“Amazing Disney Experience! 8-24-09 to 8-29-09”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #95 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Disney's Beach Club is simply an amazing hotel! I can't think of any other Disney Resort with as much class and character as this on. My family and I returned last night from a 5 night, 6 day stay at the resort. Previously, we have stayed at many Disney Hotels such as Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, All-Star Sports and Port Orleans. Although all Disney Resorts are very nice and clean...In my opinion, none measure up to The Beach Club.

The pool itself is a mini waterpark...it never seems to end. The sand on the bottom, the three hottubs, the whirl pool, the slide and the waterfalls make it amazing. Because it is so large, even when the pool is crowded there is still plenty of room for everyone in it. If you decided to stay here, make sure you use the slide. My family loved it! It's a great vantage point to look at the Boardwalk at night!

Our room wasn't large but it was always clean and comfortable! The beds are absolutly the best. After a 10 hour day at the parks all you want is a nice bed to sleep in and this is sure to please you. We had a great garden view and we even able to see the Illuminations show from EPCOT at night. We were very satisfied with the comfortable rooom we had here.

One of the definite perks of the Beach Club is its proximity to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. It's only a short 3 minute walk to EPCOT and a 7 min. boat ride to HS. While staying here make sure you have ice cream at Beaches and Cream, use the pool a couple times, have a character breakfast at Cape May Cafe, Check out the Solarium, and salute "Art" who is the famous greeter in the lobby. He is very friendly and kind to all guests! Ask him for a picture!

Next time I vacation at Disney...I will definitely stay at The Beach Club!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank KWeick327

Reviewed 19 August 2009

The villas were in great shape, clean upon arrival! Some items were missing from the kitchen and the housekeeping was quick to attend to the problem.
Great location, walk to EPCOT, Beaches & Cream is fabulous so is the Cape May Cafe', the pool is the best!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2009

This resort experience has been one of the best that we have stayed at as Disney Vacation Club members.

At check in, our hostess was very kind and courtous, very helpful and friendly, taking all of our requests into account. There was no room ready when we checked in at 1:00 PM, understandably, but we utilized their text message service and received our room number about three o'clock.

We were only there for one night as a weekend getaway so we just booked a studio. It was one of the nicest studios we have ever stayed in. It was so well appointed, the size was great, and the decore was so beautiful and well themed. It really felt elegant and top knotch. We were very, very pleased. We had a small balcony which looked over the pool that is for the use of the villa guests. Even the hallways and common areas are extrmemly beautiful and well appointed.

We utilized Storm-Along Bay, their water park like pool area. What a great place to relax! The pool has sand in the bottom and there are waterfalls and water features everywhere. There is also an area that is full of sand where kids can play like at a beach. The whole pool has gentle current running through it which makes it a very unique experiene. We also utilized the smaller pool at the Beach Club Villas area and that was a great experience as well.

We did not this stay, but we have eaten at all of their food and beverage outlets and they are at the top of our list. Beaches and Cream is a small diner type resturant with the most amazing burgers and Cape May is a clam bake type buffet. There is also a small quick service outlet attached to the merchandise shop. They serve beverages and sandwhiches.

We had such a great experience at this resort and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank spc80
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I stayed in a 1 bedroom villa (woods view) and found it was spacious, extremely clean, well-appointed and very well located. There is no doubt that this is the best hotel to stay at when in Disney. The pool facilities alone made the kids want to stay on property many times. In fact, the pools were so great that we only went to the waterparks once during our 8 day stay. Service is supreme. Cape May is excellent for breakfast and for dinner with a very good assortment. We liked the fact that we could do laundry in our room. If noise bothers you, make sure you don't get a room facing the street. A wonderful experience, and the next time I go to Disney, there is no doubt that this will be the hotel of choice. A short 5 minute walk to the back entrance to EPCOT. Boardwalk area is nice to stroll at night. Amazing....

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2009

My then 6 year old daughter and I stayed for 5 nights at the Beach Club Villas in late July/early August 2008 on a mother-daughter trip. We had booked a 1 bedroom villa, and were pleasantly surprised when our room actually turned out to be a 4th floor, 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit when my daughter opened an interior door to the right of the room's front foyer and discovered a second bedroom and bath. We expected that interior door was going to reveal a closet or bathroom, but it turned out to be a spacious second bedroom with 2 queen beds and adjacent bathroom, in addition to a large master suite with king bed, large master bath with jacuzzi tub and separate shower.

