“Super family hotel - highly recommended!!!”

Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #10 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great hotel. Large and clean rooms. Nice pool. Great breakfast. Free popcorn and what the call “free snacks”(we call this “dinner” in Europe…).
Great service, with the hotel GM present at breakfast, addressing any issue(if any…) on the spot. Staff is smiling and make you fell welcome. Not far from the outlets and from the highway(however, not noisy at all). Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Go for it!
2  Thank MarcoPoloDenmark

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Drury Hotels are the Cadillacs of Three Star hotels. This is my 4th stay at a Drury (Houston Galleria, St Louis Downtown, Atlanta North, and Orlando) and I'm never disappointed.

This is a relatively new building and it shows with it's sharp and modern decor, rocket fast elevators, and comfortable and quit air conditioning.
Upscale appointments include granite tile floors in the bath and granite counter tops.
Bath towels were average and a little disappointing. Only two hand towels were provided with the 4 bath towels and wash cloths.
Room sizes were average with nicer decor including a large flat panel television, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, iron & ironing board, and very comfortable beds. The only thing missing that I would have liked would have been an in-room safe.
The rooms and the common areas are kept clean with one exception - the floors in the restaurant area were sticky each of the 3 days of my stay. That was pretty icky along with the breakfast cereal that was on the floor of one of the elevators.
The breakfast buffet has a good array of food choices and all that I sampled were very good.
The "kick back" in the evening is excellent with a limited menu with it seemingly alternating between pasta and meatballs one evening and chicken fingers with mac and cheese the next but of very good quality. Hot dogs seem to be a nightly offering.
The hotel is located conveniently at the junction of Sand Lake Road and I-4 and is just minutes to Universal Studios, Disney World, and is about 2 miles from the Orange County Convention Center.
There are numerous restaurant choices nearby from a Chick-Fil-A, and Wendy's within walking distance to multiple high end dining choices.
The traffic in the area near the hotel can be difficult especially during rush hour. Allow for extra travel time.

Other than the sticky floors in the restaurant area, the only other fault I found was the tile grout that needed detailing in the bathroom. These are rather minor distractions and really don't take away from the positive experience the dedicated staff provides. Given my previous experiences with Drury hotels, I foresee them taking extra care in the future.

Though I feel Drurys are slightly over priced, I highly recommend this hotel as an excellent value for the vacationing family considering the available free breakfasts and dinners, free internet, nice pool area, and the convenience to the theme parks.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank WeariTravel
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is the first Drury Inn on the East Coast. It was 10 minutes from Universal, provides a free shuttle to Universal and other places, free huge breakfast, free great Happy Hour and the rooms were great for myself, my son and his friend. Glad to see a Drury Inn on the East Coast!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed here for two nights. As a frequent traveler, I can tell that the room is a standard one but the service is top notch! Starting with its receptionist, the dining servers and then the managers, all of them are nice and welcoming. They like to interact with their guests and asking if there are anything they could do to make our stay comfortable and also in the dining area, they greets us politely and also ask us if they can do or help us with something. Stephanie and Lou Verde are the example of their top notch services.They really know the meaning of hospitality which is mandatory in the service management. One thing that can be improved is the quality of its trio -shampoo, conditioner and soap.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tienne
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel the last 9 nights. As others have mentioned the kickback and breakfast are fantastic starters and Enders for your day. I was traveling with a senior citizen and she enjoyed the room and the drinks in the afternoon. She raved on how great this stay was compared to our other stays in Florida so this is top-notched. Felix, the bartender, for most of our stay was great. He conversed and was like a family member and by the third night knew our drink orders. Ms. Vicky and Mr. Lou were wonderful as well stated that we were like family. They talked to us each time they saw us and made sure everything was well in which it was. The only complaint that I had that I shrugged off as a simple error was concerning my dog. I received a call around 10 one night that he was barking and was asked to calm him down by taking him for a walk, however, my dog had not barked at all that night. He was asleep when they called so I knew that it was not him. I am assuming that they called other rooms to find out who it was. I called the front desk to see was this matter handled and was told that it would be taken care of. I also was told by a night manager that my dog could not be taken through the lobby but saw other dogs being taken through the lobby during my stay. This was on a flyer in the room that dogs should not be in this area but this should be the case for all dogs. Other than those little incidents, the stay was great. I would stay again in a heartbeat. Planning to find more Drury's for my future stays.

Room Tip: Room by the pool you can see fireworks
1  Thank k_gloryh
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here for one night after a day at Sea World. It was a rainy day and Sea World was cut short but my kids still had fun in the indoor/outdoor pool. We enjoyed the free pop and popcorn. The staff was very friendly and our room was spotless. We will visit this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kelly L
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here 4 nights and actually checked out today. The staff was very nice and helpful in everything they did. We ate breakfast and dinner which was good. There were many groups there and you never ran out of anything. Need more hotels like this. You can't beat the price for all the amentities you get. Will definitely stay again next time in Orlando!

• Stayed: July 2013