“I guess I expected more for DVC”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #102 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Anaheim, CA
“I guess I expected more for DVC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

In my last visit, I stayed at the Beach Club Resort. In this visit, my friend let me stay with her at the Villas at the Beach Club. This was a mixed experience and maybe because I'm not a DVC member or a "regular".

The positive part of the VIllas is your room is easier to find and not in a maze like the Beach Club Resort. I thought the rooms would be more "glamorous" being that its a DVC property. Yes I know its an older resort, but still, it was "just ok".

The rooms were bigger than a standard room. It has 2 bedrooms, 1 with a king bed, the other room with a full bed and a pull out sofa. The living room had a sofa that pulled out, so it could potentially accommodate 8 people.. but honestly I wouldn't want to put 8 people in a suite. Its not that big and I guess I'm not into the "frat house" scene anymore.

In this visit, we had 4 people sharing the suite, and I felt cramped in the common area. In the morning I could hear my roommates chatting, and they weren't very loud. The room I shared didn't have a lot of storage space, so I lived mostly out of my suitcase, and used 1 drawer to put my small items like underwear, socks, toiletries.

Having a kitchen with a stove, oven, fridge, toaster and microwave was nice, but quite honestly I only ate an english muffin for breakfast every day, and that's because it would have been tossed on day 6 when we left. I ate out every day for lunch and dinner, and I believe so did my other 3 roommates. I guess if you're staying longer and you had kids, the kitchen would be a blessing to save money.

The washer and dryer was nice, but I didn't pack enough to really use it. I did end up doing laundry just so I wouldn't have to haul dirty stuff back to SoCal.

I was on the fence about getting DVC, but now after I've experienced it, and had to do my own house keeping.. its just not for me. For me, I need to be able to visit at a moment's notice, not book months or years ahead of time. I also like the flexibility of using a Disney Dining type plan, even with my bicoastal annual pass. The Villas isn't the option for me.

PROS
2 minute walk to Epcot + 30 min walking to Hollywood studios.
Multiple toilets in the suite, which helped because one overflowed.
Kitchen if you need it to make food, or take home leftovers.

CONS
Rooms need a face life and more storage in the bedroom and bathroom.
No daily cleaning service. Its like living at home..?
No food court, aside from 1 quick order service at the gift shop

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank callmemochelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
philadelphia area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Its outrageously expensive for a family trip. You won't spend that much time in the room.
But the Beach Club is worth every penny.
We love it. We debate it every time we go to Disney and yet, we shell out the cash again.
My kids LOVE the pool...maybe even more than the parks. I love the rooms...we always get the 2-bedroom suite because we have 4 kids. My mother came with us this time and we still had room. At one point, a violent thunderstorm kept us in the room so my kids played hide-and-seek and didn't bug us. Totally worth it.
I wish the marketplace downstairs had a few more options that went with the meal plan. The food is good and you get a lot for a meal but only two choices for breakfast and three for lunch is a little stingy.
I've never met any employee who was rude or short with me here. Usually, they are asking to help you when you are fine. Oh, we had the free refill cups with our dining plan and were told NOT to put them in the dishwasher or microwave because it would ruin the chip in them. We came home from the parks to find the maid put all of our cups in the dishwasher...with the lids still on. So they were filled with dirty water and the chip was ruined. I found it weird that the maid wasn't told this...and didn't know to take lids off cups in dishwashers. The thing was that the cups weren't near the sink...we had washed them and stacked them near the cabinet. I guess she was trying to be helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank elawson
Smithfield, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The pool is what makes this resort for us. It is fun and unique. The resort has a great location, walking distance to Epcot. It is clean and comfortable. It has a classy feel to it. We liked it, it would not be our first choice, but would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
enniskillen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights at Easter in a studio. This is an older DVC resort which has that feeling of although a little tired of old style class.The rooms are much bigger than the newer DVC resorts.I liked the added luxury of carpeted hallways that Disney have not used in Saratoga Springs.The pool at this resort is some what over rated it is not anything like a water park just a big pool which is not that warm and it gets very busy. The location of this hotel is excellent to visit Epcot or Hollywood Studios and the village atmosphere of the boardwalk with lots of food options is a much better variety than a lot of other Disney Hotels which only have a couple of choices.There was also lots for the children to do such as hire bikes and rent boats.We did both of these and my kids really enjoyed this.The location of watching the movies on the beach is also magical.There is also a small pool beside the villas which is so quiet and we would have used but there was no refill for the cups which was a real nuisance at Saratoga Springs there is one at each pool. My kids also missed having the community hall the nearest was in the Boardwalk resort.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was our second visit to the Beach Club Villas and our first as DVC members. The Marketplace or Hurricane Hannah are perfect for grabbing a quick meal and sitting by the pool. Although the main pool is the showpiece of the Beach Club, we prefer the quieter Villa pool. The location is unbeatable if you enjoy popping into Epcot frequently. It is so convenient, we went one day just to eat lunch, and another day just to ride Test Track.

• Stayed April 2014
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Disney's Beach Club Villas. The location is very convenient for Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We met Mary Poppins in England at 3:50 and I was in the hotel ordering lunch at 4:05! Doesn't get easier then that. The individual rooms do need to be renovated. Our room was dated and showed some wear and tear. It also had some dust in the vents, along the molding and above the TV cabinet. The bed was very comfortable and the pull out couch worked beautifully for my two daughters. I did find the bus pick up at the Magic Kingdom was delayed but everything else worked great. We will be returning next year!

2 Thank dmytreboe
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Loved this place. Previous stays were at Boardwalk Villas, concierge level at the Animal Kingdom & Polynesian. I'm not sure what all the reviews were regarding updating. I am from the Jersey Shore and this place reminded me of places in Cape May, Ocean City and LBI. I really tried to look for the things reviewers said needed updating and could only come up with the bench in the bedroom looked like it was hit with the vacuum a few times. I agree with a previous review that stated you could hear the water pipes from other rooms. Was disturbing our first night but didn't notice it much after that.

2 Thank primostx3