Grande Villas Resort
Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$182
US$167
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$351
getaroom.com
US$680
TripAdvisor
1,726 results
All reviewsmini golfturtle pooltime sharewinn dixiefull kitchencypress pointebedroom unitmini martwelcome packagewasher and dryerconvenience storepools and hot tubsseparate showertwin bedssales pitchliving areatimeshare presentation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband, 3 daughters and I stayed in a 2-bedroom unit at Grande Villas mid-July for 3 nights. I wish we could have stayed longer because the resort was great. I read some reviews that had me slightly worried when I booked this stay through Groupon. However, I must say the room was very clean, spacious and A/C worked great! There were ceiling fans in both bedrooms and the living room. The pull out sleeper wasn't very comfortable, but I've never actually seen one that is. Master bathroom could have used some brighter light bulbs but that is the only negative my family found. We only stayed 3 nights but the kitchen (fully stocked with dishes, silverware, utensils, toaster, coffee maker, can opener) came in handy. The pools were regularly tested, and on our last day it stormed and they locked the pools which I personally found to be a perk because some people don't realize the dangers of swimming in a storm here in Florida. There is a store onsite with most things you would need, however we went up the road 2 blocks to the local grocery store (Winn-Dixie) for most items (as it was slightly cheaper). We took the kids to Disney one day and it was close enough that we left Magic Kingdom around 2 and went back to the room to cool off in the pool, returned to Magic Kingdom around 7 pm when it started "cooling" down (it's never cool in the Florida summer). The pools were open until 11 pm which was nice. There were activities through-out the day poolside. The putt-putt golf course was in pretty good shape, especially since some people don't control their young. But that is no fault of the resorts. We would definitely stay here again!
They will try to convince you to sit through their "Welcome meeting", as we are from the area we knew better, we kindly refused. We weren't in our room much during the day so I don't know how many times they actually tried calling, but we only answered the phone twice, and the second call was them letting us know we could have a later check out if we attended, again we refused and that was it. Tip for checking in, after you get your key and they map they tell you that you can pick up a "welcome packet with coupons" at the desk in the back of the reception area, that is where they try to get you to sign up, I made the mistake at check in of going over, I would recommend just take your room key and go on to your room. That is what I did at check out when they told me they had special offers for me, I just left. Most resorts in Orlando do this so I didn't contribute it to a negative of this resort in particular.

One last thing, cell service stinks. Not sure why but our families Verizon phones struggled to get service. My husband's work cell is AT&T and it had the same problem. We didn't mind so much because we were vacationing with our children and didn't really WANT to be on the phone much, however some people may have a different opinion about that. It wasn't just at the hotel either. That whole area struggled to get 4G service or even 3G. Since that is a carrier problem I didn't let that effect my review of the resort.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Danielle L
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, close to Disney entrance, local shops and restaurants. Really clean and spacious. We had a suite and found it far bigger than we needed. Laundry facilities in the room, full kitchen, dining area and living room. Friendly staff on call to help when we needed it. lovely pool area and mini golf. Would definitely return next time they have room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great resort just watch the welcome pack and the timeshare sales as you first check in. Its great if you want cheaper park tickets but be prepared for the 90 minute timeshare tour. You can always say no and get cheaper park tickets which helps when there is a family of four

other than that great hotel I would suggest hiring a car though

I only stayed for 1 week the only other issue is they don't clean the rooms on a daily service we never had the room cleaned for the whole week I believe they do if you stay on a 2 week visit

Also Request a modernised unit I had a 2 bedroomed the older rooms would not be good I believe they are quite clean

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
3  Thank GrahamMckenzie
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our 2 bedroom/2 bath unit was gorgeous. The on-site activities were plentiful. We were in the area because our granddaughter was participating in the AAU National tournament at that facitlity. This resort is close to ESPN Wide World of Sports. This is a very handy location to get to Disney complexes, too. We had 3 adults and 3 children. The accomodations were comfortable. We will definitely stay here again!

If we had one suggestion it would be to place more comfortable seating in the living area.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th Floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My family of 4 stayed here last month. I booked thru Hotwire, so we were assigned a 1-bedroom condo. It was really nice! But beware, it is small (for 4 of us). For a single adult or couple, it's perfect but if you are traveling with children definitely get a 2-bedroom! Trust me. Location is great! Maybe a 1/2 mile from an entrance to Disney World. There is a playground, activity center, multiple pools, and a mini convenience store located at the center of the resort. There are several activities scheduled throughout the day almost everyday, some free/some cost a small fee. Playground/pools were very nice, very clean. The store sells a nice variety of items, basic human necessities, snacks, drinks (basics water, sodas, beer, wine), along with so much more. There is also a deli/pizza place in the store. They also do free delivery! But the wait/deliver time can be outstanding so we weren't able to try out the food. What else?...The volcano pool people speak of, is located at the sister resort across the street but you are welcome to use it too (we didn't have a chance to). Our room was clean, no complaints there. But....traveler beware! This IS a timeshare property. However, having said that, they do not shove their property down your throat at every chance. Ultimately, I would happily stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2014