We stayed 3 nights for our Disney vacation and had a great stay. The junior suite was well-appointed with a nice view. We utilized the Executive Lounge each morning for breakfast (your standard continental fair: Bagels, yogurt, fruit, coffee, cereal, etc.) and free wifi. The concierge was prompt at scheduling shuttles or calling a cab. The shuttle service was definitely convenient for avoiding the $15/day parking fee at Disney (they have 2 AM drop off times and 2 PM pickup times, so if you can't work with that schedule, you'll have to find an alternative). Everything was clean and well appointed, so no complaints with the hotel. It was a considerable discount to the themed hotels on Disney property, which was great.
One thing to note: There is no free wifi in the rooms, which is why I'm giving it a 4-star rating. As we were there for vacation, it didn't really affect our stay, but if I were there on business (pretty much the only other reason I'm in Orlando) that would have been problematic. In this day and age, that kind of nickel and diming (it was like $7/day for 24 hour access in-room) is a little archaic. If I can go to the Mcdonald's up the road, buy a $1 coffee and use their wifi all day, at $80/night for a room, free wifi is not unreasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the adventure capital of the world, enjoy the award winning service and experience of Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. Recently voted the top hotel in guest satisfaction among all Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, this Orlando, hotel is where relaxation meets adventure! The perfect blend of modern luxury and impeccable service with a premier setting soaring 15 stories over world renowned International Drive and offering views of popular local attractions and their fireworks or seasonal light shows. A masterpiece that blends Park Avenue elegance with the chic deco of South Beach. The hotel features complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the Universal Orlando Resort including Islands of Adventure, City Walk and Universal Studios, the Worlds of Discovery theme parks including Sea World of Orlando and water pakr, Aquatica, the Walt Disney World theme parks and Wet n Wild. The hotel is also a stop on the I Ride Trolley, serving Universal Boulevard and the International Drive areas for just dollars a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Universal Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal Florida