“Another Awesome Visit”

Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd
Ranked #150 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 3 weeks in June 2011, we must have stayed here around a dozen times.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed with extremely comfortable beds, fridge, microwave, flat screen TV etc.. The pool area is great for relaxing after a long day at the parks. A couple of night there was live entertainment around the pool / terrace area and this was a nice touch which you often don’t find at hotels in Orlando. We had room service a couple of times and no problems and it is reasonably priced as is the breakfast buffet in the Arcanjo restaurant.

In my opinion the location of the hotel is excellent, perfect for the parks (Universal, Sea World, Discovery Cove, Aquatica, Wet & Wild and Disney) along with shopping and all that I-Drive has to offer. (I would definitely recommend a visit to Discovery Cove, its was a fantastic day from start to finish)

Having previously stayed at a number of properties on International Driver we would not look further than the Crowne Plaza, it offers a great location at an excellent price point, with well equipped rooms, first class facilities and excellent levels of service from friendly staff.

I have no problem what so ever recommending this hotel and often do so to friends and family. (I'm already booked to return!)

Give it a try and you will not be disappointed.

3  Thank JR3079
daquintana, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Dear JR3079,

I understand that there are several lodging choices in Orlando, but I am happy that you continue to let us host your vacations.

Our goal is to deliver sincere and consistent service to all of our guests.

Given from your two other 5-star reviews of our hotel from past visits, I can tell that you continue to receive the same quality service and care each time-which is everything that we strive for.

Thank you for encouraging other guests to stay with us. I am confident that they will enjoy our hotel in the same manner that you have through your dozen stays.

We look forward to seeing you for a dozen (or more) stays!

Reviewed 30 June 2011

This hotel has it all and for $150 a night I cant complain. Flatscreens and the softest bed ive ever sat on.Its 2 minutes from Universal and about 15 minutes to be on Disney property and parked if you know your way around. If you have a few bucks to spend and want to treat yourself to a nice place to cool down after a long day in the Orlando attractions ...this is your place for sure.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sugarbear1281
stripoli, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2011

Dear Sugarbear1281,

Thank you for your recent review and I am happy that you had a great stay. You are correct, our beds get a lot of praise. So much so that people want to buy them. I am glad you found the location perfect for Universal and Disney.

We look forward to being your host once again when you come back to Orlando.

Thank you.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

We stayed there for three nights and it was a beautiful hotel. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. Nice size room with fridge and microwave.

I didn't get to eat at the restaurant but did buy coffee there a few times as we were leaving early for Universal.

I am a smoker and you could smoke in the courtyard which was a nice place to sit and enjoy a few quite moments in the evening and early morning.

The only thing that I didn't really care for is parking is at a premium and it seems that no one leaves so if you come back at 8 pm you have to park all the way in the back of the hotel.

We didn't use the pool but we had a nice view of it from the room and from the courtyard.

The next time I go back to Universal or Sea World I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

1  Thank dd50swfl

Dear dd50swfl,

Thanks for this positive review!

It is a shame you did join us for a dining experience. Perhaps during your next stay you will let us host your breakfast at Arcanjo's Bistro -for our very popular buffet.

I understand you had an issue with our parking. In very rare instances, the lot may become a bit crowded. Our parking lot is safe, secure, and well lit, and we also offer a 24 hour valet service for our guest's convenience.

I am happy to know that you did not let the small parking issue stop you from giving us a 5 star review.

Please e-mail myself the time you plan to stay with us. I would love to have you stay in the same room with the same great pool view you had during your past visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

I have just returned from the crowne plaza yesterday i stayed there 16 nights we were there to visit disney and universal studios i cant say enough good things about this hotel the staff are wonderful so helpful and always friendly everyone one of them will go out of there way to help you we got a few taxi during our stay and we never waited more than five minutes there was always someone there to help us. before we arrived i emailed the manager scott tripoli asking if we could rent a fridge as we were staying a long time and really needed a fridge he replied saying our requests would be taken care of but when we arrived we were upgraded to an amazing room big bathroom huge comfy bed sofa area desk area flat screen television, fridge and coffee making area we were really delighted also i stated it was our anniversary during our stay and waithing in our room was a cheese and fruit platter with a lovely card which was a reall nice touch. the room was always cleaned every day clean towels everyday the hotel was always spotless. there is a gift shop downstairs which is really handy. as for the location you really couldnt get a better location its near a good few restaurants and a 7 11 but the food in the hotel is also very good and not that expensive. its about 20 minutes to disney there is a free shutlle to and from epcot which is really good also there is free shuttle to universal everyday which is really close to the hotel so if you wanted to go to citywalk it only costs ten dollors to get there. I really cant say enough great things about this hotel i will definitly be staying here again in the future and would reccommend this hotel to anyone you really wont be disappointed. if you have any questions please email me

