We stayed at the Villas during the week of the 4th of July. We had a one bedroom unit, which was plenty of room for us (2 adults and 2 kids). We arrived before 10:00 am and were lucky to get right into our room. The room was very clean and stocked up with all the "starter" packs you get with DVC-coffee, Tide, etc...The king size bed was wonderful, but the pull out sofa bed was dubbed "the Black Hole" by my 6 year old.
Housekeeping was a mixed bag. We asked for bed rails and received those with no problem, but a couple nights later we asked for an extra blanket and it took 3 calls and a walk to the front desk before we could get one. We had a "trash and tidy" visit on our 4th day, and the beds were made, trash was taken out, and supplies were replenished.
The villas are located off of the main lodge, but they are an easy walk from anywhere on the property. The property was extremely quiet and nice to come back to after being at the parks during one of their busiest weeks of the year. The grounds are gorgeous. There is a small sandy beach in the back with boat docks and a place to rent boats/bikes. We rented 2 Sea Racers one afternoon, and the price was very reasonable. They allow anyone over the age of 12 or 13 drive the boats, which I think is a bit young. We experienced a very hairy situation when a young boy was trying to maneuver his boat throught the canal at the same time one of the Disney ferries was going through. If you're going to let your pre-teen drive the boat, please go with him.
The villas have a small, "geyser" pool, which was very nice. The main pool behind the lodge was very large, with plenty of pool chairs. Every afternoon they had a "pool party" with Limbo, Hula Hoop contests, dancing, and more. There is a bar and deli area right near the main pool area as well. There is some outside seating for eating, but the ducks and birds are VERY aggressive, and if being stalked by birds is not your thing I would not recommend eating outside.
Transportation was never a problem. We waited probably not more than 10 minutes for a bus to any of the parks. We took the boat to MK one morning and it was quick and very peaceful. There is also a boat to the Contemporary, which we took one morning and then jumped on the monarail for a ride.
I would definitely recommend the villas, especially if the Magic Kingdom is one of your main destinations while at Disney World.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recalling the 1860's railroad hotels of the American West, The Villas offer the comforts of home amid the rustic beauty of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Relax on the white-sand beach, explore trails through lush meadows and delight in the enchanting Silver Creek Springs Pool. Just a breezy boat ride to Magic Kingdom park, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrate American craftsmanship and the majesty of the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Disney`s Wilderness Hotel Orlando
- Hotel At Disneys Wilderness
- Hotel At Disney Wilderness
- The Villas At Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Boulder Ridge Villas At Disney's Wilderness Lodge Orlando, Florida