“Definitely worth staying here”

Grande Villas Resort
Tampa, FL
“Definitely worth staying here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My friends and I decided to head up to Orlando for a day at EPCOT, and chose to spend the night in Orlando instead of making the drive home to Tampa. The other couple we were with had booked this hotel online after finding a good deal and off we went. I had a general idea of where it was before arriving to the hotel, but it ended up being a lot closer than I thought originally. It was still well within the reach of the touristy area, but it seemed just far enough off the beaten path to be really enjoyable. We booked a 2 room suite and it was extremely nice. There was a master bed and bath with a whirlpool and the other room had 2 twin sized beds. It's been years since I'd slept in a twin sized bed and it seemed very small but it wasn't that bad. The suite also featured a full sized kitchen, a screened in balcony, a dining room, living room and a washer and dryer. The only real complaint I had with the room is that the AC didn't cool the smaller room as well as it did the rest of the suite. The master bedroom and common areas were cold but it was still a sauna in the small bedroom. There is also an onsite one stop shop that doubled as a convenience store and a deli. My group was looking for something to eat for dinner but decided against eating at the hotel itself as the store had a peculiar odor to it that wasn't all that appealing. Connected to the store is a nice pool, and they even have a mini golf course. We would have really enjoyed staying at this hotel for more than a single night had our plans been different, but there's always next time!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jason C
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your review! We are really pleased that you chose to stay at Grande Villas, and that you spent an enjoyable night here. We’re sorry to read that you had some issues with the air-conditioning in your accommodation, though – we encourage guests to let us know if they have any concerns about their apartment while they’re staying with us, as we’ll be happy to assist. We really hope you will get the opportunity to come back here for a longer visit, to take advantage of everything that the resort had to offer, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Grande Villas Resort is a good value for the money. The room my husband and I stayed in appeared just like the photos online. Upon arriving we were pressured into attending a timeshare meeting. We continued to show disinterest and the representative continued to push us to schedule a time to go by offering us incentives. Finally, we were told in order to attend the timeshare presentation, we had to put $20 down to reserve our spot. They wanted cash or a credit card on the spot. We said no and still we got pushback. I am extremely irritated and disappointed by the harassment we felt upon checking in to the hotel to attend the timeshare.

Lastly, we were also interrupted on our first morning there by the fire alarm check. The maintenance crew and a contractor were setting off alarms for over an hour starting before 10am and had to come into our room to check our alarm.

Overall, I would not recommend the resort just for the harassment regarding timeshares upon checking in. Spend a little more money to save yourself the aggravation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank emim88
We are sorry to read that your stay at Grande Villas was marred by your experiences with our on-site sales team. While we do invite guests to learn more about vacation ownership while they are here, please be assured that this isn’t mandatory unless you are staying on a promotional break where attendance at a presentation is a condition of the booking. We don’t feel that high-pressure tactics to encourage guests to attend these presentations are necessary or appropriate, and we apologize for the frustration that this issue caused to you.

We would also like to apologize that your stay was disturbed by the checks to our fire alarm system. We make every effort to minimize disruption caused to our guests in situations of this nature, and we are sorry for the disturbance this caused to your first morning here.

We hope that your stay here was an otherwise comfortable and enjoyable one, and that you will give Grande Villas another chance in the future. We feel sure that if you do return here, your experiences will exceed your expectations!
Suitland, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Was searching on various deal websites for a great and affordable accommodations during a short weekend trip to Orlando. I found the resort on Amazon Local as a sort of packaged deal. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to use my voucher and was booked a two bedroom room. When I got to my room, I was then amazed about not only the space but the grandness of the room. A full kitchen with dish washer, full refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave, blender, toaster, coffee maker, can opener, silverware. There was an island on the kitchen with chairs and a six place dining room table. The second bedroom and bathroom was very nice and spacious. There was a stacked washer/ dryer unit in the room even with laundry detergent. The living was nice and even better that it opened out to the small deck. The master bedroom was my favorite part with the king sized bed and the open lay out of the bathroom. The resort was nice and the three pools were great to relax depending on who you came with (friends, romantic, family with kids). Enjoyed that the resort was 5 minutes away from a shopping center with grocery store and restaurants. The resort was off of the main strip from Disney World and about 30 minutes away from the rest of Orlando's attractions and 45 from the airport.

