Disney's Beach Club Villas
US$276
US$258
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstormalong baydvc membershollywood studiosbedroom villacape may cafestorm along baylazy riverwalking distance to epcotworld showcasecharacter breakfastsandy bottombeaches creamshort walkquiet poolinternational gatewaydvc villaslove epcot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I loved the Polynesian resort so much we spent 19 days there one year. We tried this for the pool and to avoid construction at the poly. We will not be returning.

The service was lacking, rooms are cramped and outdated, and restaurants close at 9. The checking and room service staff were excellent.

We had to ask And insist on a microwave. The refrigerator doesn't work. There is no magic or spoiling like at the Polynesian.

The pool is great. Room service was good. The location was great for Epcot and Hollywood studios.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Oh My Goodness!!!! What a resort! This is now my favourite Disney World resort. The pool and slide - WOW!

Storm Along Bay pool area needs to be seen to be appreciated. Sand bottom pool - amazing! The kiddie pool is shallow and has a sand bar for the little ones to play on. There is even a small lazy river.

The staff here are absolutely wonderful. We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa rooms - kind of weirdly set up but we had lots of room for 4 adults and 3 kids.

The ONLY negative I can think of is that it would be nice if the beverage stations would open earlier than 11 am.

Would I recommend this resort??? You bet. We are already saving to go and stay here again for longer than 2 nights. AWSOME, AWSOME resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mamandragon
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the beach club villas for 2 weeks may 4-18 and had a fantastic stay. The location for Epcot and Hollywood studios and Boardwalk cannot be beaten anywhere at Disney. Was great to walk into Epcot to eat and stay for the fireworks many nights. Also a short wslk to swan / dolohin resort and Fantasia Gardens miniature golf. Pool is also just fantastic and was never too crowded.
There are many reviews on here saying the villas need updating but our room was clean and immaculate and quiet facing a road/ garden.
Beach is also nice place to sit at night opposite Boardwalk and watch a movie under the stars.
Good dining options snack and full service but a little on the expensive side.

The one downside we had was with the front desk who on two occasions were extremely unhelpful. On check in we were allocated a room on tge third floor and right next to a very very noisy air con unit. Called front desk to either fix unit or move and they were uninterested at best ..Rachel on the front desk needs to clearly go to a guest relations course....the most extremely unmagical cast member! After about 2 hours..with the help of Scott..who was excellent. . we finally managed to get reallocated a room on the second floor which was perfect.
We also were promised "something magical" for our inconvenience. All that materialised was a bowl of fruit delivered. ..not very magical.
We had a few problems with items we bought throughout the parks that had broken but again front desk were not that interested. Finally gave us a credit for the items but was a struggle...
Still a fantastic resort and will go back at the first opportunity as overall service was still very good.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We thought by purchasing a DVC property (BEACH CLUB VILLAS) that we would lock in what we had always wanted, a Beautiful resort, close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, a great Pool to swim in and relax around, plus all the other conveniences that DVC has to offer.
We recently visited ( May 10-16th) Beach Club Villas to enjoy the last week of the FLOWER AND GARDEN FESTIVAL..
The Festival was good, unfortunately by going the last week we have come to find out that some of the Disney merchandise (like 'SPECIAL" commemorative pin sets) have been sold out since week two, oh well, next year we go in March and will make sure we purchase multiple sets so that we can sell them on EBAY for a profit! ( this seems to be the problem from what we hear from the cast members). We're not really going to do this , just venting.
So lets's get to the real reason of my Trip Advisor review.
We are DVC members, we have a DISNEY VISA, we are annual pass members, we are D23 members, we visit Disney at least twice a year ! So when we went to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day at Artist's Point at Fort Wilderness , I will review this Beautiful resort and dinner at a later date, we found out our TABLES IN WONDERLAND discount card had expired. No problem we thought, we figured we would correct our mistake the next day. We went to GUEST RELATIONS the very next morning and purchased a new one and inquired about possibly getting a credit for our dinner the previous nite. Now , let's get this straight from the beginning, our dinner cost us $200! but worth EVERY dime. So the credit would have been $40. Not a lot of money but still it 's our money and figured we still had 4 more days to spend all of our HARD EARNED money at the Disney shops and restaurants. Well, Guest relations told us they could not help us that the Resort mgr would have to give us the credit. We went directly there and spoke with the Front desk where you check in. The "customer" service" person, I think her name was Elma, was very understanding but still had to speak to a MGR, which she did, he was STANDING right there but did not speak to us Directly. He had a Very unhelpful look on his face and shook his head like we had asked for SUCH an unheard of thing ! Remember, we ust thought we could get a credit of $40, we probably would have spent another $1000 with in the next four days had this went well! I proceeded to call DVC which took another precious hour of my time at Disney, well at least this was an hour I didn't spend any more $$ there, but DVC said that Guest Relations would be where t go for the credit or back to Artists Point, another hour one way on the Disney BUS system, and that would be at their discretion to give us the credit!
So, we went back to Guest Relations and AGAIN they said the Resort mgr would have to give us the Credit..In the end I spoke to at least 5 other Customer Service members and what I found out was that THE BEACH CLUB RESORT DOES NOT HAVE THE BUDGET TO GIVE ME A $40 CREDIT !!! THIS INFO CAME DIRECTLY FROM THE DVC MEMBER SPEAKING DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT MGR.
UNBELIEVABLE, BUT TRUE!
SO, we decided to pull back on our spending at Disney since it truly is shameful how they treat the folks that continue to spend their vacations twice a year there and spend thousands each time!!
My MESSAGE is to try one of the other resorts, yes they are still DISNEY but maybe they have the $40 dollars in their BUDGET to give a LOYAL customer a credit as a GOOD WILL offering.

