This was our first stay at the villas, we have stayed at the hotel before we became DVC members though. I'll start with the resort itself. Location is primed, if you plan on spending time at Epcot then this is the place to stay. It is a short walk to the international gateway, it was very convenient. We were there for the fourth of July and the ease of getting back to our resort without getting on a bus/car/monorail was great.We talked to people who said it took almost two hours to get back to various places on property after the firework show. The show at Epcot was just amazing btw. They started with the regular illuminations show followed by the most amazing celebration for the fourth I've ever seen. We also saw the show at magic kingdom, and these IMO were much better. Many who stay at this resort rave about storm along bay, but to me and my family(wife and two teenage daughters) the private/quiet DVC pool was much better. Easy to find chairs, not many screaming kids and very relaxing. The only downside is there is no bar at this pool, so no drinks here. You can call for food and it will be delivered to you by the wait staff. Nice, but not very convenient. This resort is very lively, the only quick service for the yacht and beach club is here. So the marketplace is very busy. In turn so is the lobby. Just for comparison the lobby for the yacht club is always very quiet when I venture over. Also the gift shop is very limited, if you are looking for last minute gifts at the resort try the yacht club shop. Much more of a selection IMO.
Rooms- we stayed in a one bedroom on DVC points. The room sleeps four and you are allowed a fifth guest if you are a member but must provide bedding for the fifth person. My MIL joined us for four days and my youngest slept on an air mattress with no issues, there was plenty of room. The room itself was very nice, but as others have stated they are somewhat showing their age. Not terrible by any means, but showing their use with wear and tear so to speak.
Overall it was a great stay and we would definately stay again. The location outweighs any negatives that might come about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leisure, elegance and romance converge at this charming New England-style Resort hotel. Delight in stately Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, enjoy exquisite dining and explore the pools, lagoons and whirlpool spas of Stormalong Bay. Sharing many amenities with its sisters, Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, Disney's Beach Club Villas is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Villas Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disney Beach Club Villas
- Disney Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Villas
- Disney's Beach Club Villas Orlando, Florida