Would love to go back again and take more people with me to experience how great the place was.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Reve' M
Vaughan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was travelling to Orlando to bring kids to the Disney world parks. As the park tickets are expensive enough I wanted a hotel that is close and would not cost me an arm and a leg.

Well, I read the very good feedback on Grande Villas Resort and the reality did not disappoint me - in fact, exceeded my expectations. I was travelling with my two children without my wife - so I was extra sensitive to any hassles.

We stayed for a week in one bedroom suite (C21-B) with a king size bed. Children could sleep on an unfolding sofa in the kitchen/living room. Very cozy layout of rooms, was enough space for us. Spacious bathroom. Everything was immaculate clean. No problems with noise whatsoever.

We had breakfast in our kitchen every morning. I could quickly prepare eggs (or spaghetti, or whatever else) bought downstairs in the convenience store (80 m walk from the room inside the hotel territory). This store has a very good selection of food and the stuff needed by tourists (like water toys for children etc.) Once we needed to visit a supermarket. It turned out to be only 500 m from the hotel on Lake St and S Apopka Vineland Rd intersection.

Highway entrance is 1-2 km from the place, 15 min drive to the parks.

One day we stayed out of the parks, so we visited the swimming pool (80 m walk). Kids loved it. Spacious, not crowded (3, max 5 people except us were there in a 30 m pool). We could throw small soft ball to each other without bothering others. The pool has small "bays" in the corners, only later I realized that it is made in form of a turtle. The big bay (the turtle's head) is a shallow area for babies. Looks like the hotel was built with love.

To my mind it is serviced with love, too. The impression is usually composed of small details. After the pool visit we came to our room and we bumped into the room service person who was cleaning the room. She was so genuinely apologizing even though it was our fault not to leave "do not disturb" sign. For wifi in the rooms I needed to pay $15 for a week upon arrival. This initially caused some sarcastic grin but looking back it is not really expensive and the quality of signal was excellent. Also, I was able to print the boarding passes easily in the reception where they have computers and a laser printer available free for all guests. And the cherry on top of the cake, when I left the hotel in the night for the airport, I forgot a battery charger. I called the hotel later from Canada and they arranged mailing it to me.

Thank you, the hotel staff! We had a pleasant time staying in your hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Denis K
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for this lovely review! We are delighted that the Grande Villas Resort exceeded your expectations, and that our team helped make your stay here a wonderful one. We really hope you’ll get the opportunity to return here in the future, and we look forward to being of service to you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with my short stay here 5/31. I chose it because it looked decent and was quite inexpensive. Better Than Decent However, The Suite Had A Full Kitchen, A jacuzzi tub, walk in shower and a big room. I wished my stay had been linger so I could use it all! The room and location were one I would have expected to pay much more for.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scheff61
We are delighted that you chose to stay at Grande Villas, and that your experiences here exceeded your expectations. We hope you’ll choose to return here for a longer visit, to take advantage of everything that the resort has to offer – we’d love to see you again!
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We almost didn't stay here because the price seemed too good to be true when compared to other places of the same size and amenities. The staff were great, the accommodations were top notch and it is the perfect distance from the parks. From a family that never stays in lesser known places we highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Chris H
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
We are delighted that you decided to give Grande Villas a chance, and that you had a great stay here! We strive to provide all our guests with amazing vacation experiences, and we are really pleased to read that our resort had everything you needed for a wonderful break. We hope you’ll choose to return for a longer visit, to take advantage of everything that the resort has to offer – we would love to see you again!
atlbch, fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I purchased this hotel room through Groupon because it was a great price and the location which is about 2 miles or so from Downtown Disney. My only complaint is the pictures they posted on the website are of all of the updated rooms. We did not get an updated room but it was very spacious and clean. We were in a 2 bedroom for 2 adults and 2 kids. It also had a decent size kitchen and living space. Perfect! The kids had their own space and so did we. The pools looked inviting but unfortunately we did not have time to swim.
I would def choose this hotel again as long as the price is right if your getting an outdated (though clean) room!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank terie55
diamondresorts, Manager at Grande Villas Resort, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We are really pleased that you chose to stay at Grande Villas, and that you had a great time here! We’re sorry that it wasn’t possible to allocate a refurbished apartment for you on this occasion, though: the resort has an ongoing program of refurbishment, and while we will make every effort to allocate a refurbished apartment if one is requested, until such time as the refurbishment program is completed, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that it will be possible for us to do so. We hope that this matter didn’t mar your stay here, and that you’ll get the opportunity to return here in the future!