“The Thrill of a Lifetime!”
Review of Exotic Driving Experience - CLOSED

Exotic Driving Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine driving the world’s fastest and most exotic high performance cars on a real racetrack…no traffic…no stoplights…no law enforcement…just your dreams, your adrenaline and the wide-open asphalt!Located at Walt Disney World® Speedway in Orlando, Florida, Exotic Driving Experience features supercars by Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Porsche, Nissan and Aston Martin.Exotic Driving Experience gives you the opportunity to get behind the wheel of these supercars and make your dreams a reality.
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Thrill of a Lifetime!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

In the best of all possible worlds, your fabulous girlfriend will treat you to this experience for your birthday just as mine did. If you're like me, approaching the exit ramp from your 50s and you have a need for speed, there is nothing quite like this...in my experience anyway. I'm a car and motorcycle fan and although I relish driving, I've never raced and the fastest I'd ever gone was right around 100mph. Today I drove a Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 (552 bhp) around the Walt Disney World Speedway track and 4 hours later I still can't get the smile off my face! Because I was caught behind much slower drivers a few times, my coach added 2 laps to my run so instead of 6 I got 8. Top speed for me was 122mph, which is amazing fun.
When my sweetheart gave me the gift at my birthday dinner (the paid reservation along with a framed photo of the car I'd be driving...yes, brilliant!), I was instantly excited as I thought it the perfect gift. Then as I thought more about it I began to get nervous...what if I screwed it up? What if I froze when it came time to give it the gas? And you really have to sign your life away with the release form. How would I know what to do? You get the idea. Well, I'm happy to report the worrying was all for naught because they've really thought through this business. You get a thorough briefing from a coach who uses plenty of well done videos and answers all the drivers' questions. The circuit is not a simple oval but rather a half oval and then a series of 4 "S" turns or chicanes to give the feeling of what road racing in these supercars would be like. So you really get all the thrills: high speeds on the straightaway, fierce braking coming off the straight into the chicanes, throwing the car around in the twisties, all of it. Oh, most importantly there is a driver coach sitting next to you the entire time. And mine (Gary Terry) was fantastic!Gary wanted me to go as fast as I safely could in the car. He coached, taught, encouraged, and looked out for me every moment and really made my experience what it was. Now, this ain't cheap but if you're into cars and have always wanted to know what it's like to be one of the less than 1% who get to drive this kind of car, it's probably the most economical way to do it. And WHAT A BLAST! There are multiple opportunities to spend more money and I opted for the photo of me in the car ($17.50) and the video ($80). I have already watched the video 3 times and can heartily recommend springing for it. Every time you watch it, you'll be back there behind the wheel, your heart racing just as it did then as you relive each moment. Do it mate; money well spent! So, I guess you could say I'm one satisfied guy.
Thank you Exotic Driving Experience and thank you sweetheart!

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Flavor_Fan2013

Farmington, Connecticut
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience.”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

My husband loved this. He commented on how he would never get a chance to drive these kinds of cars, ever. The instructors were exceptional and made the experience absolutely perfect.
The only reason I didn't give this experience 5 stars is because I gave this as a surprise 40th birthday gift to my husband and the company ruined the surprise. I gave them my billing address for my credit card. I specifically asked that nothing be sent to my home. Unfortunately, two weeks later my husband brought the mail in and asked why I had an envelope from Exotic Driving Experience. It was a $10 credit voucher for their merchandise. I was devastated. I just spent $1100 on a surprise for my husband and it was ruined with a $10 credit voucher. Thankfully he LOVED the experience but I was extremely disappointed.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank ART9099
Orlando, Florida, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Pretty much the only way you'll drive one - but goes FAST”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

When I say goes fast, 3 laps around that track at 80 MPH - goes FAST. Just when you think "Ok ... I think I've got this" its over. So you stand around for an hour and spend less than 10 minutes in the car and that's that. They supply with you a disc of photos so we didn't take extra pics figuring the guy had a professional camera and does this all day long - but take your own pics because those were awful. Really - the pics were horrible. You spend most of the time standing around (there are bleachers to sit in) waiting. When we got there there was no signage pointing us to the rear track so we wandered around for a bit trying to figure out were to go - I think we went on a Friday morning and Saturday is supposedly the really busy day - I can't imagine waiting around on a busy day :) It was fun, but probably not something people will repeat which is why they move around a lot from city to city.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dawn C
London, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“BRILLIANT DRIVING EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My family and I spent three weeks at Disneyworld and whilst there we did the Exotic Driving Experience. The cost was approx $370 which includes 40 minutes of tuition and six laps round the circuit in a Ferrari. The great thing about this driving experience over others is it is based on speed and your instructor actually encourages you to drive safely but as fast as you can.
At the end you are offered a great DVD of your drive at the cost of $100 and a photo plaque for $80, both a bit pricey but worth it.
Great experience, lots of fun and really good value.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank ren64
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was sooo much fun...despite the very long wait (Fast pass wasnt working!!) this was really a lot of fun to do and experience. we went with fam of four and ended up 2/2 in competition with each other....the last part of the ride was a fab unexpected suprise!

Visited August 2013