Just back from the blue tree resort and for my family and requirements this hotel was perfect and for the price is more than what we expected.
perks of the hotel which is free and by free i mean things in previous hotels ive seen me paying for these services
Free great wifi
Free travel cots
Free local calls
Free ironing board and iron
Free to use safe
Free kids club
Free shuttle bus to parks and back again
This place is home from home the kitchen is stocked with every utensils imaginable tvs in all rooms with cable and dvd player in living room. Rooms are beautiful and very spacious with good supply of hot and cold water, shops can be reached on foot to win dixie and walgreens for a small food shop however if your eating in i would defo recommend a trip to walmart on turkey lake road a taxi cost about $20 but you save this in comparison.
Top tips for travel: hiring a car can work out costing you more as to park at any disney park is $17 per day. There is a shuttle bus from the hotel at 7:35am to magic Kingdom then another bus at 11:25am to hollywood studios and animal kingdom (same bus) where you can get off and get a disney bus to epcot or other disney parks. If none of the buses suit you then the next cheaper option is to catch a taxi to downtown disney at $10 then go to your chosen parks closest resort i.e magic kingdom is next to the contemporary resort from there is a 2min walk to magic kindom saving you traffic stress parking fees and gas costs. The guys at downtown disney are more than happy to tell you what bus to get.
If you want to hit the designer outlets which is cheap as chips then the premium outlet is your place not the lake buena vista factory stores which is more like a flee market. A taxi to premium outlet is about $12.
Staff at the hotel are amazing and a credit to the hotel always on hand to help out with a nice smile and a chat about the area where local shops are etc.
Watch out for:
Long distance calls as its $10 a minute!!
I think people whom are wheelchair bound may have problems due to lack of sloping pavement. Prams buggies wheelchairs and limited mobility it is essential you request a ground floor apartment as there are no elevators.
Towels get changed once a week however if this bothers you just give reception a call they'll send someone up with clean ones. Housekeeping is once a week however clean up at the back of you and this isnt a problem, if you need sheets changed for any reason give them a call and someone will come in and change them :)
Overall i woulf defo recommend this hotel to families.
Money saving: Remember to get your kids eat free cards before you go as sizzlers have a not bad buffet breakfast which is literally on your doorstep. Mcdonalds also accepts these cards as does santa fe cattle which is much further down the road and ci ci's pizza.
If you shop at walgreens or win dixie get a shopping card you save a fortune and the card is instant and free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SPM Blue Tree Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home with accommodations ranging from cozy one-bedrooms villas to spacious two-bedroom villas, all within minutes of Orlando’s world-class theme parks and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Tree Hotel Orlando
- Blue Tree Resort At Lake Buena Vista Orlando, Florida
- Blue Tree Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Blue Tree Resort