“Villas are a quiet place to retreat at the end of a long day” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Ranked #76 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“Villas are a quiet place to retreat at the end of a long day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Villas are very clean and very quiet. Nice to hang out by the smaller pool. Room could have been a little bigger but at Disney how much are you really in the room? Wish there was another restaurant on premise. My biggest complaint was transportation. Long waits to get back & forth from Magic Kingdom. Long way to Animal Kingdom. Would stay here again but prefer Yacht Club or Contemporary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator or you are in for a LONG walk!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Daybreak42

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Ontario Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We are Disney Vacation Club members trying out this resort for the first time. We've stayed at Animal Kingdom (3 times) and Bay Lake Towers once. I have to say this was our least favourite of the three but beautiful nonetheless. I loved the lobby and detail of the decor and grounds and the activities offered. We rented a pontoon boat and bikes and had a great time in the beautiful pool area as well. We ate in the lobby restaurant which was pricey for lunch but the food was good and service excellent. The kids wanted to hang in the room for the first night so my husband and I had a drink and appetizers at the lounge. Pulled pork nachos and flatbread were amazing and again....service was great. Not so great was that we had to wait until the very last min to check in at 4, our room was not exactly clean and garbages weren't emptied. We called down and they did send two ladies to correct the situation. Also my husband had ordered a couple of gifts/surprises to be waiting for us in the room. They weren't and he spent an hour on the phone tracking them down. Minor issues that certainly didn't take away from the positives....just worth mentioning. Our kids also love the community hall activity room at Animal Kingdom but unfortunately it isn't offered at this resort....just child minding for $15/hr in the kids club. A nice facility but only up until age 12. We will definitely be back to Disney..just maybe time to try Polynesian or Grand Floridian :)

Room Tip: We had a 2 Bedroom villa and requested the 5th floor but got the 3rd. Would recommend requesting a r...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank macmac6
Chickamauga, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

From the moment we entered until we left it was great. The people were very helpful and the room was great. Our room had everything we needed and was comfortable and clean. This is why I stay with Disney. My son and I had a "Magical" time. Close to the MK and seems in a world all it's own.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dwight H
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Where do I start? This is hands down the best Disney Resort I ever stayed at. The check in is in the main lobby of the hotel... and what a lobby! Simply stunning. Then went to the Villas. I booked a 1 bedroom Villa... and it was spectacular. The rooms are recently renovated, but it felt like I was not at Disney... Which was actually weird... it actually felt like home. I could easily live there :) From the wood doors to the shower to everything in between (the 'hardwood floor' was also really nice!), everything was themed in a Yellowstone-like feel. The service was impeccable. I needed Bell Services twice and they promptly showed up (not the case at all Disney hotels).

It was also amazing to take a boat ride from the Magic Kingdom and go back to the resort. It felt very sereine. Also, I now know why there is an overpass by Contemporary... It's for the boats! I always wondered and now I know.

The pool is fantastic on the Main Resort, although it is not a zero entry. I did not try the smaller pool by the Villas but it looks pretty too.

Words are not enough to describe this resort. I was simply in awe each night coming back from the parks. If you ever wonder if you should go, I would not hesitate. I see why AAA named this resort a Four-Diamond resort. If you ever wondered about the fuss is all about with this Resort, I would say: don't hesitate, just book it. You won't regret it for a minute, except that you wish that you had more time to enjoy the resort itself. In fact, when I go back, I will make sure I take a day staying at the resort and not at the parks. It's that beautiful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Patrick P
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Loved our visit to the studio villas. Our room was nice. I really like the setting of the resort, the theming. We also loved how close we were to the MK and enjoyed how being at the WL made you feel like you had a little get away from Disney due to it's smaller size and all the trees. We definitely plan to visit again. We had a problem with our reservation and the service was wonderful. They even gave our daughter a little stuffed goofy when resolving the issue.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jasmine L
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the one bedroom villa, which was handicap accessible. The villa, itself, was nice but in need of updates. It offered a kitchen with all the items needed to prepare a meal, king size bed and pull-out queen sleeper sofa. We ate at the (quick service) Roaring Fork, which was not very good. It was equivalent to eating at a school cafeteria. Save your quick service meals for much better places, such as the BBQ place in Animal Kingdom or Be Our Guest (lunch only) in Magic Kingdom. We tried the (table service) Whispering Canyon, again ok, comparable to an average chain restaurant. However, Artist Point (table service) restaurant was wonderful! Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. She went out of her way to make sure the young children and adults had a truly great Disney dinner experience...and it definitely was! The lodge resort was very nice inside. We had friends stay in lodge and their room was much nicer than our villa. The resort is convenient to all the parks via boat or bus. For the cost of the one bedroom villa, I would recommend spending the little extra and stay at a villa at The Contemporary, Animal Kingdom, or the Grand Floridian. However if you do stay here, look for Kirk at the concierge as he will do wonders to help make your stay better.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Pewey
virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Wilderness Lodge is our favorite Disney resort. The resort is beautiful and the resort staff is welcoming. We love having the boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom in addition to bus service. Our kids like to rent the boats and we usually take a bike ride to Ft. Wilderness. This year we used the games set up in the villas lobby as a nice quiet family time at the end of a busy day. The two bedroom villa is huge and our kids are spoiled now after having all that room.

We are DVC owners and this resort is always our first choice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family