“So close to many parks and great place to rest afterwards.....”

Grande Villas Resort
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed 1 week on very few points. Unit was hot when we checked in…..tried turning on the air, but nothing. We noticed a switch up high on the wall that stated AIR/HEAT. That did the trick. Air was so quiet and comfortable. Balcony was all screened in.

One bedroom unit is very small for more than 2 people. The bathroom is through the master bedroom – so there would be no privacy if more than 2 people. TV in the small kitchen/living room was not that comfortable to watch/hear, the bigger screen TV in the bedroom was much more comfortable.

We were located right across from the front desk in building YELLOW (B). We asked for upper floor – so we got 5th floor. SUPER quiet. Front desk is so friendly with terrific concierge for tickets/directories/coupons. They have the same discounted park tickets as the ticket booths on the streets. They also have free coffee. They have a combined property with a short walk across the street at Cypress Pointe. So there are 3 pools, 3 hot tubs, tennis, basketball, shuffleboard, miniature golf and 2 playgrounds.

Walking distance to the main street Vineland. Winn Dixie food store is 2 blocks right on Vineland. Walgreens is across the street. So close to so many parks - Disney entrance is about 1 mile left on Vineland. (Disney is exits 65-67 and Vineland is exit 68 off HWY 4), SeaWorld is exit 72, Universal Studios is exit 75 and Kennedy Space Center is less than 1 hour away. Food market on site – but probably only for emergencies. Vineland has any store/restaurant/shopping you will need. Pick up coupon books – you will find discounts for most of the restaurants nearby.

We got free WiFi with our reservation, otherwise it is $4.99/day or 19.99/week. Worked just fine in the room all week.

Room Tip: Higher floors for quiet and better view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank masterofdaisy

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last week, overall a great place for a very reasonable price. The one bedroom is set up pretty funky, the kitchen-living room-dining room combo is ridiculously small but if you don't spend much time in your room it's not too much of an inconvenience. We requested a crib and they brought it up within five minutes of our call which was nice. It's pretty close to all of the parks and there's a little store and retaurant on site that is very handy. Don't expect fabulous food but in a pinch it was very handy. Pools are decent. It isn't my favorite place in Orlando but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mongilutz
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

We are happy to know that you had an overall pleasant stay; that our location, amenities and apartments proved acceptable and that you would consider visiting us again in the future! Until then we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I are owners with Diamond Resorts, and consequently we use their resort accommodation frequently, up to four or five times every year. We use this particular resort often, so we know it well and are used to good quality accommodation, well placed for the attractions of the Kissimmee area. On this visit, however, we were disappointed by our apartment, both in it position (Ground floor with a view of the back of the toilet block at the swimming pool and the air conditioning units) and the state of the carpets....there were two large holes in the dining room carpet! Had we taken friends or family with us we would have been embarrassed, and if it were not for the fact that my wife was ill during our stay we would have complained immediately. This is not what we have come to expext from Diamond Resort properties....and this one has been refurbished in recent years!!
We let our feelings be known on checkout, and have been promised a better experience when we next go there (Feb 2014).

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment on a higher floor with a pool view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RKH245
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

We are sorry to read that you were disappointed with the apartment you stayed in during your most recent visit to Grande Villas. We will be happy to look for alternative accommodation if our members and guests request this, and we really hope that this issue didn’t mar your stay here. We’re pleased to learn that you are planning to come back to the resort, though, and we feel sure that your next visit will be much more representative of our usual standards of excellence!

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

This resort was nice big and clean. Had a one bed room with full kitchen and bathroom with big tub. Large hot tub outside. Best AIR conditioning I have ever had in a resort. Overall very nice. Only downside the pillows sucked. Close to downtown Disney. About 4 minute drive.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ksigdub

Thank you for your review! We’re really pleased that your stay at Grande Villas was a generally enjoyable one, but we’re sorry to read your comment about the pillows – we encourage guests to let our front desk team know if they have any concerns about their accommodation, as we’ll do everything we can to assist.