Cleanliness and condition of the villa was top notch, with daily housekeeping service instead of weekly service since we were not Disney vacation club members. The villa was spacious with multiple closets, and it truly felt decadent for just the two of us. The laundry closet with stacked washer and dryer was an appreciated convenience because we prefer to travel light and needed to do laundry during our stay. The living room and both bedrooms had balconies overlooking Epcot's geodesic dome and the nightly fireworks.

The Beach Club's large sand bottom pool area and gigantic slide were fun amenities for unwinding and relaxing. We also thoroughly enjoyed strolling the paved pathway looping around the beach and lake to go to Epcot, the Boardwalk resort area, and to the boat launches to Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios. The Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom theme parks were accessible from the Beach Club by car or by Disney bus service.

The Beach Club's onsite Cape May Cafe's character breakfast buffet and non-character dinner buffet were our favorite meals before or after spending our days at the theme parks, and the servers and chef were very accommodating regarding my daughter's food allergies. Room service pizza delivery was prompt and tasty, although spendy. We had the Disney deluxe dining plan which allowed for room service or otherwise we probably would not have utilized room service at all.

There was in-room dataport internet access for an additional daily fee, somewhat irksome on top of the cost of the deluxe accommodations.

Staying at the Beach Club was a big splurge for us, and a trip my daughter and I will always remember and treasure.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank roadtrippervoyageur
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We're DVC members and this is our home resort. I love the location of this resort. My favorite Disney World burger place is at this resort, Beaches and Cream (out the back door of the Beach Club resort) The pool is awesome, with a great slide that looks like it's coming off of an old ship. I enjoy getting coffee in the morning and taking a walk from the resort to the boardwalk(we have teenage boys, they usually get a late start) Theres a pastry shop on the boardwalk I like to get a cream cheese danish to go with my coffee. Theres also a marina in front of the resort, my husband and boys rented those small boats to ride around in. They had a great time. We've stayed here 4 or 5 times. It's my favorite of all the Disney DVC resorts.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Disneygoof
Reviewed 26 July 2009

My husband and two daughters, ages 11 and 13 stayed at the Beach Club Villas in June. We had a 1 bedroom Villa which was spotless, overlooked a quiet pool, with an incredible bed in the master bedroom. The convenience of a villa with full kitchen, two bathrooms and a washer dryer is definitely welcomed in Florida summers. You just can't go wrong staying here. The entire resort is upscale and beautifully landscaped and decorated. I did the online check in and was greeted at the door of the resort by name when I got out of my car and they took me to the front desk and I was on my way in about 6 or 7 minutes. (I am sure the guard at the gate radioed to the front door--but it was cool anyways.) My room wasn't ready yet, but they gave me my entire packet and keys and they text messaged me when it was ready. I left after checkin to go to the resort and got my message very quickly and didn't miss a beat at the parks. All I had to do was go to my room when I was ready. On top of the great atmosphere and room, the waterpark area is incredible. Sandy bottom pool, super fast slide for all sizes..more adults were on it than kids, lazy river that is really deep in parts(great for adults to dangle their legs), grill, ice cream parlor, little kids area, winding pools and a whirlpool area. My family didn't even want to go to the parks, we spent entire days just lounging around in the pool area and even nights. If you have little kids they have pool games in the afternoon, etc. At night you can watch on the gigantic screen at the beach a disney movie overlooking the lake. They move out the lounges and beach chairs for people to sit in. They had a campfire, smores, etc. We skip that stuff because it is more for the first timer or with young kids. Another perk, you can walk the entire boardwark area with restaurants and shops, then hop a boat to either Epcot or Disney Studios. You can do a very short walk to Epcot and we chose that after a large dinner some nights.

I can't say enough about this resort...definitely 5 star and it is extremely worth it because you won't want to leave. They even have a deli area in the mercantile that is open late at night for you to get sandwiches, salads, etc. if you are still hungry. Loved it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family