“Awesome location”

Ranked #99 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Massachusetts
“Awesome location”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was our first stay at the villas, we have stayed at the hotel before we became DVC members though. I'll start with the resort itself. Location is primed, if you plan on spending time at Epcot then this is the place to stay. It is a short walk to the international gateway, it was very convenient. We were there for the fourth of July and the ease of getting back to our resort without getting on a bus/car/monorail was great.We talked to people who said it took almost two hours to get back to various places on property after the firework show. The show at Epcot was just amazing btw. They started with the regular illuminations show followed by the most amazing celebration for the fourth I've ever seen. We also saw the show at magic kingdom, and these IMO were much better. Many who stay at this resort rave about storm along bay, but to me and my family(wife and two teenage daughters) the private/quiet DVC pool was much better. Easy to find chairs, not many screaming kids and very relaxing. The only downside is there is no bar at this pool, so no drinks here. You can call for food and it will be delivered to you by the wait staff. Nice, but not very convenient. This resort is very lively, the only quick service for the yacht and beach club is here. So the marketplace is very busy. In turn so is the lobby. Just for comparison the lobby for the yacht club is always very quiet when I venture over. Also the gift shop is very limited, if you are looking for last minute gifts at the resort try the yacht club shop. Much more of a selection IMO.
Rooms- we stayed in a one bedroom on DVC points. The room sleeps four and you are allowed a fifth guest if you are a member but must provide bedding for the fifth person. My MIL joined us for four days and my youngest slept on an air mattress with no issues, there was plenty of room. The room itself was very nice, but as others have stated they are somewhat showing their age. Not terrible by any means, but showing their use with wear and tear so to speak.
Overall it was a great stay and we would definately stay again. The location outweighs any negatives that might come about.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank disneyO8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have been staying at the Beach Club since 1991, now as a DVC member we always stay at the Beach Club Villas. It is one of my favorite resorts but the Villas are a disaster. I think I may find a cleaner room at a Best Western.

Our check in process was smooth and easy, we arrived early and our room was ready, which is always great. I was disappointed to see that they have still not moved the smoking area. I think it is ridiculous that my family and I have to walk past a smoking area to visit the marketplace. Being overcome with cigarette fumes is not very appetizing.

The walk to our room was disappointing. The hallway carpet is worn and dirty. They have one area where they are testing a caret sample. Let me say this, whoever chose the sample should be fired. I have never seen such ugly carpet and it has nothing to do with the Beach Club theme.

Upon walking into our room, it felt dirty. After a closer look my feelings were confirmed. There was something brown smeared on the cabinets in the loving room, clumps of hair in the corners of the bathroom, and the carpets were filthy. As bad as the room was, nothing topped taking a shower only to look up and see green grime and black mold covering the shower head.

I'm not certain what is going on at the villas, but as a DVC member and Marriott Vacation Club owner I am very hesitant to consider purchasing more Disney vacation points. The Beach Club Villas do not live up to the Disney reputation. It is extremely disappointing.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank cccs99
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Beautiful lobby, awesome pool area, excellent service and great location walking-distance to Epcot, but the rooms are inexcusably shabby for what they cost.

The carpets in the hallways leading to the room are dated and very dirty. They were testing out new hallway carpeting, but it was ugly; far too modern to fit with the surrounding turn-of-the-century (1900s) theming and was already quite visibly stained. Spots will show too easily on the geometric striped, gray-and-white pattern. Hopefully they quickly realize it's a poor choice and abort that experiment!

We had a less-than-desirable location on the third floor (365) that faced the woods and a heavily traveled road. We could hear the elevator from the main room and bus traffic from the bedroom. The rooms are spacious, but again, extremely dated and worn. The carpet was filthy and pilled up from gross overuse, and the furniture was tired, uncomfortable and very unattractive. Even though it's only 11 years old, the colors screamed early 90s-- cream and green cabinetry, peach tile with blue dolphins, and hideous peach and blue beach-themed polyester bedspreads (who even USES those nasty things anymore??). The stove still has coil burners, and instead of an ice maker, the freezer featured two cracked and leaky plastic ice trays.

