“Great atmosphere - excellent food.”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #280 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have been to Joe's in Redondo, so we had some idea of what to expect.
It was very busy when we got there, but we were shown to the bar where we waited for our table. Great cocktails, the 'Shark bite' looked great, even down to the little tube of grenadine to pour into it. Good selection of beers.
Food was excellent, as we would have expected. Well cooked and very good portions. We went to Joe's on our last day, so it was a shame we could not go again during our stay. Although it is a 'Crab Shack' they have a very good range of meats and burgers. We were a party of 6 - our grown up children with their partners. The staff made it feel really 'buzzy' and a very entertaining and enjoyable evening.
Listen out for the music - all of a sudden a song comes on and all the staff get up and do a pre-arranged dance. Different dances to different tunes. Really made us smile.
As I am typing this, I am smiling at their antics again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Came here excited for some seafood. I had the crab cakes which were okay but the seasoning wasn't what I prefer. My husband enjoyed the red snapper. Kids' meals come with a choice of sides, including fruits and vegetables which is nice. Service was good, certainly attentive. Unfortunately, this place is LOUD. I asked the staff to turn down the music, which they did but I still had a very hard time hearing our dinner companions. Raucous, yes. Good for conversation, no.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Food was amazing and value was great. Lots of kids and tourist though. If your looking for a good time with friends might want to try them between the lunch and dinner rush other wise its crazy.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family has visited Joe's in Jacksonville, St. Petersburg, and even Tulsa, and the atmosphere was much better than the one in Orlando. The only item that makes this place feel like the a crab shack is the plastic shark hanging from the ceiling. As the prices climb, the ambiance declines.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very big portions. My family got their buckets but I'm allergic to crustaceans so I asked the server for a paella but replace all the shrimp with other things instead. Delicious for everyone. My older sister got a dessert but everyone else was too full.