“A Hidden Gem”

La Cava del Tequila
Ranked #151 of 3,775 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Latin, Bar, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roseville, California
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I truthfully hate to give a review for La Cava, as it may draw more folks there, in turn making lines much longer than they are...but after my visit during the last weekend, I'm so blown away by the drinks, snacks and atmosphere I just had to say something.
We have frequented La Cava several times in the past, sometimes lucky enough to score a seat. Sometimes, we've had to stand at a table inside and during my March visit, had to take our absolutely delicious margarita to go, as there was no space at all inside!
Knowing the tastiness of the margarita's, I knew when the EPCOT After Hours event was announced, I HAD to get reservations for our June trip. I thought that we would just get to order margaritas, chips and the best guacamole, but upon arrival, I discovered a tequila tasting. We were given 3 samples of tequila for each person and even had a person, ours was Nikki, walk us through the manufacturing process and other highlights of each of the 3 tequilas. She was very knowledgeable, friendly and answered all of our questions. Once the testing was over, we were given 3 small samplers of yummies. I had a bite of each but truthfully was more interested in the chips, cheese dip and guacamole. I ordered the chips and accompaniments as well as a pomegranate margarita. I was not disappointed at all. I knew I wouldn't be. The husband got a new flavor that had not made its way onto the menu yet, at our waitress' recommendation (can't remember the name). I did have a drink and must say, this will be at the top of my list for my next visit.
We shared an avocado margarita (yes I typed that correctly, avocado) in a to go cup and it is one of our favorites and is always on the list to drink.
La Cava is always on our must-do list!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank lowgetter

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best margaritas I have ever had...but don't "MAKE" us watch fireworks.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Three weeks ago, EPCOT started an experience called Wine Down After Hours. After the Illuminations fireworks show at EPCOT four countries (Mexico, United Kingdom, Italy and Morocco). The experience is about $35 a person and includes a "flight" (sampling of alcohol) and appetizer trio. The different countries have different drink "flights". My mom and I did the tequila flight at La Cava del Tequila. This included three different tequilas, a mezcal and some vodka to cleanse the palate. As of June 1, 2014, the La Cava del Tequila Wind Down included an educational walk-thru on how tequila is made and how to drink/enjoy tequila. I have heard other experiences may not be as walk-thru. Our group had 20 people. After the Wine Down, you can order other appetizers and drinks from the menu. The margaritas in La Cava del Tequila are the best I have ever had. Being at the park with no one else there was absolutely amazing. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because we were not allowed to sit in La Cava del Tequila during the firework show, or at the other restaurant inside of Mexico. My mom and I would much rather have ordered some food, chilled and waited for Wind Down inside La Cava del Tequila, as opposed to having some nachos at quick-service place right outside.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank bunny_foofoo9
Chelsea, Alabama
“Great Margarita”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a must stop at place when in Epcot center. Try the jalapeno! They make margarita mixes unlike any I've ever had.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Brett W
Lorton, Virginia
“Refuge from the rain”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our first day in Disney was a weather disaster, not to mention that fast pass had crashed due to publicity relating to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!!! The valet absconded with our limited rain gear before we could retrieve it, but we carried on with the plan to metrorail to Epcot. The highlight of the day had to be the cozy little corner of La Cava. There were others filling the tables around us all in good spirits despite the bad weather and may have had more to do with the shots and margaritas. The varieties were tempting but we stuck to the plain and a couple of beers. We enjoyed the crispy warm chips and the salsa. We were never rushed and the service was attentive. A good place to escape the elements whether it is the heat or the wet!!! We enjoyed it and will return.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank jkj7
north carolina
“Hidden Away”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Tucked away as you walk into Mexico, it really feels like you are in a cave. There is incredible selection of Tequilas and margaritas. If you follow La Cava on Twitter, @cavadeltequila,
tell your waiter and you will get free chips and salsa or $5 tequila shots. The blood orange margarita was delicious.

Visited May 2014