“Great Hotel”

Ranked #143 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here last year for 2 weeks. Couldn't have asked for better. All staff were very helpful and went out of their way to ensure we had a great holiday. They gave us great directions when we were going out of town. Recommended wonderful places to eat.
Rooms very clean and decent size. Easy walk to Universal may need a taxi back afetr walking all day. Pool was lovely and we could always get a bed when we not at the parks. Security was very good at night we sometimes arrived back late at night and security were always visible. Great place to stay

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scotland192
Anthony L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for the very kind words. I'm happy that you found the hotel, the location, and the staff all there to meet or exceed your expectations. Please visit again soon. Your words are appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I spent a few days at The Crowne Plaza in Orlando for a conference and it was wonderful. The place was great, nice pool and pool bar. The staff was great especially Jayme and William who really took great care of us organizing our travel and dinner reservations. would highly recommend the Crowne Plaze, especially if you will be at the convention centre... five minute cab ride.

WZ

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wally z
AnthonyLazzara, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Your review is appreciated and I thank you for taking the time to mention William and Jayme. I am sure they will be appreciative of your praise. Realizing you were here for a convention I do hope you reserved a bit of time for relaxation as well. Please visit again soon for business or better yet when you have some pleasure time.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal for 7 nights with my elderly Mum (who was visiting me from the UK). We found the hotel clean, welcoming and conveniently located to restaurants and a short drive to the malls. There was a shuttle bus but I didn't use it to go anywhere. Driving hint: Universal Blvd is a great alternative to the busy International Drive and we found an excellent Publix with a take-away section less than a five minute drive on Universal Blvd (Ave?).

There are a lot of elevators, two of which are glass enclosed and add a little excitement to getting to your room, so we never had a long wait. The hotel is extremely quiet and it was nice to mingle with the international flight crews on their layover - it added to the classy feel of the hotel. The pool area is comfortable and well landscaped. I did not eat at their restaurant or go the bar but it always looked like everyone was having a great time. Parking was never a problem.

I highly recommend staying here and would certainly come back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank IanPIKYYZ
The ultimate compliment is reading that you want to come back. I am glad you enjoyed your seven day visit and the surroundings of the hotel. Please do visit again and I thank you for your comments.
southampton
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Myself and my family have just returned from our holiday in Orlando. We did not get on our return flight so had to stay in orlando for one more night. We were recommended to stay at the Crowne Plaza hotel. From check in to check out this was an excellent hotel. When we checked in the staff member Jayme was very helpful in arranging a late check out for us and an upgrade in room and making sure that we had everything that we needed. Out cases were taken to our room by Douglas who continued to be very helpful in arranging transport to the shopping mall and our return trip to the airport. The rates for the 1 night stay was very reasonable for the standard of hotel and room, which was very clean and spacious. The hotel pool and spa was open until midnight which the children enjoyed.
Overall if you are looking for a nice hotel located just off i drive near Universal with reasonable rates then the Crowne Plaza is the place. We only had a short stay but will remember it for the excellent service from the very helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank simon d
Your very kind comments are appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed your short visit with us and hope you can return again soon and spend more time with us. There is so much to enjoy in the immiedate area. I am thankful that you mentioned Jayme and Douglas and will be sure to let them know of your praise.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel, along the universal strip, is a high rise with a lovely pool, good breakfast, clean rooms, and exceptionally nice staff. However, it is FAR away from anything. 1 restaurant within walking distance. What saves this place is the friendliness of the people. The hotel was full of European vacationers having a good time but not overly loud. Also conventioneers. The price was not overly competitive but it had a restaurant. Having a mobility problem I was forced to eat there unless i wanted to taxi out of the hotel. Limited menu for sure, but again great wait staff.

Room Tip: pool view is more expensive but it depends on what you want--roadside was quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CascadeProf
Anthony L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. I am pleased that you found the hotel itself to your liking and especially appreciative of your fond mention of the friendly service from out team. I am sorry that you found our location not to your liking and apparently the reason for a 3 star review. There are many new restaurants within a block or two well within walking distance and serveral more under construction, soon to open. Our location, close to the Universal attractions and the Orange County Convention Center appeal to many visitors.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Everything about our experience was excellent! From the minute we walked through the door, we were greeted with friendly, professional staff. We arrived early, and the front desk employee accommodated us, upgrading us from a queen bed to a king bed in a room that was available. The room was clean and comfortable, the pool area was gorgeous, the staff was very attentive, and overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Karen O
Thank you for sharing and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. Most gratifying was that you found our associates to be friendly and helpful to you. That means a great deal to us in our efforts to be the hotel that guests love. I hope you can visit again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

When booking my stay, I was looking for an inexpensive hotel with a decent pool area and a bar, that was close to Universal. This hotel meets these expectations. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff was pleasant. The pool area isn't huge, but it's big enough and there is a pool bar. This is not a luxury resort, but I knew that when I booked. For the price (low $100s), I feel like this is a very good value. The Crowne Plaza fit my needs perfectly for a short stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephanie S
Anthony L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am happy that we were exactly what you were looking for. While we met your expectations, in all honesty, we strive for a much higher review from our guests. While we provide a clean and comfortable facility we really feel that the difference in our service delivery and friendliness of our staff. I hope you come back again and visit with us so we may get that 5th star review.