The shower, toilet, sink and tub were clean, but the grout looked dirty, the showerhead got stuck spraying out a single gush of water like a faucet (but was fixed the same day), and the wall around the bottom of the shower was water-damaged, puckered and peeling.

Transportation was fine to most parks, but getting to the Studios was a joke. The hotel offers no Studios bus stop, but the boats arrived filled to capacity twice in a row, making us late for a dinner reservation. Another day there was only a single boat running.

We love the location, but having stayed at numerous other non-DVC (timeshare) Disney resorts, it's obvious Disney doesn't care about the upkeep of its timeshare properties. I cannot recommend anyone pay Disney's rates for these poorly maintained rooms.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Marci M
Danville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We have been to this resort at least 6 times in the last 12 years, and I can't wait to go back again. There is always something to do either in the parks or around the resorts. The Kids never get bored. For smaller children, the sand bottom pool is awesome. For older kids or just kids at heart like myself, there is a giant pirate slide and whirlpool and lazy river that you can just float through and under the bridges that are built over the pool. They have Movies on the beach every night. Or you can hang out at beaches and cream and get the best banana split you will ever eat. Watch the fireworks at Epcot form the resort. Adults can hang out in the whirlpools scattered across the resorts. The decor is so bright and happy, it's almost impossible to have a bad time. Take the boat across the lagoon to Boardwalk and watch some free entertainment, or walk over to epcot. Rent a surrey bike and bike around the lagoon. Obviously I can go on and on. The rooms are bright and cheery, quiet, and are well stocked with everything you need. the service is always friendly and housekeeping is quick to respond to requests. I think they have refurbished some of the rooms, our room this time was impeccable. everything looked new. As far as dining...Cape May Buffet-YUM! bring on the clams and crab legs! Love it.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the top floor facing Epcot. You can watch the fireworks from your balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank colfritz
Auburn, NH
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Can't beat the location of the Beach Club! What's not to love about a 5 minute walk to Epcot?! All the cast members we encountered were friendly, check in was very efficient, and the resort is just beautiful. We had a 2 bedroom villa that was very well appointed. The carpet was showing some wear, but that is to be expected in a resort that gets as much traffic as a Disney resort does. Despite the carpet wear, the room was immaculate, and the painters had JUST been there to touch up some spots that needed attention. The boat service was nice, and the pool at this resort is the place to be in the summer!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank wildcatsfan86
Weirton, West Virginia
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I just love the feel of this hotel. Disney does such a great job at really making you feel like you're in New England here. This was my first visit to the Beach Club Villas, but not my first time at Yacht and Beach Club. This hotel complex must have the best pool on Disney property! There is a nice lazy river with free inter tubes. The waterside goes over the boardwalk, and the sand bottom pool is amazing! Where else can you make sandcastles without all the salty mess? The two bedroom villa was amazing as well. The separate rooms really made the place feel like a house, while the balcony was just massive! You've gotta make breakfast and eat out there once. While they did overbook the resort, we got two free upgrades and used 17 DVC points for a $1,039 room. I like it!

• Stayed June 2013
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My family an I are lucky to have Disney Vacation Club and we always pick Disney's Beach Club Villas as our home away from home. In fact all the Disney staff always say "Welcome Home" which is a great thing to hear. The hotel has a nice kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms. Perfect for 3 to 6 people. This hotel is just a short walk to the World Showcase pavilions at Epcot. Most of Disney's best restaurants are in the World Showcase so it's the perfect place to unwind, have a great meal, have a few drinks, watch the IllumiNations nighttime fireworks display,and walk home. You can take a Disney bus to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, and take a Disney
boat to Hollywood Studios.Every morning you can have a great buffet breakfast at Cape May right in the hotel and see Mickey and friends. An A+ .

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family