“Great hotel with HUGE rooms”

Grande Villas Resort
“Great hotel with HUGE rooms”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I travelled here from Australia and we were very surprised at how large the rooms were.

The gym was fine and the pools were great. Everything seemed clean and the staff friendly. The only downside is the hotel is a 20 minute drive outside of Disney and universal but still a great place to stay.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Before my trip I was worried about the size of the one bedroom suites. For our family of three, it was fine. We were spending all day at the parks anyway. Thus, we didn't hang out at the pool either. Can't say whether it was good or not. :).

Why do I rate the hotel highly? It was clean, had a full kitchen, was reasonably priced, and we had great experiences with the staff.

It is a timeshare place. If you are not okay with this, stay elsewhere. We have stayed at several before. Some odd things they all seem to share: weird layouts with huge bathrooms.

The biggest negative of the one bedroom at Grand Villas is that there is no air conditioning vent in the bedroom. You have to keep the door open between the rooms in order let the bedroom get some air circulation.

All in all, we cooked some great meals there, loved the location and would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Llamalady75
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I used a groupon to come to this hotel, and im so glad I did! I had a great visit. The service was friendly, the room was very clean, and it was very convenient to all the tourist attractions. I would definitely recommend staying here on your next visit, I know I will be!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kacimarie828
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Booked from hotels tonight and couldn't be happier, my wife an 2 kids had a blast! Slides by pool were a hit! Rooms were great, mini golf , lots of activities for kids, only downfall was 2 towels in room and called for more which took over an hour. Kitchens are fully furnished and it's perfect for a week long stay, recommend this place to everyone and I will be back!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Firedawg11
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a 2 bedroom condo for a week. Once I realized that we needed an extra night, I called and the staff was able to book the extra night while keeping us in the same condo. Awesome. The accomodations were beautiful, comfortable, and large enough for all 5 of us. All supplies were furnished right down to coffee and laundry detergent. The pools were wonderful. Even the pizza /salads were good. Highly recommend. So close to everything!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank cassemlee
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband, 3 daughters and I stayed in a 2-bedroom unit at Grande Villas mid-July for 3 nights. I wish we could have stayed longer because the resort was great. I read some reviews that had me slightly worried when I booked this stay through Groupon. However, I must say the room was very clean, spacious and A/C worked great! There were ceiling fans in both bedrooms and the living room. The pull out sleeper wasn't very comfortable, but I've never actually seen one that is. Master bathroom could have used some brighter light bulbs but that is the only negative my family found. We only stayed 3 nights but the kitchen (fully stocked with dishes, silverware, utensils, toaster, coffee maker, can opener) came in handy. The pools were regularly tested, and on our last day it stormed and they locked the pools which I personally found to be a perk because some people don't realize the dangers of swimming in a storm here in Florida. There is a store onsite with most things you would need, however we went up the road 2 blocks to the local grocery store (Winn-Dixie) for most items (as it was slightly cheaper). We took the kids to Disney one day and it was close enough that we left Magic Kingdom around 2 and went back to the room to cool off in the pool, returned to Magic Kingdom around 7 pm when it started "cooling" down (it's never cool in the Florida summer). The pools were open until 11 pm which was nice. There were activities through-out the day poolside. The putt-putt golf course was in pretty good shape, especially since some people don't control their young. But that is no fault of the resorts. We would definitely stay here again!
They will try to convince you to sit through their "Welcome meeting", as we are from the area we knew better, we kindly refused. We weren't in our room much during the day so I don't know how many times they actually tried calling, but we only answered the phone twice, and the second call was them letting us know we could have a later check out if we attended, again we refused and that was it. Tip for checking in, after you get your key and they map they tell you that you can pick up a "welcome packet with coupons" at the desk in the back of the reception area, that is where they try to get you to sign up, I made the mistake at check in of going over, I would recommend just take your room key and go on to your room. That is what I did at check out when they told me they had special offers for me, I just left. Most resorts in Orlando do this so I didn't contribute it to a negative of this resort in particular.

One last thing, cell service stinks. Not sure why but our families Verizon phones struggled to get service. My husband's work cell is AT&T and it had the same problem. We didn't mind so much because we were vacationing with our children and didn't really WANT to be on the phone much, however some people may have a different opinion about that. It wasn't just at the hotel either. That whole area struggled to get 4G service or even 3G. Since that is a carrier problem I didn't let that effect my review of the resort.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Danielle L
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, close to Disney entrance, local shops and restaurants. Really clean and spacious. We had a suite and found it far bigger than we needed. Laundry facilities in the room, full kitchen, dining area and living room. Friendly staff on call to help when we needed it. lovely pool area and mini golf. Would definitely return next time they have room.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends