my family of 5, consisting of myself, my wife, my 2 daughters (8 and 4) and son (2) stayed at the villas jan 28-feb 4.
As background, my intention was to stay at the wilderness lodge but it was sold out, so i chose to stay in a studio at the wilderness lodge villas. We had an amazing vacation and here are the pros and cons of the villas:
pros - beautiful grounds; handy and fun quiet pool that was uncrowded and had cool little "geysers"; very clean; very quiet (we rarely saw or heard anyone); lots of common areas in lobby area where you can play chess or checkers or simply sit on a big chair by a fireplace.
cons - the studio wasn't worth the $65+ per night more than a standard wilderness lodge room. Sure, the microwave and toaster was nice, but not worth close to $500; the walk to get coffee in the morning took about 20 minutes and was very inconvenient. We stayed at the end of a very long hall, but I think it would be a pain in any room. A simple coffee stand/shop in the villas would have made a huge difference; after sending 2 faxes and a request at check-in asking for a "room with a water or pool view", our view ended up being of the back of the resort facing the linen storage area (we thought they were garbage bins at first); the maid service was a mid sporatic as we came "home" one day at 3:00 to an unserviced room which was a bit odd.
Please don't think my "cons" suggest the place wasnt great. It was, but I would suggest getting a 1 or 2 bedroom villa instead of
a studio so you get separate sitting areas, a full kitchen (studio just had a fridge, microwave, sink, and toaster).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recalling the 1860's railroad hotels of the American West, The Villas offer the comforts of home amid the rustic beauty of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Relax on the white-sand beach, explore trails through lush meadows and delight in the enchanting Silver Creek Springs Pool. Just a breezy boat ride to Magic Kingdom park, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrate American craftsmanship and the majesty of the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and LoveHolidays so you can book your Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Disney`s Wilderness Hotel Orlando
- Hotel At Disneys Wilderness
- Hotel At Disney Wilderness
- The Villas At Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Boulder Ridge Villas At Disney's Wilderness Lodge Orlando, Florida