“Drury Inn and Suites Hotel review”

Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #9 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“Drury Inn and Suites Hotel review”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

This is the best hotel I could ever stay at!!! I was traveling with the Arabia Mountain High School Band and we had a pool party at the pool area. The AMHS Emeralds invited me to the spa so I could talk to them. This hotel
is better than Travelodge.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Caslin B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel on business for ten days and was very pleased with the superior customer service I received each day. By day three the front desk greeted me by name. They provide a delicious breakfast every morning and a great "kick back" hour in the evenings. A perfect way to end a long day of intense training. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean with updated fixtures, hot showers and a nice big screen TV. All in all I have no complaints only compliments. Great job Drury. Looking forward to my next visit to Orlando.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on top floors (7 or 8). They provide a good view to the city.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bolton England
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Drurys Inn and Suites 5th to 9th November. We had a really nice king room. 524. There was some traffic noise but not as bad as some are stating. The breakfast food was plentiful, the staff very friendly and could not do enough for you. I bought some smoked salmon from Publix for my breakfast for a change one morning and a member of staff took it away to open the packaging for me, then asked me what was I building, we had a laugh about that. The manager Robert is keen to know his guests and what their plans are for the day. There is free popcorn and soda from 3pm to 10pm. In the evening there is some food on offer, as are three alcoholic drinks. The location is really good just of the I-4. There are some really good restaurants on Sandlake Road, if you would like a change from what is on offer at the hotel. The pool area is clean and popular. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank travellerx2
Dewittville, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is honestly one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The Beds were comfy, and the room was clean. I especially loved the floor to ceiling windows in our room. The Shampoo/Conditioner/Shower gel dispenser in the shower was really handy, since didn't have to struggle with the travel-sized bottles. The front desk attendants were very nice, and the free breakfast and dinner was unbeatable! The dining experience made you feel very welcome. We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but the outdoor hot tub was nice, and the exercise room was well-equipped. I definitely know where I'm staying when I come to Orlando next.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank abartok27
Macon, GA
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were looking for a place to stay close to Universal and decided upon Drury Inn & Suites. What a great choice!!! The staff is superlative - very accommodating and friendly - they can't seem to do enough to make your stay better. The rooms are modern, quiet, clean, and very, very comfortable. Dereck checked us in and was the model of affable efficiency and professionalism. He is just the kind of person you want as the "first face" of your hotel. Roger - the G.M. on duty Friday morning - was so welcoming and cordial - he really made us feel at home. Vicki - the awesome lady in the breakfast area - was so sweet and helpful - what a gem - don't EVER lose her! The complimentary hot breakfast buffet was ideal for our needs, and allowed us to get off to an early start each day. Also, we enjoyed the "kickback" each evening with the hot appetizers and beverages. It was a wonderful way to end our days! And the location was perfect! Easy to get to from the highway, and so close to everything we could ever need. If you ever find your in Orlando - whether you're staying or just passing through - do yourself a kindness and stay at The Drury Inn & Suites - you will NOT be disappointed!! P.S. For those of you traveling with your fur-babies, this hotel is PET-FRIENDLY!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors may have less highway noise, but it's well-insulated anyways. Perhaps rooms on th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Keeko5601
Seattle
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great hotel for the value. Good, free food, drinks (including a full bar and soda!) and popcorn. Nice food, clean and new room. I would encourage the hotel to use less disposible silverwear, cups and plates. Unnecessary waste. Otherwise, great stay and good staff

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank teo823
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I had pretty high expectations based on the ranking of this hotel. The staff was great and overall it was a good value for the money but I won't go out of my way to stay there again. Yes they had hot breakfast -- but during the week it didn't have many choices and it was the same every day except Saturday.The food offered in the evening was OK -- but again, I saw the same things night after night. I really don't understand why the only "butter" provided was some kind of yellow grease that sat in clumps and wouldn't melt on waffles or baked potatoes. If you like to drink, they do have a bar with complementary drinks in the evening but I would have gladly given up my drinks for some real butter. The biggest disappointment was the roach that had taken up residence under my microwave. I know this is Florida and the bugs rule but next time I'll stay at another hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank 899naw
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels. First let me apologize for you not having an exceptional stay. I'm pleased you experienced our great staff and felt the hotel was a good value. I'm sorry that we did not have real butter for you and that our FREE breakfast did not have as much variety that you desired. As for the insect, please accept my sincere apology, this review is the first time I have been made aware of this. We take extra care in maintaining our rooms and work closely with a pest control company to prevent this type of issue. If ever during a stay at a Drury Hotel you have questions or concerns, please let us know right away so we can work to fix the issue as soon as possible.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Robert Allen