. We liked these 2 pools better than the volcano pool as they seemed to be less busy. There is a 9 hole putt putt golf course, playground and activity center that separated the 2 pools. We did a few activities which my 6 year old daughter loved, there is a small fee for these but it was well worth it. They had a movie by the turtle pool one night too, and there is also a ping pong table there as well. My only complaint would be about the basketball court, which is poorly lit and way out of the way. We didn't use any of the amenities at Cypress Pointe besides the volcano pool and hot tub (which is the hottest of any). There was so much to do between the 2 resorts, we were very impressed. The little "party store" on complex has decent pizza with competitive prices and a small selection of beer, wine and food.

I would say overall we absolutely loved this place, it is a smaller resort and not as busy as many others I have stayed at (Vistana, Silver Lake Resort), and there were plenty of times we had the pool and hot tub all to ourselves! Can't beat that! We will definitely be back for another visit!

Room Tip: Request a top floor for great views!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank lionsfan1971
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

It is very reassuring to read that you were impressed with the quality of service and accommodation we offer - thank you for sharing your comments following your stay especially your kind words referring to our Team. We are glad that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay, although we regret to read that you feel our basketball court is poorly located, we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed in a three bedroom apartment and it was great. We had three bathrooms and a well equipped kitchen and it was cleaned once during the week we stayed which as enough as had a washing machine and dryer if you need to wash anything. The location at Lake Buena Vista is ideal as in between Disney and International Drive for access to Sea World and Universal and shops and restaurants within walking distance. Our only criticism is they charge for WIFI and charge per device and costs $20 per week per device so if you had multiple devices it would soon add up and not good when most places offer it free. The only other minor issue was the TV in the lounge did not work but beach bedroom had a TV so not a big issue. We would not hesitate to stay again as good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh