“UCF Orlando Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #227 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
West Palm Beach, Florida
“UCF Orlando Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Over all the room was okay for the amount paid. Of course i used airline miles to book here. the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, but it could use updating. The microwave in my room did not work properly, meaning a few number buttons would not work..The number 3 was working well lol. Very roomy and nice COLD A/C.
The pool area is small but quiet....nice just to relax even if you dont swim.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank RichardofFlorida
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and found our pool to be relaxing. I am sorry to hear after your departure that there was trouble with the microwave. We appreciate feedback from our guests to correct issues to improve for future visits and I will alert our housekeeping staff to check microwave buttons while cleaning rooms for future guests to ensure all numbers work properly. We hope you consider us for future visits to the UCF Area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed here on business. Hotel and Room were generally ok however, there were areas of improvement needed. The appliances in the room were dated. Also, the shower curtain had some mold residue on it. The beds were clean and comfortable though and the people were very nice. I wish they had better breakfast options.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike_W_0771
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
While I am pleased to hear that you found our bedding to be clean and comfortable and our staff to be very nice, I am sorry to hear about the areas that detracted from your stay with us. I have passed your comment on to our housekeeping supervisor so that operational errors can be addressed and corrected. As for our breakfast, the brand at this time does not have plans to expand beyond the current "Grab-n-Go" style of prepackaged items, including cereal, bagels, fruit, and muffins.

I hope you had safe travels to your next destination and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us so that we can improve. I also hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again as our guest the next time you visit the area.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

It's an ok hotel if you're only staying a night or two. I stayed 3 nights on business because of its low cost and closeness to the business parks. There are lots of places to eat very close by this hotel. It was a clean hotel, had a free small grab n go breakfast daily. The bathroom and kitchen in my studio room were outdated, I didn't mind because I didn't use the kitchen but take note in case you're stay will be different.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank sue F
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad that you found our location and pricing to be convenient for your business needs and that our bathroom and kitchen styles did not detract too much from your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.
Johns Creek, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel in March with my husband while he was in the area on business. Booked a studio king and was pleasantly surprised that we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. Our room was clean when we checked in. We were on the end of the hall by the elevator. The breakfast was nice and met my needs. Nice area near the UCF campus. Front desk staff gave us easy directions to several eating establishments. The only two negatives we had were the queen mattress was a bit saggy and the barking dog in the room below us. I guess that's the breaks when you stay on a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lisa D
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
I am pleased to hear that you found your stay to be a nice one and that our staff was able to surprise you with an upgrade. I hope that the dog did not detract from your stay, as for the mattresses our mattresses were replaced by the end of 2013 with new pillow top mattresses. I apologize if these were found to be too soft during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I wish you safe travels to your future destinations!
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The Hotel is okay, the reason why i came here was to be at a half way point from here to Cape Canaveral to meet my parents from a cruise, when i pulled up i notice Hampton Inn to my left and i should of stay there. Upon arrival i didn't even no where the front desk was. Once u pull up it has that Value Place or Extended Stay look. Upon walking in I notice two guys speaking in spanish and i didn't know what was going on the clerk came out and checked me in. I didn't like how the computers were straight ahead from the check in desk, it seems like no privacy and it wasn't set up like other hotels where its more around the corner from the check in desk. The elevators were dirty, never seen wooden floors in a elevator that is so new to me, it seem like the elevator i was on was a service elevator and that the housekeeping and maintenance use the guest elevators. The room was okay the TV couldn't of been set up a different way maybe on the wall unstead of sitting on an nightstand and u can turn it towards the bed or the sofa. The appliances in the room is out dated but i am not going to go there. and the bathroom was okay, i seen a strain of hair on the floor but i was to tired to even tripped about it, I just took a towel and wipe it away. Overall the only thing this place has that was cool was a Racetrac gas station walking distance and a Steak and Shake across from the gas station to me that's a good location. But if anybody is looking at this place its not a staybridge or a homewood suites it seems like a place to stay if u coming to see your love one graduate from UCF just in and out. I wont be coming here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Whoadie
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The TownePlace Suites brand is designed to provide a simple, casual, no-frills experience. Part of this is our smaller lobby.

While our business center does have it's own room and is mainly designed for on the go printing, I am sorry that you felt your privacy was violated by it not being closed off fully. The way the rooms are designed, the stand setup was the best option.

Even though the televisions are bolted to the stands, they are designed so they can be turned to face the bed or sitting area and are not stuck in place.

I have passed your comment on to our housekeeping supervisor team so they are aware of the oversight in regards to the hair found in your bathroom. I am sorry to hear that you will not be using us again but thank you for sharing you experience with us so we can address your concerns and know what areas to improve on.
Pompano Beach
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We are Marriott Rewards members also have a Marriott rewards Visa so we always use this brand. We have never stayed at the Towne Place Suites before and will not again. We stayed at the property outside of UCF in Orlando. The Manager was never on site and the clerks are all students at the school. It is a pet friendly hotel, which we were not aware of. We have a dog so we are pet lovers. Having said that, we were booked into a room directly next door to a family with a dog. We heard barking at 7:30 am and in the evening we entered through the side to find a small dog turd on the floor by the welcome mat. We also noted it is a non-smoking hotel, however the hallway on our floor and the elevator reeked of cigarette smoke. When we contacted Marriott, they forwarded it to the franchisee who basically said, "Thank you for notifying us". I was disgusted and appalled.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask which areas pets and smoking are permitted.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Victoria G
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
I apologize for the experience you encountered and I assure you that it is not the norm.

Like Residence Inn, being an extended stay brand TownePlace Suites are pet-friendly properties. While pets are not restricted to certain floors, we do our best to ensure that our guests are not disturbed and when pet related issues are brought to our attention there are means set in place to allow the guest to correct the problem and if solutions are not found pets have been asked to be removed from the property due to disruption.

Being limited service our night staff is limited in the areas they encounter. With no evening cleaning service unless issues are brought to our attention, which our staff then corrects, I apologize for any oversights that are not caught until the morning service arrives.

As for smoking, being a non-smoking property we take smoking indoors very seriously and have fees, clearly stated throughout the hotel, which are then applied to accounts of those failing to abide by the policy. Unfortunately, when these policies are broken (and part of the reason behind them being set in place) it does take some time to correct the smell. We utilize a variety of odor neutralizing techniques which the time to combat depends on the strength of the issue.

We have managers on site daily during normal business hours but while the hours our management team is on site in the evening is limited, one of our associates are always available to assist with any issues you may encounter.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Its not in the perfect location for theme parks but if you are looking for a safe place to stay this is it. There are many places to eat nearby.
The kitchen is small but gets the job done, I wasnt a fan of the oven. For some reason everytime I tried to cook in it, it would create so much smoke.

The place itself was very clean and the staff was super nice and helpful.

The breakfast is disappointing with very limited options but I guess since you have a kitchen in your room its not a big deal.

The Internet was amazing! Its one of the fastest I have ever had in a hotel.
I was getting 9 mbps down and 5 upload.

I would definitely come back here and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SeizeLife
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I am pleased to hear that you had an amazing stay with us while vacationing in Orlando. I will be sure to pass you comment on to the staff so they see how your stay was and to also look into the smoking oven issues so we can correct this. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I hope you had safe return travels and that we have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future.