“AMAZZZING HOTEL!!”

Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #10 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel the end of August for almost a week. I took my son to Orlando to celebrate his birthday and visit Universal Studios. The rooms, price, amenities and service were all AMAZZZING!!!

Upon check-in we were greated by Brittany. She was friendly and prompt at assigning us a room. She must have noticed it was my son's birthday, because after we dropped our luggage off at the room we left to celebrate at Universal. Upon our return that night, the hotel mgmt had left a card in our room along with a candy bar and pen wishing him a Happy Birthday. He thought it was the coolest thing ever and I was quite impressed.

Each day we visited the breakfast area. Linda (I believe that was her name) was always on top of making sure food was fresh and the area was tidy. She was extremely friendly and always greeted folks and smiled. She even kindly advised one guest of the health regulations since their feet were bare and were not allowed in the food area. The breakfast was quite impressive. You could make a fresh and fluffy waffle yourself, juice, coffee, sausage, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, gravy, biscuits, bagels, toasters, and much more. At 5 o'clock they had their kickback which offered chicken nuggets, baked potatoes, veggies, soda, water, complimentary cocktails, nachos, each day it varied. Plus, popcorn & soda for snacks. The food was wonderful...absolutely no complaints!

The pool was nice (it had an indoor section, outdoor and hot tub) which was great since we were down there during the hurricane. Fitness center great and business center was clean and available 24/7. Shuttle to Universal was complimentary and a breeze to get onto. Hotel was within walking distance or a short taxi ride from many restaurant and attractions.

The rooms were plush. We had a suite and it was very reasonably priced. It was like staying at a 5 star hotel. The interior decor is lovely and the staff all very professional and ready to help.

I will definitely be staying at this hotel in the future and highly recommend to any traveler!!! You will not be disappointed :)

Room Tip: Check out the esavers on Drury.com for the best price. If you need to change a room, you only need t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank tigerin313
Write a ReviewReviews (2,267)

Reviewed 28 September 2012

From the moment we arrived to the time we checked out we were treated as if we were the most important customers they had ever had. All employees went above and beyond, the hotel is new, clean, and a great deal for all that you get. Happy hour drinks, buffet, and breakfast-all included! The girls loved the "waterfall shower", we loved the extra space in each room as we were upgraded to a suite! The pool was quaint, with an indoor area and outdoor area. Easy access to all attractions and if you head west on sand lake blvd you will find more places to eat than you could ever imagine from low budget to high end, everything you could ask for. Hotel is within 20 min of the Fla Mall, 10 min from Wet n Wild, 20 min from ESPN wide world of sports. Will stay here as much as possible when traveling to Orlando, just wish they would open more in Florida!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!!!
2  Thank toothsleuth
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I love everything about this hotel. Excellent customer service. Everyone at the hotel were very kind with us. Specially Derrick at the desk, he was very attentive with the other British guy, too (don't remember his name). The hot breakfast was perfect to start the day. The pop corn were delicious! fresh made, old style! the room was spacious and beds were very comfortable. Room and bathroom are brand new. I went there with 2 other friends and all of us enjoyed very much!

I live in Miami so I will definitely stay in this hotel when I travel back to Orlando!
Thank you!

6  Thank Gochitaa
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This new hotel provided our family with the perfect location for our quick Orlando visit to tour the campus of UCF and attend Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. Hotel is extremely easy to get to right off of I-4 and is only about one mile south of Universal. Great price for the value. Our suite was extremely comfortable, spacious and clean. Easy in, easy out! Bonuses: great water pressure in the shower and an awesome Whole Foods Market right across the street. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

3  Thank hlmagazine
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My family had a fantastic stay at the Drury Inn and Suites in Orlando, Florida. Let me sum it up for you:
Check in was a breeze, the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I had reserved the room online, which was quick and easy. The price was a good value compared to competing properties in the area. I was arriving with a pet, which was free, and during my stay the staff was accomodating and friendly with the dog, even remembering her name.
The hotel property is brand new and everything was clean and new. There were always staff cleaning, sweeping, or wiping down. There is free ample parking, the location is good and there are lots of dining/shopping/entertainment areas in close proximity. Whole foods/ 7-11 and Wendy's are all in walking distance. The location is right off the interstate, but our room was very quiet in spite of being near the road. Our room was very large and the beds/pillows were attractive and comfortable. Everything still smells new!
There was a 5:30 evening reception with an offering of 3 free alcoholic drinks at the bar for adults, which had a wide selection of drinks available and a nice light meal offering which included hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, baked potatoes, chili, nachos and cheese, green tossed salad, salsa and vegetables crudite with ranch dressing. It was a self-service buffet style. There is also always a drink station available which included coffee/decaf/tea/decaf tea/hot cocoa/juice/and a soft drink station.
The amenities included a computer room, free wireless internet in the rooms, hot tub, indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, banquet/meeting rooms. There are pool towels provided in the pool area as well as outdoor tables/lounge chairs on the patio area. The pool is open until 10PM.
Breakfast is included with the room and the offering was suitable for most diets and included for example: eggs/sausage/ham/cheese/hash brown potatoes/cooked oatmeal/hot biscuits with gravy/assorted breads for toast/donuts/assorted cereals/bananas/apples/yogurt/fresh made waffles with syrup.There was a complete beverage station, including juices/coffee/milk etc.
Check out was not needed as there is a room key drop box near the exit door.
All in all this hotel was excellent. The only little thing I can say was not favorable was in my opinion the shower/bath products system was filled with inferior products such as shampoo/shower gel/conditioner. The products left me with a filmy feeling and actually made my hair feel worse/more tangled than with any other conditioner I have ever used. Next time I will just bring my own, this is a very minor inconvenience for me. I would definitely tell all my friends/family to STAY AT THE DRURY INN AND SUITES!

6  Thank mayzeeo10
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I had heard that Drury Hotels were a good chain, I had never stayed at one but last time I was in Orlando I saw this one. It is right down the street from Universal so I made the decision to check it out for my next trip. I got a great price by booking through their website and using the e-saver code that they provided.
The day of my arrival I called to let them know that it would be a late check in (we decided to hit the parks first) that was not an issue, great! We got to the hotel and the check in was a breeze, heading to the room we noticed that the hotel smelled new... trust me I have been in some smelly ones and this was a nice change! The room was in a great spot, we went in and it smelled clean and the place was spotless. The bathroom could use a fan so that when we took showers it did not get all stuffy in there and the mirror fogged up. The shower head was awesome! I want one of those! The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were more "squishy" than I like, but to each their own. The tv was great, it had quite a few channels, just wish there would have been some type of guide as to what was showing, but I was with a guy so he's good at channel surfing. :) We did not get to take in any of the extras but I'm sure that they were great, perhaps next trip.
Overall, this was a great hotel, nice friendly staff and I can't wait for my next trip to Orlando... I already know where I am staying!

3  Thank JenniferL84
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Just stayed last week end at the Drury hotel. It was an excellent experience. Hotel personnel were friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and confortable. The breakfast buffet was very good. They also offered like a happy hour in the afternoon which is free. They also have a popcorn machine and drinks. The location is very good only minutes away from the parks.
Also there are many good restaurants in the area.

3  Thank Trotamundo2010_10