We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 3 weeks in June 2011, we must have stayed here around a dozen times.
The rooms are spacious and well appointed with extremely comfortable beds, fridge, microwave, flat screen TV etc.. The pool area is great for relaxing after a long day at the parks. A couple of night there was live entertainment around the pool / terrace area and this was a nice touch which you often don’t find at hotels in Orlando. We had room service a couple of times and no problems and it is reasonably priced as is the breakfast buffet in the Arcanjo restaurant.
In my opinion the location of the hotel is excellent, perfect for the parks (Universal, Sea World, Discovery Cove, Aquatica, Wet & Wild and Disney) along with shopping and all that I-Drive has to offer. (I would definitely recommend a visit to Discovery Cove, its was a fantastic day from start to finish)
Having previously stayed at a number of properties on International Driver we would not look further than the Crowne Plaza, it offers a great location at an excellent price point, with well equipped rooms, first class facilities and excellent levels of service from friendly staff.
I have no problem what so ever recommending this hotel and often do so to friends and family. (I'm already booked to return!)
Give it a try and you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the adventure capital of the world, enjoy the award winning service and experience of Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. Recently voted the top hotel in guest satisfaction among all Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, this Orlando, hotel is where relaxation meets adventure! The perfect blend of modern luxury and impeccable service with a premier setting soaring 15 stories over world renowned International Drive and offering views of popular local attractions and their fireworks or seasonal light shows. A masterpiece that blends Park Avenue elegance with the chic deco of South Beach. The hotel features complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the Universal Orlando Resort including Islands of Adventure, City Walk and Universal Studios, the Worlds of Discovery theme parks including Sea World of Orlando and water pakr, Aquatica, the Walt Disney World theme parks and Wet n Wild. The hotel is also a stop on the I Ride Trolley, serving Universal Boulevard and the International Drive areas for just dollars a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Universal Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd Florida