“Excellent!”

Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd
Ranked #150 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with a Groupon purchase. Everything was fabulous, the service, the cleanliness, the pool area, etc. The manager even took an item off of my lunch bill because it wasn't to my liking! Overall, our stay was excellent!! Thank you for a fabulous get a way!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank GraceTraveler26
AnthonyLazzara, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! Reviews such as yours is what energizes our team. I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope your future plans allow you come back soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our family of 3 stayed at the hotel for a few nights. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was really amazing and very welcome after a long day at Universal Studios. The young gentleman at the valet parking was super helpful and went out of his way to assist us with extending our car rental. I would strongly recommend this Hotel for your family stay in Orlando it is much, much better than Disney's All Star Movies resort where we also stayed on our visit to Orlando. Rather stay at this Hotel and make use of the free shuttle to Disney and Universal.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nelson M

Love your review and reading that you prefer our hotel over the Disney properties! We receive so many great comments about the comfort of our beds so it really was not surprising to read this. The complimentary shuttle is convenient and saves $18 in parking at the attraction as well. Our location cant be beat, convenient to so much. Thank you for sharing with our Trip Advisor readers. Please visit again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean and well maintained. It is close to wet n wild water park, universal studios, convention center, and shops and restaurants. I only gave it 4 stars because there is no reasonably priced breakfast options. Many families come here and the breakfast buffet at $14 each is the cheapest option. Ala carte breakfast of English muffin and coffee $10! Free coffee, A free continental breakfast or more reasonable breakfast pricing would be ideal. All of the staff were friendly and efficient. We stayed in a junior suite so our son could sleep on the sleeper sofa. The arrangement is odd and you basically are facing each other in the room - foot to foot. A curtain divider would have been nice. All in all though it is a nice hotel and worth a stay. Just bring breakfast supplies.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Haswell4

Your review is very much appreciated. I am glad that your overall experience was very satisfying. I will meet with our Chef with a goal of having some additional breakfast options. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here in June this year. We got such a warm welcome at reception! The room was lovely and spacious with such comfortable beds. I honestly had the best sleep there. They offer a free shuttle bus to the parks which is so handy, just make sure you on time!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly O

Thank you for your kind comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and found the staff to be friendly. That means a lot to us. I hope you can visit again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We originally were going to stay at the Hyatt Regency (formerly the Peabody) but changed our minds and decided to stay in this hotel for our first week and the Loews Royal Pacific the second week - you can read my review on that also.

As the Loews was more expensive we decided to use Hotwire for a hotel for the first week and got the Crowne Plaza for just over £300 for a week for the 3 of us (2 Adults & 13yrd old). - Bargain !

We stayed here from the 25th June - 2 July. We arrived late after midnight and when we checked in were told that our double queen room was unavailable and so were upgraded to a junior suite which gave us a little more room. I also showed my Priority Card and was handed a VIP card which entitled me to free Tea/Coffee / WiFi / Newspaper + 10% of all purchases within the hotel - nice little perk.

The room was big and clean, the bed was comfy and we had a pool view. We also had a fridge which was handy. The pull out bed looked a bit springy but my daughter said it was ok but I would have had it changed otherwise. House keeping was frequent and did a good job.

The hotel has a I-Ride Trolley stop outside which is great for going to Sea World or the Premium Outlets - there is also a Trolley stop opposite which takes you to I-Drive (Wet n Wild) or the other Premium Outlets. We purchased a 14 day unlimited ticket from British Airways website prior to travel as this was way cheaper than paying $2 one way trip each time - around £12 for Adult ticket for 14 day unlimited use.

The Airport is about 20mins away and we booked Mears transport to pick us up which cost about £35 which at midnight was one less thing to worry about - taxis cost around $47 in good traffic - at time of writing this there is road works on I-Drive causing big delays so taxis around will be more expensive - this also effected the times for the I-Ride Trolley and you could wait well over 40mins for one - some stops were also unavailable due to the works.

The hotel pool is a good size - not huge but nice for a swim / dip. Towels are provided pool side and there are plenty of loungers / canopys to go around.

We never ate at the restaurant for evening meal but did get breakfast one morning which was ok but a tad expensive so didn't do it again. Get out early and go somewhere else. Staff were friendly when we encountered them.

There is a front desk that offers attraction tickets but this a rep trying to get you to go to a presentation for timeshare so be sure to get all your tickets before you travel - gates prices at Universal & Disney are around the $100 mark !!

Overall this hotel is a good 4* - great location, clean and friendly - use Hotwire or similar for a bargain !

Room Tip: High Floor with Pool View
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KEEFER11
AnthonyLazzara, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for such a kind and thorough review. Your comments are very much appreciated and I thank you for giving us a "try" over the other hotels you mentioned. I sincerely hope you allow us to be your hotel of choice when travels bring you back to Orlando.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here while he was on a business trip and I found it to be terrific. It was very up to date with nice furnishings and very clean. We has access to the premier business area on the top floor where they offered a very nice continental breakfast as well as wine, cheese, and cookies around the dinner hour. The staff was very accommodating and helpful and went out of their way to be friendly.
The pool was large with ample chairs and umbrella tables and close to a nice restaurant from which we ordered a poolside lunch.
It's very close to Universal as well as decent restaurants,markets, and an outlet mall.

Room Tip: Views from the upper floors are beautiful at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CandyB117
AnthonyLazzara, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

I appreciate your comments. I hope your husband had some time away from his business trip to enjoy some leisure time with you. Your tips are good ones. The executive level is very popular and many guests find a real value in the additional cost. Also, the views are quite spactacular from the high floors. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We booked this hotel on Priceline and got a "great deal" compared to their regular rates. On their website it stated that they had a free shuttle to the parks. They do have this shuttle, however they fail to mention that it runs only a few times during the day--they said it was because October was their off season, but Universal was having their Halloween Horror Nights so you would think that the hotel's shuttle would be running but it wasn't. We used the shuttle once, the rest of the time we paid for cabs--beware the hotel has their drivers acting as cabs right out front but they overcharge, you are better off calling your own cab. Next time we will pay the extra money to stay at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Katelyn M

Thank you for your comments. I try to respond to reviews in a very timely basis to address our guests concerns and sorry that you waited until July to comment on your October visit with us. True that the shuttle runs are not continuous but most guests find the current schedule to be adequate. Increasing shuttles will only result in additional costs being passed on to our guests. Thank you for sharing.