“Bob Jackson”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This piano player is a Disney Legacy and is worth staying at this resort just to see him. His family friendly shows are fantastic and he has more talent in his finer than I do in whole body Disney Must do

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I spent part of an evening at the River Roost Lounge after returning from Disney Hollywood Park for a beer and to listen to Yehaa Bob (or should I say be entertained by). The lounge was of decent size, but could've been even larger based on the number of people present past 10:00 at night. There is a bar with barstools as sell as small tables throughout. The bar was full when I got there so found an unoccupied table. There were a couple of waiters who wandered through the tables, but you had to flag one down if you wanted service.

The first waiter who came to my table seemed to be inconvenienced by having to serve me and would've preferred if he could've just picked up the previous guests ticket and left. At no time did he smile or say welcome or other greetings. The second one was more what you would expect from someone in the service industry, but you still had to flag him down at times. They had a small selection of beers on draft and others in bottles. There was also a full selection of mixed drinks and various wines available as well. The Abita Amber beer was pretty good and worth it. At $6.75 it was on the pricier side, but on par for Disney.

The highlight was Yehaa Bob. He performs throughout the evening and gets all of the audience involved in the act. While he wouldn't win any awards for his singing, its his ability to interact with the crowd that makes him entertaining and going back again to listen and watch his performance. It is one of the better acts that I have seen at a hotel, Disney and non-Disney alike. You can bring your kids along, however it is also an excellent way to spend an hour or so away from them as well. He has a small piano along the wall where the show is centered, but be prepared to run around the bar on an imaginary horse if he pulls you up to the stage!

I would recommend going to the River Roost Lounge for a drink particularly when Yehaa Bob is performing. Otherwise it is like any other lounge and nothing special.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We saw this show because of the 5-star reviews online and we are so glad that we did. Our party was five adults and four kids ranging from 8 months old to 10 years old, and every single one of us had an amazing time. Bob Jackson has been entertaining visitors at Disney World for 17 years. You will be jumping up to dance, sing, kickline to Sinatra and conga line dance with Bob and his quirky take on Disney and piano bar classics. The show is very family friendly and he encourages the little ones to come to the front and dance.

The show is free (but buying drinks is expected...no problem there). The show fills up super fast and they don't take reservations so grab a table early. There is a calendar of dates that he performs on his webpage: http://www.yehaabob.com/Home_Page.html.

Bob is what makes Disney a magical place...the chance to spend all day in the parks and then be entertained at night while the whole family is smiling despite a long, hot day. Don't miss this show!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I'm generally reluctant to post great things about my own town. We get 56 million visitors a year. Even if .000001 percent of these people read my reviews, I'm going to edge myself out of a table at my favorite places. However, TripAdvisor members have been very, very good to me, so I feel the need to pay it forward.

Apparently, people plan their vacations around the River Roost Lounge. Meaning, they forgo firework spectaculars, Cirque du Soleil acrobats and late-night rollercoaster rides, in order to go to see some guy named YeeHaw Bob play piano in the bar of a Disney hotel.

But I get it now.

Let me try to explain: It's got the vibe of a dueling piano/karaoke bar. It's wild and loud and you are screaming at the top of your lungs singing "American Pie"... and then you look over and a 2 year old in Nemo pajamas cutting the rug next to you. It's as much adult fun as you can have with your kids (I get by with the help of the Habanero Lime Margarita, by the way).

Even the sheer volume of the place is so non-Disney-hotel-lobby, with Bob egging you on to "scream as loud as you can". I'm pretty sure it's the only place on property where you are allowed to use an outside voice, inside.

The crowd is the kind of hogdgepodge only Disney can offer: European tourists, honeymooners, families, a few college kids, regulars, and, yes, even a group of nuns on a field trip from Tampa. So, as we high kicked and limbo'd, Sister Nancy was right along with us.

I have the kind of respect for Bob that can only be compared to what I feel when I watch an Olympian. "How does he do it?" It's full-contact piano from a man in a red hat and big shoes. He was a non-stop suspendered man of action. I was fascinated with how few breaths he took in the course of two hours...how well he played piano...how much he sweated...how little water he drank...how much the crowd loved him...how he seemed unaffected by the fact that his piano almost tipped over twice. Dude went through 3 mic windscreens in one-night's show. Can you match that, Justin Timberlake? YeeHaw Bob is just mesmerizing. I still can't figure out whether he was drunk or just playing the part. See that? He's mysterious in a way that I'm still thinking about him and his 3-ring binder labeled "Really hard songs."

You should go to this is you are down for some silliness. If you aren't willing to jump out of your seat on Bob's command and dance to the Spongebob theme song, then just stay home. I was a Disney tour guide years ago, and there is a particular category of non-fun theme-park-goer who crosses his arms, refuses to "take a look off to the left" when directed to, and doesn't laugh at the Disney approved corny jokes. If you are that guy, please don't take up the limited seating at this place.

This is ridiculous bang-for-the-buck when it comes to Disney entertainment. There's no admission fee or drink minimum, and technically, you could probably sit there all night without buying a thing. But on that note, can we all agree to play fair? This place has wait staff and bartenders who are making a living there, so it really does suck to look around and see people unloading coolers filled with sports drinks, yogurts and bags of pretzels. Please, just resign yourself to the fact that this will be money well spent on entertainment and put some drinks and appetizers on the old credit card. I say this for self-serving purposes, as well - the freeloaders are going to ruin it for everyone, once Disney realizes this is every bit as good as the dinner shows and start charging per head. Just be cool, is all I'm saying.

So, there you go. This one's a can't-miss in Orlando. And shhhh...don't tell anyone else.

3  Thank Deanne S
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I used to have a couple of late beers to unwind after a long day walking when the Mrs and son were resting in the room. I loved Bob and his songs on the piano, he really got the crowd into it but didn't bother you if you didn't want to sing and clap, he was great entertainment! The bar staff were very reserved for americans but really nice with good service. The snacks served in bar looked lovely as well.