“Disney vacation”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #100 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Beach club for our Honey moon a few years ago and loved it. We decided to go back in October 2012 with my mother, my sister and her 2 children. The Hotel itself seemed to be run down. Hurricane Hannas was not there and they moved the gym into the Solarium. Mind you we were not told any of this before the trip. Also Several People in our hotel including 5 out of 6 of us got the Puke Bug. Not all on the same day either. Our main Cleaning lady was the best. She made sure we had everything we needed and told us to call her when ever we needed anything. The lady's that had to come at night when the kids got sick were not so nice.
It seems to me that the food itself has gone down hill too. I remember bragging about how good the food was every time I was at Disney. This time that was not the case. Its a shame because I enjoyed my Disney visits until our 2012 visit.
On a positive note the Location is great. The pool with the sandbar for little kids was fantastic. My Niece and Nephew loved it. The kids Pirate slide was also a big hit. I think the hotel itself needs to be refurbished quite a bit. They may also want to come up with some kind of plan when it comes to Several Families getting sick in their hotels. I do know my Husband (a real big Disney fan) is not looking forward to coming back any time in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amber418
There are newer reviews for Disney's Beach Club Villas

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We used a DVC member's points to stay at a studio at BCV in early December. Check-in was friendly and went smoothly. We were given a room on the top floor facing the quiet pool with a huge balcony. Loved the grounds and Stormalong Bay just can't be beat. The walk to EPCOT was easy as can be. Our toddler loved playing in the sandy pool. The room was pretty spacious and it was easy to find a spot to set up her pack-and-play without making the room feel crowded. The room was clean. It could use a little updating in linens and so forth, but otherwise, the room was great. Also enjoyed a great dinner at Cape May and lunch at Hurricane Hannah's. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, quiet pool view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2012

We returned to the Beach Club in November, and stayed in a 1 bedroom villa. We are DVC members. We have been to/stayed at most of the DVC properties and for us, this is the only one. There are others that feel the same way about Wilderness Lodge, or Bay Lake; that's what makes the world go round. It's just our opinion. We just really enjoy everything about the beautiful property, incredible location and endless options. That said, we did have a bit of an issue with the room this year, and it's actually part of a growing theme with our Beach Club stays: the rooms need a facelift. The good news is that I emailed DVC about this and got a response indicating that one is forthcoming, starting in early 2014.
The issues are just generally age related; wear and tear, like cabinet doors that fall off the hinges or toilet paper holders that fall off the wall. Marker/crayon all over the couch. Worn out carpet, fridge shelves that are broken and unusable.
But it really never matters. While we've noticed more of this type of thing since our first stay in 2009, we hardly let it affect us. The beds are comfortable, everything "works", and really, how much time are we in the room? They are attentive to the cleaning if you pay for it like we do (as DVC members on points you don't get housekeeping included), they respond to any issues and, most importantly, they know the issue exists because they're going to fix it starting in about a year. I only give this place 4 stars because of these issues, but again, the good things about the property so far outweigh these minor inconveniences.

The Beach Club has the best pool on Disney property, and is within walking distance of 2 parks (Hollywood studios, 15-20 minutes; Epcot, 5 minutes). There are endless food options, with the World Showcase at Epcot at your backdoor, the Boardwalk next door and the Cape May Cafe seafood buffet in the hotel restaurant. We did REALLY enjoy the Food & Wine festival this year, we had only been on the last Saturday of the 6 week festival in the past and it was always a mob scene. We got to enjoy it mid-week, with light crowds. We would often return in the evenings for dinner after eating lunch by snacking our way around the "world". We really enjoyed it. We also got to take the DVC preview tour of the new Fantasyland with very few people there, which was nice, because my daughters really enjoyed it.

If anybody has any specific questions, I'd be glad to try to help. We are very familiar with all the DVC properties and we do a lot of eating out!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sweetfan99
Reviewed 16 December 2012

The Beach Club Villas is our home resort and we love coming home every year! We've stayed at numerous other resorts: Saratoga Springs, AKL, BLT, Old Key West, and All Star Music - none compare to the BCV's. Stormalong Bay is the best, along with proximity to Epcot and the World Showcase. My daughter loves the breezeway and she loves reading books there, relaxing. The Beach Club Villas has something for everyone, from 2 year old kids digging in the sand dunes at the toddler pool, to Seniors relaxing in the swirl pool. We love coming back every year.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We had an absolutely great time at the Disney Beach Club resort. The pools, beach and waterslide are great, everything is maintained very well and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. They have great activities for kids (pool parties in the afternoon, bonfire to roast marshmallows at night) and there are nice restaurant options for adults. My only criticism would be that the villa rooms are quite dated and worn - they could really use new furniture, lines, carpet, etc. I hope they do these updates soon because we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Casey S
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Once again my favorite feature of the Disney resort is the pool! The pool at the Beach Club is fantastic, it has a sand bottom. There is an area of the pool just for the smaller children with a sandbar in the middle for the kids to dig & play in. The pool has a fantastic waterslide, it was so much fun! One of my chldren went downt the other wasn't ready, I went down and it was great! This pool is so popular that they require a wrist band each day for entry, this prevents non-resort guests from sneaking in.

The rooms are fantastic, the options for food are great. We went when Hurrican Hannahs was closed so the marketplace was busier than normal but it didn't bother us.

Another fantastic feature of this hotel is the location. It is a 2 minute walk from Epcot, also a short boat ride to Hollywood Studios. Once in Epcot you can walk to the monorail and take that to Magic Kingdom if you don't want to take the buses. The buses were running every 20 minutes so when we did take a bus somewhere it was quick.

We've already booked our next stay for Feburary. I recommend this resort over the others if your family likes pool time as much as mine and/or if you go to Epcot a lot.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank heathermjl
Reviewed 26 November 2012

As a DVC member, I enjoy the Beach Club Villas for the comfort and great location. The one bedroom villa we were in this time was in excellent condition ... Not showing the wear and tear that prior reviews imply. My friend found the pull out sofa bed to be firm and uncomfortable. Otherwise, the spacious, well appointed room has an intuitively arranged kitchen, great light and nice bath. The hotel lobby is hectic and loud, but the rooms offer peace and quiet. Friendly, helpful staff and management comped us a free meal when our room key stopped working and delayed our entrance to the park. They corrected a frustrating experience professionally and tactfully, even bringing our groceries to the room for us.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends