“Best Hotel”

Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #10 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I believe this hotel opened in July. I stayed out of curiosity, the amenities, and because I got a good deal. I LOVED this hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and engaging; warm and cozy lobby(except one night it was chilly). What I loved most was my room, which was an L-shaped king, which had the appearance of a nice condo. The only thing I wish is that the sound of the heater/air could've been harder.. I use a fan when I sleep to drown out the noise. I know lots of people can sleep without anything, but not me. It was hard to sleep a few days because of people talking in the halls and the doors opening and closing. Free hot breakfast was appreciated but was the same every day. I wish they could change up somewhat. The only thing I didn't like about the breakfast, and it's like this at other hotels as well, is I need my eggs to be well done. I don't like runny, egg beaters type eggs, so I was unable to eat in the lobby. I had to retreat to my room to contnue cooking the eggs in the micowave. The 530pm kickback had a decent selection. Didn't like the broccoli cheddar soup, which was watery. Nice location, right off International Drive. This area is notorious for traffic, so give yourself extra time heading out. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I always choose rooms away from elevator because of the noise; also top floors so I don't have s...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Riley D

Reviewed 5 January 2014

What most impressed me about this hotel was the management. I'm sure that because of it the hotel offers the best value for money I've seen in a long time. The staff also act as a team and engage with the customers. Where else have you seen the manager wandering amongst the clients at breakfast (excellent and included) chatting, giving directions, taking photos etc. BUT, better still, emptying the bins, wiping the tables, assisting his staff and helping the clients. Every hotel and business manager could take some lessons on true leadership by spending a couple of days at this hotel. Our room was spotless, well maintained and tastefully furnished. As well as the full breakfast a meal is offered in the evening and each adult is given a voucher for 3 alcoholic drinks. Soft drinks and popcorn are available free until 10pm. The hotel has free parking and wifi and is located centrally to all the theme parks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SusanPerth
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We make it a point to stay at Drury Inn, whatever city we travel and a Drury Inn is nearby. We stayed here for our Universal theme park visit. Discount tickets are available for sale on hotel site. Free convenient shuttle van to take guest to Universal theme park. The evening meal offered is ok, but I rather eat at Cracker Barrel. T he only complaint in reference to the free evening meal was the lady preparing or setting the food out. She would gather the trash with her bare hands, then set the food out with her bare hands, I thought she should wear cooking or food gloves to handle food. The assistant manager was very friendly, in fact the entire staff were friendly. I noticed the hotel accommodates pets, but a lady had large dog, on a long leash and the dog was able to sniffed my feet. The housekeeping department is superb , always getting fresh towels or refilling any items that needs replaced. Over all you will not be disappointed in this clean hotel.The manager greeted us at the door as we entered the hotel, I am glad I am a gold key holder, can trade points for free rooms.

Room Tip: I always select the ADA room , meets all my expectations.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kwest446
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel is amazing. Good location, outstanding customer service, and great breakfast, 5:30 Kickback, and free drink.

There is a Universal Studio sales desk at the lobby and offer free shuttle to Sea World and Universal Studio.

This is close to International Drive, very quiet area yet very convenient.
This was our first trip to Orlando and we had no trouble in finding the hotel The staff were amazing specially Viviene and Vicky 2 very lovely ladies full of useful information and full of life they both always had time to talk to you.

The customer service is so outstanding that I thought it is like a privately run business that want to make you feel you are home.
The staff were amazing specially Viviene and Vicky 2 very lovely ladies full of useful information and full of life they both always had time to talk to you. They certainly made our stay more enjoyable

The breakfast, free drinks, and 5:30 Kickback(early dinner) offer more than enough choices.

I definitely will go back and stay there for my next Orlando trip.
Well done Drury's We will be back

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank catwoman34
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This was my third Drury stay and we will continue to make this property out first choice if avail when we travel for soccer. We had an issue with a stuck thermostat, so room was freezing-they did everything to fix but unable so we could move or turn it off and on- which since it was late we opted to do, in the morning they were very apologetic and overly generous. The people at this hotel make it what it is. My only real complaint is that there are only 2 washers and driers in the hotel. Being centrally located in a family destination area they need more than 2. In the 1.5 hrs it took me to wash and wait for a drier (which never was avail) at least 3 other families needed to wash and couldn't. I had to hang our teams unis and then finish drying this am. It was after midnight when I left the laundry room so that shows u the demand. Food was excellent, beds large and comfy, wish pool was open at least until 11 pm.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank toothsleuth
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed for one night for easy access to the airport. Facility was completely booked but handled the number of people pretty well. Breakfast and evening reception food choices were very good and food quality was good. Not the facilities fault but the large number of people attending the evening reception did seem to trash the place. The room was very nice. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Room was clean. Noise was not an issue. During our one day we visited Downtown Disney and Universal City Walk. Both were very close and convenient to get to from the facility. Parking was ample and convenient. Business area had 4 computers and 2 printers for printing tickets and such. Pool was indoor and outdoor whcih was fun for the kids. Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our universal and Disney vacation and were very impressed. Breakfast was great. Dinner was decent esp for the children. Staff was friendly. Traffic is the only downfall during am and pm. Gets backed up and a little loud in the mornings, but nothing too bad. Would stay again in a minute.

Stayed: January 2014