“Good value,clean and quiet”

Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd
Ranked #162 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here while he was on a business trip and I found it to be terrific. It was very up to date with nice furnishings and very clean. We has access to the premier business area on the top floor where they offered a very nice continental breakfast as well as wine, cheese, and cookies around the dinner hour. The staff was very accommodating and helpful and went out of their way to be friendly.
The pool was large with ample chairs and umbrella tables and close to a nice restaurant from which we ordered a poolside lunch.
It's very close to Universal as well as decent restaurants,markets, and an outlet mall.

Room Tip: Views from the upper floors are beautiful at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CandyB117
AnthonyLazzara, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

I appreciate your comments. I hope your husband had some time away from his business trip to enjoy some leisure time with you. Your tips are good ones. The executive level is very popular and many guests find a real value in the additional cost. Also, the views are quite spactacular from the high floors. Thank you for sharing.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,279)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We booked this hotel on Priceline and got a "great deal" compared to their regular rates. On their website it stated that they had a free shuttle to the parks. They do have this shuttle, however they fail to mention that it runs only a few times during the day--they said it was because October was their off season, but Universal was having their Halloween Horror Nights so you would think that the hotel's shuttle would be running but it wasn't. We used the shuttle once, the rest of the time we paid for cabs--beware the hotel has their drivers acting as cabs right out front but they overcharge, you are better off calling your own cab. Next time we will pay the extra money to stay at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Katelyn M

Thank you for your comments. I try to respond to reviews in a very timely basis to address our guests concerns and sorry that you waited until July to comment on your October visit with us. True that the shuttle runs are not continuous but most guests find the current schedule to be adequate. Increasing shuttles will only result in additional costs being passed on to our guests. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed for 7 days last week. Hotel is very nice, but beware of $9 plus tax per day to self park. Busy week and parking was hard to come by! Also no free breakfast and room service breakfast for 4 was $55 and just OK. Dinner room service after a long day at Universal took over an hour after we were told 25 minutes.Kids fell asleep before food came. Beds were comfortable and location was good for the area.

Room Tip: 4th floor facing pool was a nice view
1  Thank Crystal655

Thank you very much for sharing. I am glad your overall experience rated well. I am sorry that you were given an inadequate delivery time for your room service order. I will certainly address with our Food and Beverage Manager to prevent recurrence. Your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is very nice and well kept. The rooms are comfortable. The location from where the is located is within minutes from Universal Studios. I also has a gift shop and convenience of purchasing theme parks tickets under one roof.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
AnthonyLazzara, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

I appreciate your comments and thank you for sharing with our Tripadvisor readers. I hope you can visit Orlando again soon and that you once again choose our Crowne Plaza Universal. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is the second time that I stay at this property. The staff is friendly, courteous and willing to try to accommodate your needs. Charlotte was a dream to deal with and very delightful. The staff took a couple of pizzas and groceries off our hands as we were a bit overzealous in our purchases. The hotel offers free shuttle service to Universal and Disney, this was a plus. I only wished the return times would have been a little more optional.
The room was clean and spacious, we got fresh towels, and toiletries every day, our beds were made and the staff even put my sons little stuffed animals on them! The property is very close to a row of restaurants and convenience stores and a Whole Foods!!! The pool was warm, despite a couple of leaves and little frogs in it, it was a blast for my son. My family and I enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool give you a great night view.
1  Thank Originale P
AnthonyLazzara, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you fos much for your vey kind comments. I am glad that your family enjoyed the wonderful pool area and you loved the convenient location. I am sure our Trip Advisor readers will appreciate the tips you shared. I do appreciated your mention of the staff and specifically Charlotte. I will make sure she knows of your kind words. Please visit again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I can honestly say that if I have ever had a place that I would consider to be my hotel that I will continue to give my business it is this crown plaza in Orlando. They always have the best looking rooms. I did feel the last time I was there though it might be loosing some of its customer service qualities that I remembered from my first few times of staying there. But overall I want to keep them unless something else comes along better. No offence, but loyal is as customer service is...

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

I am so happy that you have adopted us as YOUR hotel in Orlando. I hope that your coming visits will impress you with the service levels that you have come to expect. Please reach out to me if you feel that there is any specific area that needs to be addressed. It is our goal to remain the Hotel that you Love. I appreciate your business and your loyalty.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

i stayed here in july 2014 on my second day coming from disney the room was not touched from the night before no cleaning no new towls.when i complained they said that they can not do nothing and they dont have employees.
i tried to get room service and they said they dont have employees.
on the next morning i tried to get one cappuchino and waited more than half an hour at the end i left without getting any coffee.
not recomended at all

Room Tip: dont go to this hotel
5  Thank Haim L

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize that we let you down during your recent visit. I will personally look into why you did not receive Housekeeping service. We also have staff on board 24 hours and while we do not offer food service for 24 hours we certainly can provide for your basic needs at any time of the day. I do hope you give us another oppportunity so that we can prove your recent disappointment was the rare exception to our normal level of service delivery.