My wife and I wanted a place near Universal Studios for three nights in late April, ‘12, that was comfortable, quiet, and convenient. Since we don’t have kids we weren’t as concerned about family-friendly features as many visitors might be. We booked this as part of a Universal Studios package that included park tickets.
For us the Crowne Plaza was a very good choice. It is conveniently located not far from the park and from International Drive. There is a free scheduled shuttle to the park that serves a number of hotels but we opted to take a taxi (about $10 for a 10-min ride) because we could choose our time and avoid the hassle of signing up in advance. Also, we wanted to take advantage of the early admission our package offered and that was difficult with the shuttle. The cost of taxis to and from the park was about the same as the parking fee at the park and much more convenient.
The hotel is an attractive high rise with a large lobby and sitting area looking out toward the pool area. There is a restaurant and bar but we did not use either. Free wi-fi is available in the lobby area but not the rooms. Our room was on the 10th floor and was very comfortable. It was entered from a balcony surrounding an enclosed atrium, so all rooms have views outward. The room was fair-sized and nicely decorated, with a built-in closet, mini-bar, comfortable double bed, and a sitting area by the large window with a reading chair and table. The bathroom was attractive but ready for some updating. There was a tub-shower combo and adequate counter space. The a.c. was quiet and effective.
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, particularly the front desk clerk who helped us get into our room a bit early, and the bellman who consulted with us about nearby restaurants and strategies for getting to the park.
All in all we liked the Crowne Plaza and recommend it, though it might be best suited for couples or for small families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the adventure capital of the world, enjoy the award winning service and experience of Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. Recently voted the top hotel in guest satisfaction among all Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, this Orlando, hotel is where relaxation meets adventure! The perfect blend of modern luxury and impeccable service with a premier setting soaring 15 stories over world renowned International Drive and offering views of popular local attractions and their fireworks or seasonal light shows. A masterpiece that blends Park Avenue elegance with the chic deco of South Beach. The hotel features complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the Universal Orlando Resort including Islands of Adventure, City Walk and Universal Studios, the Worlds of Discovery theme parks including Sea World of Orlando and water pakr, Aquatica, the Walt Disney World theme parks and Wet n Wild. The hotel is also a stop on the I Ride Trolley, serving Universal Boulevard and the International Drive areas for just dollars a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, IHG, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Universal Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal Florida