"HAVE A MAGICAL DAY"

Room Tip: If you are not satisfied with the room Disney choosed for you ask for another and another until you get the room that you are satisfied with, remember it's your money not theirs, yet, and when you spend multiple days in a Dirty room, or room that is located down one of those long halls it becomes a chore to walk back and forth every day! Get the View that you want to, whether you want to view the pool or a room that is located where it may be abit QUIETIER!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luvaruba50
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Now, we've only stayed at a few resorts in Disney, but I need not look any further than the Beach Club anymore. We stayed in a one bedroom villa. All my requests were granted, my room was ready upon check in and everyone was extremely helpful. When I got there I called for extra hangers, pillows and blankets and they were delivered within 10 minutes. The resort itself is just fantastic. There are a variety of restaurants to suit everyone's needs, including the Marketplace (quickserve) that served up fresh sandwiches and flat breads (you MUST try the chocolate cake if you are in the Marketplace). Hurricane Hanna's (quickserve) was quick and easy and catered to food allergies. You can actually order from HH's from the waitress poolside. The Captain's Grille (Table Service) had fantastic service and good food. Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to try the Yachtsman Steak House (table service). There were always activities for the kids, movies on the beach and just an all around good vibe here. The pool is great too! And talk about location!!!!! The fact that you could walk to Epcot in about 3 minutes was just the best (if you are an Epcot fan). You can walk to Hollywood Studios but it's a little far for me - the boat was just fine. The buses and boats make other stops but I could definitely look past that for the resort was just fantastic. I've not had many good bus stories from Disney over the years anyway. The resort is centrally located so it was a short bus ride to all the parks. The bus to downtown Disney took a while but that seems to be the case with every resort I've stayed at. You can also walk to The Boardwalk. That was nice. And if you need a car for the day or the week, you can get it at The Dolphin, right next to the Yacht Club.

The only con I could find was that the 1 bedroom villa was set up a little strangely. There were 4 doors in the bathroom/bedroom area and you had to pass the shower to get to the toilet room. So if you are in the shower and someone needs to use the bathroom - oh well. The Villa is a little smaller and not as well laid out as the newer BLT or Kidani but I could definitely overlook that as we had plenty of room for the 4 of us in a 1 bedroom and the location just can't be beat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family