We hope that this issue didn’t spoil an otherwise enjoyable vacation, and that you’ll choose to return here – we’d love to see you again!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Grande Villas Resort in Orlando from 11/01/13 to 11/03/13. At our check in they made an offer to watch a presentation and said that it would take 90 min and that we would receive $100 in cash plus 3 free days/2 nights stays at one of the resorts, to which we asked if the stay could be any day of the week or if there were restrictions and we were informed that there were NO restrictions. So we setup the presentation for the following day. As soon as we entered on the room we smelled a strong odor of mold. We asked to be transferred to another room, which they did promptly. On the second day of stay we saw a cockroach crawling at our clothes inside of the closet. After those 2 episodes we also were very disappointed with the timeshare presentation. As soon as we arrived for the presentation we needed to sign a paper where it stated that the presentation could last up 120 minutes, instead of the 90 minutes said on the day before. The presentation was unfortunate, and it did not show efficiently the benefits of joining the timeshare, instead gave us a lot of useless information. When they were done, we got our $100 as promised, however, when we tried to setup an account to use our ‘free stay’, we discover that the code provided by the hotel to us is invalid, that in order to proceed we need to call a number, pay $100 to make a reservation that we will only be entitle to use in 6 months from now and that we can only use it during the week. The resort used of misleading information to obtain the opportunity of making business with us. We are glad that we did not make any commitment, because it is obvious that it would be a big mistake.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank WR_Culture_Seeker
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We do regret that your first impression of the property was the smell in your room however, we are glad to have been given the opportunity to rectify this immediately. We would like to offer our apologies that you be disappointed in our accommodations. Our property maintains an aggressive pest-control program in order to protect against pest problems during the seasons where bug problems are imminent. We regret that you had such an experience; however, we hope that you notified our front desk staff so that they could take appropriate action. As we our primarily a Vacation Ownership property, an approximately 90 minute sales presentation to see if you are interested in purchasing ownership interest with Diamond Resorts is part of the check in process. However, this presentation is optional, and our guests do not have to attend this, provided it is not part of the requirements for their stay package. The terms and conditions of any gift item would be accompanied with it. We encourage you to contact us for assistance if you are having trouble using the item. Nevertheless, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our resort is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable. Your comments will help us serve you and all our Owners, members and guests better in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We just recently stayed here in October. We got a deal on Groupon and virtually paid like $70/night for 1 bedroom, with a pull-out couch, kitchen, and large bathroom.

There were 4 of us in this stay. The hotel was nice.
Parking was an issue, we arrived late an had to unload in front of our building then park all the way on the other side of the property, that was really the only issue.

Everything was clean. I bought my own comforter and sheets for the pull-out bed. The pull-out could have been a little more comfortable but we were so tired from traveling and spending the days at the Disney World Parks, it didn't make a difference. The hotel was located in an ideal area, very close to Downtown Disney.

For the rate we paid and the amount of time we spent in the room it was perfect for us. Next time I would definitely spend the extra cash and get the 2 bedroom, I heard better things about those accommodations. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

It is great news to read that you had such an activity filled, enjoyable stay! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit to the area and found our resort comfortable and conveniently located. We are pleased to know you may consider visiting us again in the future!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed in a remodeled 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit on the 5th floor of Unit 3 (Turtle Cay Building). After reading reviews I decided to call about a week before arrival and request a remodeled unit on the top floor, and was told it would not be guaranteed but would be noted,

Check in: There are maybe 2 spots to park in front of the building, which were taken so I parked in the general lot a short walk away. I was greeted pleasantly by a nice looking young lady at the door, and she pointed me to a small line at the counter and said someone will be with me shortly. I received my requested unit on the top floor, and was checked in within 10 minutes after entering the building...very nice! I was then ushered over to the concierge desk, where a gentleman in broken English was trying to get me to buy discount tickets, and this and that. Well, after travelling most of the day and running into a traffic jam on I-4 I wasn't in the mood to listen to this man, I told him I didn't want any of his "discount tickets", didn't want to hear about any timeshare spew, I just wanted to get to my room with my family! He gave me a courtesy smile and handed me a "welcome package" which included some coupons and maps, and I was on my way.

The Unit: We had a 2 bed/2bath unit, and it was very nicely decorated and clean. This unit seemed very large compared to my "home resort" of Vistana Resort. The couch did have a stain on the middle cushion, but I just flipped it over and that was the end of it. The 2 chairs in the living area were not very comfy, and could be replaced by a nice recliner. There were 2 small single beds in the small 2nd bedroom, but that was ok, as my 17 year old son had that room all to himself. Everything in the unit worked and it looks as though the ugly green carpet was already starting to show some wear. We were right by the Turtle Pool and very happy with our unit, and the patio overlooked the parking lot which at first we were disappointed, but then we found out that we could see and hear the fireworks at Magic Kingdom every night! Bonus!

The pools and activities: There are 2 pools inside the resort, the turtle pool and the whale pool, each has their own hot tub. There is a volcano pool a short walk outside of the resort to Cypress Pointe Resort, which owns Grande Villas. Both the whale pool and turtle pools are kept pretty warm and are heated. We liked these 2 pools better than the volcano pool as they seemed to be less busy. There is a 9 hole putt putt golf course, playground and activity center that separated the 2 pools. We did a few activities which my 6 year old daughter loved, there is a small fee for these but it was well worth it. They had a movie by the turtle pool one night too, and there is also a ping pong table there as well. My only complaint would be about the basketball court, which is poorly lit and way out of the way. We didn't use any of the amenities at Cypress Pointe besides the volcano pool and hot tub (which is the hottest of any). There was so much to do between the 2 resorts, we were very impressed. The little "party store" on complex has decent pizza with competitive prices and a small selection of beer, wine and food.

I would say overall we absolutely loved this place, it is a smaller resort and not as busy as many others I have stayed at (Vistana, Silver Lake Resort), and there were plenty of times we had the pool and hot tub all to ourselves! Can't beat that! We will definitely be back for another visit!

Room Tip: Request a top floor for great views!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank lionsfan1971
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

It is very reassuring to read that you were impressed with the quality of service and accommodation we offer - thank you for sharing your comments following your stay especially your kind words referring to our Team. We are glad that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay, although we regret to read that you feel our basketball court is poorly located, we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please visit us again soon!