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kellie86waterford
daquintana, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Dear kellie86waterford,

Thank you for letting us host your extended holiday and anniversary. It is truly great when a guest has a positive experience with many facets of our hotel. I am glad you avoided theme park parking fees by using our free shuttle- which runs to all of the major theme parks.

We strive to ensure that all of our guests have the same great experience you enjoyed during your stay with us. Please e-mail myself or Scott the next time you are staying with us. I would love to continue to exceed any pre-arrival requests that you may have.

Sincerely

Reviewed 22 June 2011

High praise from an expat who lives in hotels approximately 1/2 of every year. Lisandra at the front desk had me smiling and laughing within minutes of my arrival. Common areas and rooms are clean and well kept. If you are going to do any tourista things, make sure you talk to Ivan at the concierge. An extremely helpful fellow who has discounts for just about everything you may want to do. To the General Manager - you run a good ship, kudos.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jfkpaint

Dear jfkpaint,

Thank you for your recent stay and wonderful review. Knowing that you travel as much as you do makes your review even more special to us. I am glad you had a great stay. Lisandra does an excellent job and I will ensure she is well aware of your comments. I will also pass on your praise to Ivan. I am glad that both of these associates were able to make a difference with your stay.

Thank you for the compliment as well. Much appreciated!!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights 10th-13th June before heading to the gulf coast.
Prior to our stay I emailed the manager to make a couple if requests, excellent quick communication and advice prior to stay.
Staff on check in were very friendly & helpful. The room was lovely a big king bed, sofa, refrigerator and microwave in room. We had a great view of the pool and surrounding area from the 12th floor.
Being gold priority club members we had access to the club lounge which was very convenient for breakfast.
The pool area was excellent as was the small but functional gym.
The hotel us in easy walking distance of I-drive, we used taxi to get to city walk and mall of millenia and a car to access the Florida Mall and supermarkets.
It wad my birthday whilst we were at the hotel and the staff even brought me a birthday cake and card. All in all an excellent stay!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank aeh101

Dear aeh101,

Thank you for staying with us as a Priority Club Member!

At the Crowne Plaza Orlando-Universal, we love to create memories for all of our guests, especially for special occasions- such as your birthday. It gives me great pleasure to know that not only were you happy with our property and it's close proximity to everything Orlando has to offer, but that you loved our service and attention to detail.

I hope you come back and see us for many future birthdays- I would love to continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

If you forget something in your room the staff will take it ... but not to lost and found!! We forgot a brandnew pair of ugg boots. Two hours after check-out, we realized that we left the boots in our room. We returned to the hotel but the boots were gone. We were told that there were no boots. The manager told us that this is not the hotels resposiblility and therefore, not their problem! I would never stay at this hotel again. Customer service does not appear in their vocabulary. The hotel is responsible for their staff and should live up to it!!!

5  Thank BelladonnaUSA
stripoli, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

Dear BelladonnaUSA,

First, allow me to apologize that your boots have been lost. I am very concerned with your comments. I will follow up immediately with my staff and find out if they recovered them after the fact. As a hotel General Manager, I stand behind my staff 100% as it relates to lost and found items being turned in. Every year we have thousands of items recovered and returned to our guests. Some are worth pennies, others are worth a substantial amount and include cash, electronics and Jewelry. I am confident your boots were not taken by any member of my staff, however I would love to speak to you more about this and see if there is anything I can do to make this situation better. While we are not responsible for guest items left behind, we have made many guests very happy in finding their items as well as we have looked for items guests claim to have left behind and then received call later that they ended up finding them. In either case, our committment to our guests in every way is 100%.

Please feel free to email me at stripoli@cporlando.com or call me at 407-781-2100 if you would like to discuss a resolution.

Thank you.